Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsRI

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Felger: Jackson — no thrill in chill with Bill

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=123946

"Yes, I’m looking forward to Coach Belichick being around,†Jackson said. “He’s won three of the last four Super Bowls, so that’s a great thing to have. His expertise will be greatly appreciated.â€

Gee, is that why they hired them there Tom?

Last edited:
They should probably kiss and make up - maybe literally and on the air, you know how the Super Bowl likes that kind of thing. But I have to admit this grudge is kind of endearing to me; I'm a grudge holder and have someone at work whose existence I haven't acknowledged in 3-4 years so I can definitely relate to Bil here :)

BB coached in Denver when Jackson was playing there. I don't know how they got along then so this could date back even further than the Milloy incident.

If I was BB, I would not do anything until Jackson made a sincere apology.

Why should Belichick apologize? Tom Jackson's only job is to report on football. You cannot thrown around blanket statements like he did. It's irresponsible and lazy research.

It's like Dennis and Callahan making a career out of throwing out blanket statements that have no merit or showed no research. The ultimate culprit in this regard is Larry Johnson.

But TJ showed BB the type of person he is, and should not be forgiven :rocker:

WelcometothaRazor said:
Why should Belichick apologize? Tom Jackson's only job is to report on football. You cannot thrown around blanket statements like he did. It's irresponsible and lazy research.

It's like Dennis and Callahan making a career out of throwing out blanket statements that have no merit or showed no research. The ultimate culprit in this regard is Larry Johnson.

But TJ showed BB the type of person he is, and should not be forgiven :rocker:

Who said BB should apologize? Jackson should be doing the apologizing.

PATSNUTme said:
Who said BB should apologize? Jackson should be doing the apologizing.

Thats what I meant its been a long morning so far D'OH!

I hope Jackson was good and embarrassed when BB told him to "**** off" at the SB. I really like the idea that these media idiots have some accountability for the unsubstantiated moronic things they pass off as "news".

BelichickFan said:
I'm a grudge holder and have someone at work whose existence I haven't acknowledged in 3-4 years so I can definitely relate to Bil here :)
I don't mean to lecture you, but I hope you're not proud of that. To err is human, to forgive is divine.

PATSNUTme said:
BB coached in Denver when Jackson was playing there. I don't know how they got along then so this could date back even further than the Milloy incident.

If I was BB, I would not do anything until Jackson made a sincere apology.

I agree Nut, Jackson needs to apologize to Bill. I think the biggest issue with Jackson is that he lied! He did not speak to one person in the Patriots locker room or organization and just made the comment to stir up controversy or perhaps zing BB for a past "wrong." People write all kinds of things about Bill everyday, some good, some bad. He has never taken this stance with anyone else. Forgive is a strong word and I don't think forgiveness is required in this situation. I think Bill is in the right here! He has a right to be angry and he has a right to not grant an interview to Jackson.

I would bet that this goes back to Denver. Both men are about the same age and seeing Jackson's personality over the years, I would not be surprised if Jackson did not want anything to do with a boy-genius coach his age, with three years in the league and never having played a down of NFL football.

I also don't think BB will have anything to do with a nationally televised Kumbaya moment!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back