Felger & Borges = Beavis and Butthead..

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarrylS

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
There is no link to the actual interview on the Boston ESPN site, but BSMW has a synopsis of their time together.. too bad this ass clown did not get suspended for life or at least forever. Cannot believe that anyone would try to exonerate a scribe for violating the cardinal rule of sports writing, but then again it is Borges. Did anyone hear the actual interview??

http://www.bostonsportsmedia.com/

Ron Borges is on with Michael Felger this afternoon on ESPN Boston. He wouldn't talk specifics about his suspension for plagiarism, saying that it is now a legal issue.

Felger says that if "Borgie" were "a Patriots ballwasher" there wouldn't have been as much of a reaction to his plagiarism, but since so many people hate him for what he writes about Bill Belichick, the whole thing became a huge story.

They promise to discuss all Patriots moves and signings that have occurred since Borges was silenced at the beginning of March. Borges began by defending his story from the day after the Adalius Thomas signing, which put a decidedly negative spin on the signing.

beavis and butthead were smarter

beavis and butthead were smarter
lets everyone do everyone a favor LETS NOT TALK OR POST ANTHING ABOUT THESE IDIOTS, IF YOU DO THEY WIN

They"ve both been on my "ignore" list for years. (And will continue to remain there for more years). :blahblah:

There is no link to the actual interview on the Boston ESPN site, but BSMW has a synopsis of their time together.. too bad this ass clown did not get suspended for life or at least forever. Cannot believe that anyone would try to exonerate a scribe for violating the cardinal rule of sports writing, but then again it is Borges. Did anyone hear the actual interview??

http://www.bostonsportsmedia.com/

Ron Borges is on with Michael Felger this afternoon on ESPN Boston. He wouldn't talk specifics about his suspension for plagiarism, saying that it is now a legal issue.

Felger says that if "Borgie" were "a Patriots ballwasher" there wouldn't have been as much of a reaction to his plagiarism, but since so many people hate him for what he writes about Bill Belichick, the whole thing became a huge story.

They promise to discuss all Patriots moves and signings that have occurred since Borges was silenced at the beginning of March. Borges began by defending his story from the day after the Adalius Thomas signing, which put a decidedly negative spin on the signing.

Damn right!! That's us he's talking about!

He doesn't even have to be a ballwasher, just a guy that wasn't out to get Belichick and the Patriots. If Mike Reiss did what Borges did, nobody would care because he's very objective when it comes to his writing.

As far as not discussing him, that's really a hopeless request given the provocative info that he provides (Belichick is gone after this year for instance). Still, it was really nice having Borges gone from the local sports media scene. The Sunday Globe football column was actually about football! Not one word about divorces, contract disputes, or the unfailing stupidity of the local football fans for failing to recognize that Belichick really *is* duplicitous pond scum.

To make matters worse, he seems to have an evil influence on all who come in contact with him. Writers and Radio announcers feel compelled to ape his sinister tactics and it becomes a snowball effect of every one trying to top each other in who can be the most cynical and provocative. I don't want to have to read the kind of brain-dead hero-worshipping pap that you get from media across the country (think Cincinati) but a constant diet of tearing down every popular local sports figure is equally disgusting.

He did say something about the Moss trade that did not fall into the "the Patriots are really no different from every other ruthless NFL franchise" category. Basically he claimed that an Oakland coach told him that Moss constantly ran the wrong routes and was unapologetic about it.

It got me thinking; BB has been working on this acquisition for some time apparently. As part of his due diligence I'm sure that he has looked at lots of Oakland game tapes. It's probable that if Moss really was running the wrong routes with the frequency claimed by Borge's source, BB would have picked up on it and would have discussed it with Moss no doubt. I mean can you imagine Moss running the wrong route here and then being blase when confronted about it? How long do you imagine he would last? So either Moss had a good explanation for BB or Borges' source was lying/exagerating. Did that disturb Borges? No, it was juicy and reflected badly on the Pats so he ran with it. Typical Borges crap.

Good post patpatriot. Bogus is trying to make something out of nothing as far as Moss goes. He's so blatantly dumb it's almost hilarious. I have no doubt Moss did a lot of wrong things while he was in Oakland, including running at will up and down the field,and no doubt Bogus will undertake the project of unearthing each and every one. All of those things,however,could be argued as simply part of his whole outlook and demeanor while he was there. He was no prize on the field during that time,and that's no surprise to BB or any of us either. Bogus is an idiot and frankly it's not just because of his anti-Pats agenda or his Beligate operation. He's disingenuous which is really what makes him so abhorrent as not only a writer but as a representative of Boston. JMO but I see sports media as huge business with a massive market,and Boston teams are always in the limelight,due in good part to the Red Sox as well as the Patriots.
Anyway,it's almost an embarrassment when he spouts off this dumb crap then,instead of owning his lie or error,both of which he's had his share of,he denies it.
I'll give Felger this; he's admitted mistakes,he doesn't have a rep as a liar,and at least he's well-spoken on camera. As far as the Pats go,I don't see Felger as being on a mission to bring down the evil dynasty ;I just see him as generally negative. To be fair though,he was a guest on ESPN prior to the Chargers game and I thought he did a good job with his analysis.
I hope Moss tears it up out there the second he takes the field.

Last edited:
lets everyone do everyone a favor LETS NOT TALK OR POST ANTHING ABOUT THESE IDIOTS, IF YOU DO THEY WIN

:rofl: I've been saying the same thing for years. But, they feed right into them every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes