Welcome to PatsFans.com

Felger: Brady missed ALL of practice on Thursday

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by MagicMarker, Jan 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MagicMarker

MagicMarker Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

John Clayton has a local Saturday radio show on here in Seattle, and he had Felger on.

Felger said that Brady not only missed the first fifteen minutes of Thursdays practice, but he missed the whole 90 minute practice. He couldn't say if he missed more of Friday's practice than the portion opened to the media. Has this been reported elsewhere? I had only heard he'd missed the media portion on Thursday. If so, who would have leaked this information?

Also, his thoughts on who would win? He said the Patriots always win these games, and he couldn't see the Giants beating them.
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2008
  2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +389 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

Yes it has and Reiss said he missed all of Friday's too. Who cares. There's over a week until the game. We know he's a little banged up on the ankle, other than that it's irrelevant to me.
  3. patsox23

patsox23 Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 1 / -0

THIS IS A NON-STORY. A COMPLETE NON-STORY. Let's be the one place where people aren't buying into this nonsense, shall we?
  4. Kdo5

Kdo5 Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 5 / -3

Agreed but while I've seen other people reporting it, the general consensus is that he'll be fine or that its part of Belichick's "plan". :rolleyes:
  5. SWelker

SWelker Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

How can the starting QB of a team in the Super Bowl missing practice FOR the super bowl be a non story? That doesn't mean we all think hes going to miss the game, but it is certainly still a story and warrants conversion.
  6. neuronet

neuronet Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

#87 Jersey

Yes, people are too touchy. You need to fix your den aisle if you don't think this is important.
  7. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +389 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

I don't think it warrants conversation. If it were an issue Brady would never have been seen in the boot.

Of course, now that I see you said "conversion" not "conversation", maybe you are right :D
  8. tuckeverlasting

tuckeverlasting Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

it certainly is worthy of conversion.
  9. PatsFanSince74

PatsFanSince74 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +87 / 1 / -1

With all respect, when the starting QB (also league MVP) and franchise player of a Super Bowl team misses two full practices less than ten days before the game, it IS a story. It might not be a "Panic" Story, it might not be a "The Sky is Falling" Story, and, it might indeed just be a "Strategic Misdirection by Bill Belichick" Story, but it is a story.
  10. wizwor

wizwor Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Brady in a boot and/or missing practice doesn't warrant conversation, but talking about Brady in a boot and/or missing practice does? Wow...

This is definitely something that people can talk about. There are so many possibilities. He could be hurt or sick and that is something to talk about -- not just that he is but how well he has handled this in the past (including the AFCCG).

Then there's the head games BB plays. Is this one of those? If so, what does it mean? Is this to take attention away from Moss? Videogate?

There's the Stallworth/Welker event. That was just funny and definitely worth talking about (I don't think Wes said 'You know' once during the presser, btw). How many other Patriots will step up?

I'd much rather talk about this than how disrespected the Patriots are (they aren't).

I think Brady was sick and had a sprain. I think he's probably tired from f'n slinging it all year. A week off will do him good. After that, I think the Pats are simply enjoying the media frenzy. Why not? We hate the mediots, right? Well, how do you think the players feel about the stupid questions and speculation.

TB will be on the field next week. He will start and finish the SB in the manner we are accustomed to.
  11. neuronet

neuronet Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

#87 Jersey

Those saying this is a non story, you are just being stupid. Think about it. You are in denial or something. Brady has just missed two practices.

However, we simply have few facts so speculation is all we can do. Or, rather than call it speculation which simply feeds into the stupid "there is no story" attitude, we can only make educated guesses. People here are pretty educated about the Pats, so here is probably the best forum to get intelligent educated guesses.
  12. italian pat patriot

italian pat patriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

imho Brady will play sunday, he will play well and i think he will be awesome
  13. RayClay

RayClay On the Roster

Ratings:
    +579 / 6 / -9

#75 Jersey

Jeez, I hope he remembers the plays.:D
  14. RayClay

RayClay On the Roster

Ratings:
    +579 / 6 / -9

#75 Jersey

This is the correct answer. Ciao, Pat!
  15. nhpatsfan

nhpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It's not like Brady hasn't dealt with SB hype before. Let his ankle heal; I'm glad he's missing practices. He'll be mentally ready regardless, and physically better off for having rested it.
    End of story.
  16. RayClay

RayClay On the Roster

Ratings:
    +579 / 6 / -9

#75 Jersey

He has a high ankle sprain. We have all the information we need. They want him to rest it a while.
  17. italian pat patriot

italian pat patriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

grazie ! Ciao Ray Clay !
  18. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +627 / 5 / -14

#61 Jersey

I agree, our quarterback missing two practices is significant and it can't help. It also suggests his injury is serious. But I'm not going to worry about it from the standpoint of timing and game preparation unless/until it extends into next week.
  19. mb6592

mb6592 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

agreed, but I could go from completely unconcerned to full panic mode pretty quickly. I don't believe for a second that missing two practices is part of some master scheme to throw off the Giants.
  20. patchick

patchick Moderatrix Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +774 / 8 / -1

#11 Jersey

Yeah, what they said.

Of COURSE this is a story. It's bizarre to me reading post after post insisting that Brady wearing a boot is proof that he's ok, or that the starting QB missing practices before a Superbowl means his coach is just having a bit of fun. Up is down, black is white. Guys, those are bad things, not good.

Do I think Brady will play? Absolutely. But do I think he's injured? Absolutely. And to me, that's the #1 question mark in a game that otherwise looks like a mismatch. If that's not a story, what the heck is?

The only argument for this being a "non-story" is that we have no solid information at all. But if solid inside info were required to talk about the Patriots, this would be one quiet board! :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.