PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Felger-Chad Jackson sidelined by design

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lbaron

Rookie
Reaction score
Felger revealed that one his "friends" at the Pats Gala spoke with Chad Jackson who revealed to him that he's been practicing all along.
Staying on the sidelines when the media was on the field and coming out once they were gone.

Felger says its from a personal friend/source.
The coaching staff playing chess with the NFL/media/fans?
Wouldnt put it past them but I highly doubt it.

That's close to what our man SeanUrlacher54 has been saying.

I don't think I'll play Jackson in my fantasy leagues (yes, I grabbed him late in both) based on this info, though ;)

BS - It would be the dumbest thing in ther world to keep a rookie WR from getting reps in preseason. Now I know BRady has been on the injury report for 39 consecutive games (literally) but no way do you sacrifice a players development in the hopes that teams don't cover the guy.

Righhtttt....... pft.

ClosingTime said:
BS - It would be the dumbest thing in ther world to keep a rookie WR from getting reps in preseason. Now I know BRady has been on the injury report for 39 consecutive games (literally) but no way do you sacrifice a players development in the hopes that teams don't cover the guy.
None of us know if it's true or what the reasoning would be . . . including you.

That would be fun if true although it seems you'd want him to get reps in preseason. Imagine if he cam out and caught 5-6 balls this week at 16/per LOL!

We'll be thrilled.

Chayut will be p***ed.

This is what I have been saying for weeks, after I've had one too many!
Jackson and Branch will combine for 200+ receiving yards on Sunday. They've been practicing in secret with Brady at two in the morning!!

Whatever. This is the same guy who reported that Maroney wasn't going to play in the season opener, and he's practiced all week. :rolleyes:

IT sounds like BS to me. :wha:

BelichickFan said:
None of us know if it's true or what the reasoning would be . . . including you.
Use your head kid.

ClosingTime said:
Use your head kid.
How about you go to your own teams' board ?

DefenseRules said:
Whatever. This is the same guy who reported that Maroney wasn't going to play in the season opener, and he's practiced all week. :rolleyes:
Yeah, but he was repeating was ESPN scrolled - that's not his fault.

BelichickFan said:

Sorry B. I haven't trusted Felger's reporting ever since that Ted Washington fiasco. I find anything he reports hard to believe. And now that he's become a Borges wanna be, I trust him even less.

If it's true, good for us. IF not, well it won't be a surprise.

I think it's total BS. Why would the Pats do this? What advantage would it possibly give them? To surprise Buffalo? If anything having Chad out there and lighting it up in the preseason would have improved their position against Branch. I don't buy it. But I do hope to see him catch a couple balls this weekend.

Does anyone here really think that BB would do this? It's laughable and does anyone really think that Jacksons agent would be cool with it?
Sunday just can't come fast enought!!!

BelichickFan said:
Sure it is. A reporter is supposed to verify his information, not just repeat what he reads elsewhere. That's not reporting, it's rumor-mongering.

Regarding the main topic of this thread, the fact that he was not seen by the media does not mean he has not been practicing. The majority of practice time has been closed to the media since the first preseason game.

Last edited:
I think there is a middle ground here. I believe Chad was injured, but matriculated back into practice earlier than we are aware of. It may have been just prior to the 4th preseason game, when the Pats felt there was no benefit to having him on the field in a helter skelter scrub game.

Last edited:
BelichickFan said:
That's close to what our man SeanUrlacher54 has been saying.

I don't think I'll play Jackson in my fantasy leagues (yes, I grabbed him late in both) based on this info, though ;)
Shhh....

Its SeanBruschi54 here;)

But i have been telling people here and there that Jackson was fine all along. Trust me.

PonyExpress said:
I think there is a middle ground here. I believe Chad was injured, but matriculated back into practice earlier than we are aware of. It may have been just prior to the 4th preseason game, when the Pats felt there was no benefit to having him on the field in a helter skelter scrub game.
I may not have made it clear in my earlier post but I was kind of thinking along somewhat the same lines. He was definitely injured at the beginning of training camp and then after his 3 TC practices, but when he returned who knows?

If it is true, it is another brilliant move by the secretive BB... Buffalo has NO film on this guy! I wonder if he is going to start?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back