PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Felger-Chad Jackson sidelined by design

Status
Not open for further replies.
Felger's Friend: "Hey Chad, you finally getting some practice in I see"

Chad (jokingly): "What you talking about? I been on the field everyday, just not when the media is around"

PromisedLand said:
If it is true, it is another brilliant move by the secretive BB... Buffalo has NO film on this guy! I wonder if he is going to start?
What if it is true and Jackson comes out and struggles through the much of the season because he's never experieced the speed of the NFL and didn't get reps in the preseason.
Cue the Guiness' guys..."Brilliant!"

emoney_33 said:

Chad (jokingly): "What you talking about? I been on the field everyday, just not when the media is around"

:ditto: You have it right. 'what you talking about wilis

Last edited:
ClosingTime said:
What if it is true and Jackson comes out and struggles through the much of the season because he's never experieced the speed of the NFL and didn't get reps in the preseason.
That's a good point... :bricks: <-me :D

emoney_33 said:

And how do we know that this whole big ridiculous idea isn't based off the fact that Chad Jackson was being a wise-ass when he said that comment??

that's the impression i got when i just read that post.

ClosingTime said:
First let me say that logically I doubt it's true.

But it is possible that there's a reason. For example : There may have been something (catching technique, footwork, whatever) that they were working on but didn't want to put him in a game and have him regress to the old habit they were trying to change. And they decided that the positive of game action didn't outweigh the potential negative.

It's probably unlikely. But certainly not inconceivable.

Coaches have reasons. Why was Gramatica cut after two games ? What if Gostkosski had blown up and missed 5 straight in the last two ? No-one has signed Gramatica but we didn't know he would still be out there. For whatever reason, Belichick made that move then although there was very real risk.

BelizePats said:
Does anyone here really think that BB would do this? It's laughable and does anyone really think that Jacksons agent would be cool with it?
Sunday just can't come fast enought!!!

...........................:agree:

SeanBruschi54 said:
Shhh....

Its SeanBruschi54 here;)
Urlacher, Bruschi, it's all good :)

:eek:

Sorry.

Lbaron said:
Felger revealed that one his "friends" at the Pats Gala spoke with Chad Jackson who revealed to him that he's been practicing all along.
Staying on the sidelines when the media was on the field and coming out once they were gone.

Felger says its from a personal friend/source.
The coaching staff playing chess with the NFL/media/fans?
Wouldnt put it past them but I highly doubt it.

Would make sense IF:

BB realized quickly that Jackson had crazy talent. If Jackson starts and catches 10 balls for 120 yards with 2 TD, you have to think Chayut suddenly realizes their offer isn't as bad as he thought.

BelichickFan said:
Urlacher, Bruschi, it's all good :)

:eek:

Sorry.
Ironically those are my two favorite players.:D

I doubt this is true- but since so many practices are closed to the media no one has any way of knowing for sure

More likely this is BB misinformation to have the Bills D gameplan as if Jackson might be a deep threat - but even that's a stretch

JoeSixPat said:
I doubt this is true- but since so many practices are closed to the media no one has any way of knowing for sure

More likely this is BB misinformation to have the Bills D gameplan as if Jackson might be a deep threat - but even that's a stretch
that makes much more sense and would be hilarious.

He doesn't practice. But BB makes the Bills think he was practicing all along, just not in the media's view. So they prepare for Jackson.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i like it better b ut still ridiculous. Would be funny tho.

I absolutely buy this rumor. Call me gullible or whatever, but this makes sense to me. You think BB is going to go into the season with Reche Caldwell as his only prepared WR other than TB? You've gotta be one kool-aid drinking fool to think that would work.

Most of the practices are closed to the media. There is ample opportunity to get reps in in a closed environment. All we have heard about Jackson over the past few weeks is that he "walks through the locker room with no noticeable limp or impairment" etc, etc.

Also, as everyone will remember, learning the playbook was not a concern for the Patriots when they were scouting him. He was given a chunk of the playbook to remember while he was working out for the Patriots in Florida. The next they saw of Jackson, at a workout up in Foxboro, he had the portion of the playbook given to him memorized perfectly. I distinctly remember that being something that fans all nodded in approval of.

So, I don't really see why this story would be all that far-fetched. BB is sneaky enough to pull something like this. Don't for one second assume that he's not. I mean, the fact that he is willing to do something like this makes me love the guy even more.

Uh....yeah. Sure.

Keep Jackson under wraps so other teams don't get film on him? Delude the world into believing that the kid has a hamstring injury and then poof; he is starting for the first game of the season against the Bills? Practice him at half-speed and not in any game situations because he is such a football genius he doesn't need any full speed reps and scenarios?

This one really tops the list for most ridiculous rumor ever.

Ahriman said:
I absolutely buy this rumor. Call me gullible or whatever, but this makes sense to me. You think BB is going to go into the season with Reche Caldwell as his only prepared WR other than TB? You've gotta be one kool-aid drinking fool to think that would work.

Most of the practices are closed to the media. There is ample opportunity to get reps in in a closed environment. All we have heard about Jackson over the past few weeks is that he "walks through the locker room with no noticeable limp or impairment" etc, etc.

Also, as everyone will remember, learning the playbook was not a concern for the Patriots when they were scouting him. He was given a chunk of the playbook to remember while he was working out for the Patriots in Florida. The next they saw of Jackson, at a workout up in Foxboro, he had the portion of the playbook given to him memorized perfectly. I distinctly remember that being something that fans all nodded in approval of.

So, I don't really see why this story would be all that far-fetched. BB is sneaky enough to pull something like this. Don't for one second assume that he's not. I mean, the fact that he is willing to do something like this makes me love the guy even more.

You have to ask yourself WHY would BB do this...

You think he is really worried about the Bills gameplanning for a rookie, so he hides him out of media view? Come on guys, think about it...

emoney_33 said:
You have to ask yourself WHY would BB do this...

You think he is really worried about the Bills gameplanning for a rookie, so he hides him out of media view? Come on guys, think about it...

Why wouldn't he do it? Giving teams the impression that WR is a weakened position for the Patriots, when it reality (other than the void from Branch) there isn't anything lacking, could provide a decent advantage going into the first couple of weeks.

There's nothing to lose by doing this. Nothing.

thewaylifeshouldbe said:
Uh....yeah. Sure.

Keep Jackson under wraps so other teams don't get film on him? Delude the world into believing that the kid has a hamstring injury and then poof; he is starting for the first game of the season against the Bills? Practice him at half-speed and not in any game situations because he is such a football genius he doesn't need any full speed reps and scenarios?

This one really tops the list for most ridiculous rumor ever.

I can top that (as I mentioned elsewhere): Actually, I heard a rumor that Branch signed a contract 3 weeks ago, but has been secretly practicing with the team after midnight. All this arbitration stuff has been one of BB's most elaborate schemes ever to throw off the competition.

bishbash said:
I can top that (as I mentioned elsewhere): Actually, I heard a rumor that Branch signed a contract 3 weeks ago, but has been secretly practicing with the team after midnight. All this arbitration stuff has been one of BB's most elaborate schemes ever to throw off the competition.
Now that one is COMPLETELY incredible - in the literal sense meaning not believable. Are the media and the arbitrator who ruled yesterday complicit in this scam? I can't believe that.

I buy the fact that for the past few weeks, Jackson has been taking reps and running routes 1/2 speed in the practice bubble behind closed doors and someone like McDaniels throwing him passes. What I don't buy is this silly Felger conspiracy. Did you guys here Ted Kennedy lost weight? If you believe that one, you buy Felger's lameo story.

Does he mean AFTER training camp and for the practices in preseason? Cause I know everyone who went to TC said he didn't practice for all those days, which is still far behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes