Welcome to PatsFans.com

Felger is a tool

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Zeke_Mowatt, Jun 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zeke_Mowatt

Zeke_Mowatt Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

What a douche, in his ESPN radio interview, just called the Pats a "near-dynasty" when talking about the Celts being the (arguably?) #3 team in Boston. How the hell can even a non-NE guy call the Pats a "near" dynasty? 4 SB's, 3 wins, an additional AFCCG for good measure? That's a cheap shot, and not even a justified cheap shot.

2. tobias funke

tobias funke Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

this really upset you enough to make a thread?

3. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Does he think NBA Championships and NFL Championships are comparable?
    He's so caught up in the Celts that he forgets just how difficult it is to win even a back-to- back SB in the NFL nevermind dominate for as many years as other sports can dominate. Plus the Patriots aren't that old of a franchise-not like the Celtics, the Red Sox, and some of the old football dynasties.

Holley made a good point - there are 32(or maybe it was 30) championships between the Celtics and the Lakers. In terms of football, the Patriots are a dynasty. Felger's a twit:mad:

4. Zeke_Mowatt

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

Yup, I'm petty AND bored. Pretty cool, huh?

5. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +530 / 13 / -14

#24 Jersey

Felger is old news, he needs to go back to Wisconsin. His game is done IMO. I know I've lost interest.

6. patriotspride

patriotspride Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

this is a very important thread. espn sucks so much we must get a blow by blow of everything they say. we should just rename this board espnpatsfans.com::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited: Jun 2, 2008
  7. Zeke_Mowatt

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

You're right, I'm taking away space that would otherwise have been occupied by somebody complaining about a totally different member of the media :rolleyes:

When there is a triviality requirement of "your post must be this high to ride" someone please send me a PM, I must have missed the memo. We should probably get back to discussing Coach's new lady friend (and the awesome breakdown subtheme of MILF vs. Cougar) because that's a much more valuable use of bandwidth. :p

8. Jaquelina

Jaquelina Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

stopped listening to his bit many, many months ago. vrabes said it best

9. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +192 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

Felger is a Tool! And in other news, the sky is blue.:rocker:

Although Felger had some good things to say about Mayo right after the draft. That could change tomorrow though.

10. JoePats

JoePats In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

To be fair, if the Pats never win another Super Bowl, 50 years from now I think the dynasty was 3 out of 4, and then 2007 as an aside. If the Pats win the 2010 Super Bowl, then it becomes 4 out of 10.

One NBA title is the same as one NFL title. But a dynasty in the NFL is certainly tougher to achieve.

11. stcjones

stcjones Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +49 / 13 / -16

#12 Jersey

ummmm...and you are just figuring this out now? This guy is the second biggest ********* in Boston Sports media (second only to his closet butt buddy TomA$$ho....) Felger is a well known Patriots HATER.....and takes every opportunity to trash their legacy,.....WHICH IS A DYNASTY MIKE you d-bag.......and take shots at them......He is a pathetic loser....The Boston Rag (AKA Herald) has lost all credibility in the city of Boston...and around the country (alot of friends of mine said that if a "paper" like that had done the kind of sh## to their team.....it would have been boycotted forever.....I am sure in Boston people are still reading this crap rag....

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2008
  12. Hok

Hok Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Don't mind Felger, he's just upset because he's a near-journalist. :D

13. spacecrime

spacecrime Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

No, he is not. Not even close.

14. Kdo5

Kdo5 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +44 / 5 / -3

Its Felger, who cares about what he says?

15. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,771 / 16 / -6

Dynasty is just word. You don't get trophy's for dynasties. The word dynasty is watered down anyway. In reality, none of the Super Bowl era teams should be called a dynasty because none dominanted the sport for a long period of time like the Celtics did.

If Felger wants to call the Patriots a near-dynasty, so be it. Compare to the Celtics dynasty, they are a near dynasty. The Celts won 16 World Championships and 13 of them were in a 20 year span (and 10 of them were in 11 years). There is nothing wrong with admitting that.

Personally, I don't think the Patriots are true dynasty, but I don't think the Cowboys, 49ers, or Steelers are either. They are in the watered-down NFL version of a dynasty.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2008
  16. cmasspatsfan

cmasspatsfan In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

I stopped listening to felger months ago and my life's been better, my blood pressure has never been lower

17. jczxohn1

jczxohn1 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

While my signature below spells out my opinion of MF, as I like to call him, I've been amazed at his self-restraint throughout the Tomase fiasco. "His silence spoke volumes" comes to mind. Could it be he knew Tomase' long-shot was bound to fall flat and wanted to distance himself? Or, was he letting Tomase act out for him, possibly encouraging him behind the scenes? While I admit I don't seek out his opinion, it is usually difficult to avoid, and I can't recall him opining about Tomase's charges at all. Anyone aware of his contributions on the topic?

18. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,771 / 16 / -6

Wasn't Felger the ring leader of the "The only thing Tomase did wrong was say Walsh filmed the walkthrough rather than observed and if he made that one word change his article would have been correct" brigade? Before Tomase was proven wrong, Felger was on the "filming signals was no big deal, but the videotaping of the walkthrough would be a big deal" kick. Felger was pretty vocal on the subject.

19. nashvillepatsfan

nashvillepatsfan In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

:rofl::rofl: :yeahthat:

20. AzPatsFan

AzPatsFan Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +299 / 22 / -15

There is only one team in the League that has been to more Superbowls than the Patriots.

Enuf said...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.