PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Felger giving it to Borges...

Status
Not open for further replies.
They Are Both The Two Biggest Idiots I Know, I Ask You The Question Who The Hell Cares?

R_T26 said:
on his show. Good stuff.
Can't see this circus from where I live, any quotes or summaries to provide?

Just kept asking borges why he hates BB so much, Borges said because he's a awful person. Kept saying he lied to Bledsoe and the players were upset. Felger said whats the problem with a coach lying and how upset could the players be if they won the sb in 2001. Borges was stuttering badly. Borges said when BB makes the HOF he has to make the speech (I guess because he's head football writer in Boston he has to say something, just a guess) and Borges said he has quite a speech to tell. Borges just comes off so slimey.

You can hear felgers show from 4-7 on espnboston.com

you know if there ever was a decision made by a NFL head coach, that you cant attack him for. It was going with Tom Brady.

R_T26 said:
Borges said when BB makes the HOF he has to make the speech (I guess because he's head football writer in Boston he has to say something, just a guess) and Borges said he has quite a speech to tell. Borges just comes off so slimey.

This is just pathetic. It's over the line and I wouldn't blame the New England Patriots for banning him from the stadium at this point.

shmessy said:
This is just pathetic. It's over the line and I wouldn't blame the New England Patriots for banning him from the stadium at this point.
Blame em? Heck, I'd encourage them!!!!

Was afraid to open this thread thought it was a homosexual love fest-
Not that there's anything wrong with that:D

R_T26 said:
Just kept asking borges why he hates BB so much, Borges said because he's a awful person. Kept saying he lied to Bledsoe and the players were upset. Felger said whats the problem with a coach lying and how upset could the players be if they won the sb in 2001. Borges was stuttering badly. Borges said when BB makes the HOF he has to make the speech (I guess because he's head football writer in Boston he has to say something, just a guess) and Borges said he has quite a speech to tell. Borges just comes off so slimey.

You can hear felgers show from 4-7 on espnboston.com

Borges is living on the moon if he thinks he will be anywhere near Canton, let alone in front of a microphone, when BB is inducted into the Hall.

Clarification: Borges was not referring to speaking at Canton when Belichick is inducted. Borges is a member of the 39 member Board of Selectors (as New England rep, which is of course the body that places names into nomination and votes on them. He will be the man who places BB into nomination when the time comes. Its nice to know that his nomination speech will be a personal attack.

Can someone provide a pointer to a replay or failing that to a transscript. It would be nice to be able to nail B-hole 73-0 when the time comes.

Eh, what makes Borges so sure he'll be around when that happens. A piano could fall on him from out of nowhere tomorrow.

i stopped listening to/reading felger since the denver game...after everyone jumped on him that he was becoming another borges , he is now doing this to bring back ratings i suppose...

SVN said:
i stopped listening to/reading felger since the denver game...after everyone jumped on him that he was becoming another borges , he is now doing this to bring back ratings i suppose...

Yeah,
redemption ... without contrition ... is what this sounds like.

But i rely entirely on the accounts on this thread
since neither of the named vermin
is on my watch list.

One of the biggest reasons Felger was giving it Borges is they had a disagreement about the Bledsoe/Brady thing (yep 5 years later they're still arguing about it). Felger was saying how Bledsoe stinks, and has for 6 or 7 years. He also said that Bledsoe being benched in favor of Brady was the right move back then (not just taking in to account what has happened since then).

Borges was defending Bledsoe like he was his own son. Repeatedly saying how BB lied to poor Drew. Borges revealed that the lie was when Bledsoe asked about him getting his job back. BB said he would have to do it in practice. To which Bledsoe asked how long he had to earn it, which according to Borges, BB said "as long as you need". Borges indicated the lie came from the "as long as you need" statement, which I dont get. But who knows what is going on in Borges' little world.

And I've always said Borges' hate for BB comes from the Bledsoe saga. Bledsoe was Borges' in on the team and when BB cut off media ties for players and then ultimately benched and cut Bledsoe, the hatred grew even bigger.

Borges made it sound like him and Bledsoe are still friends and as a matter of fact had talked to him this morning about the situation currently going on in Dallas. Which was another thing Felger was giving it to Borges about, saying the Romo is better than Bledsoe; and of course Borges was getting his panties bunched up.

In the end, Felger put it on Borges and asked him if he would vote for him for the HOF to which Borges said no.

Lied to Bledsoe??? I can almost buy that....but it probably was how it played out.

Belichick tells Bledsoe "don't worry your job is safe" figuring Brady is good but needs a bit more time.

Belichick's eyes pop out of his head each week watching Brady play and handle the situation.

Belichick figures he's f#cked!!! Because he promised Bledsoe.

Belichick figures however F#cked he is...all will be forgotten as the fans warm to the greatness of Brady....Belichick had it right....right????

So...he lied to Bledsoe???...NO....**** happens .... ask Wally Pip!!!!

180px-Wally-pipp.jpg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wally_Pipp

Last edited:
Willie55 said:
Borges revealed that the lie was when Bledsoe asked about him getting his job back. BB said he would have to do it in practice. To which Bledsoe asked how long he had to earn it, which according to Borges, BB said "as long as you need". Borges indicated the lie came from the "as long as you need" statement, which I dont get.

When Bledsoe was medically cleared to play, Belichick moved quickly to announce that Brady would continue to be the starting QB. Bledsoe ran to his toadies in the media, who started peppering Belichick with questions. Why couldn't Bledsoe get half the snaps in practice with the first team. Belichick said that he could not prepare his team for each week's game splitting the snaps in practice. That he had to give Brady the lion's share of the snaps with the first team to get him prepared.

This is what Drew means by "the lie". He believed that Belichick would just automatically give him first team snaps when he was medically cleared to play. Bledsoe has always believed that being "the franchise QB" is his birthright.

hwc said:
When Bledsoe was medically cleared to play, Belichick moved quickly to announce that Brady would continue to be the starting QB. Bledsoe ran to his toadies in the media, who started peppering Belichick with questions. Why couldn't Bledsoe get half the snaps in practice with the first team. Belichick said that he could not prepare his team for each week's game splitting the snaps in practice. That he had to give Brady the lion's share of the snaps with the first team to get him prepared.

This is what Drew means by "the lie". He believed that Belichick would just automatically give him first team snaps when he was medically cleared to play. Bledsoe has always believed that being "the franchise QB" is his birthright.

I think this is pretty much how it happened. Because if Patriot Reign is to be believed, both Charlie and Bill knew Brady was probably better than Bledsoe at the start of the 2001 season.

patsgo said:
They Are Both The Two Biggest Idiots I Know, I Ask You The Question Who The Hell Cares?

Deeeee-itto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back