PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Felger looks at Jurevicius, Randle El for Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a big Jurevicius fan. Randle El is intriguing, but he wouldn't fill the #2 void if Givens left.

Im down on a Randall El signing, because like most, Im not impressed with him as a starting caliber WR, and if we did sign him, it would almost have to be for that role.

It would be great to have him to replace Dwight, return kicks, #4 WR, cheap price, but that wont happen. He would be a horrible signing IMO, because signing him means he is expected to be a big part of the O.

Jurevicious is a poor man's David Given's if you ask me and Randel El - eh, what has he REALLY done? Pass on both these....

Last edited:
AndyJohnson said:
Im down on a Randall El signing, because like most, Im not impressed with him as a starting caliber WR, and if we did sign him, it would almost have to be for that role.

It would be great to have him to replace Dwight, return kicks, #4 WR, cheap price, but that wont happen. He would be a horrible signing IMO, because signing him means he is expected to be a big part of the O.

I agree. He has a "name" now, and would probably be looking for a role bigger than what he's capable of. I think an excellent comparison would be when the Lions signed Az Hakim. Hakim was a great fit in St. Louis as the slot receiver, a strong option as a small, speedy #3 guy who was versatile with the PR duties as well. He kind of blew up in St. Louis and was a marquee free agent in 2002. The Lions signed him as a go to/#2 receiver, and he just wasn't right for that position. In the league today, you need to be a little more physical. I would love Randle El for the duties you described, maybe to work as a #3 and #4 with Davis, but the pricepoint won't be close to what the value for that slot is, because of his name.

If he signed for an incentive laden deal I still have an interest in Peerless Price. I know he's been released by Atlanta and Dallas now but he's not that old and has been a very good #2 WR before. I think he could be a good value (cost vs. production) signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back