PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Felger becoming national scapegoat

Status
Not open for further replies.

drew4008

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I've read about 4 times now, all different articles, stating how "A Boston newspaper source" has erroneously reported a Moss to Packers deal is on the verge of being completed. Packers front office people continue to dismiss these claims and have no idea where he's getting his information, which he stated was an unnamed Wisconsin source.

He deserves to be pissed on by the rest of the media for making up news and not saying where he got it. What is this bozo thinking? Everything he says is so subjective.

I've read about 4 times now, all different articles, stating how "A Boston newspaper source" has erroneously reported a Moss to Packers deal is on the verge of being completed. Packers front office people continue to dismiss these claims and have no idea where he's getting his information, which he stated was an unnamed Wisconsin source.

He deserves to be pissed on by the rest of the media for making up news and not saying where he got it. What is this bozo thinking? Everything he says is so subjective.
same old same old hes a idiot now everyone nationally will know, willie mcginest said it best when he asked him if he was gay

same old same old hes a idiot now everyone nationally will know, willie mcginest said it best when he asked him if he was gay

What was his answer?

-phil (willing to sub in for Sara)

My guess is that Felger had a very reliable source that gave him inside information and then the trade talks between Oakland and Green Bay took a bad turn. It happens.

It looks good on Felger. Maybe he'll keep his mouth shut for awhile. The again he's probably right about the trade.

This works out good for Felger the more times his name is mentioned Nationally the more opportunity's for national spots he'll get.
Any press is good press:cool:

Said what best? And what does being gay have to do with anything being discussed here?

This works out good for Felger the more times his name is mentioned Nationally the more opportunity's for national spots he'll get.
Any press is good press:cool:

True. He probably had a tidbit that didn't pan out-no biggie there. He's been doing more ESPN guest spots lately (or so it seems).

Said what best? And what does being gay have to do with anything being discussed here?
im repeating what mcginist said to him youll have to ask willie those questions

I agree with vyrago...what does McGuinest's stupid question have to do with Felger's credibility, which is the reason for the thread. That is just an ignorant post!

I agree with vyrago...what does McGuinest's stupid question have to do with Felger's credibility, which is the reason for the thread. That is just an ignorant post!
what it means is the players have no respect for him dont try to make this a gay issue im repeating what the man said make your own conclusions

weei plays the soundbite all the time are they arrogant too?

No, just dumb.

Has felger ever broken a big story? (This is a serious question, I'm not being sarcastic). I remember he said that Washington was going to re-sign with the Patriots and he signed with oakland the next day.

it's pretty damn funny.

first time the guy tries to go national it backfires in the most embarrassing way.

he probably knew the source was sketchy -- welcome to the rumor mill -- but it was a simple risk/reward proposition...if the splash headlines proved true, his at large credibility would sckyrocket...if it didn't, his credibility would take a temporary hit but the extra exposure would still boost his profile...and even if people are talking about him for all the wrong reasons, he figures we'll all forget it sooner or later....and he's right.

He's obviously desperate to go national...he saw Curran leverage the success of the Pats into a national gig.

He's pushing his luck because it hasn't shined on him yet (insert reasons here).

nice try felger.

My guess is that Felger was the type of kid in elementary school that attracted every bully's fists. One of the biggest crybabies around, he deserves everything he gets on this story, as he tends to come up short in research in most stories he writes. One poorly researched story is bound to bite this guy every now and again.

As for stumping for a national job, Felger couldn't carry Curran's lunch. Curran was plugged in and is one of the more enjoyable journalists to listen to regarding Patriots information. There's a good reason he went national.

Originally Posted by patsgo

Yeah, Willie's crazy. He doesn't look anything like Randal! I'd never mistake the two.

My guess is that Felger was the type of kid in elementary school that attracted every bully's fists. One of the biggest crybabies around, he deserves everything he gets on this story, as he tends to come up short in research in most stories he writes. One poorly researched story is bound to bite this guy every now and again.

As for stumping for a national job, Felger couldn't carry Curran's lunch. Curran was plugged in and is one of the more enjoyable journalists to listen to regarding Patriots information. There's a good reason he went national.
Yes...there is...even though he's less Patriot friendly..but I always respected what he said..unlike Felger who says a lot for shock value and has so so much less credibility. I agree couldn't carry anything...a dumb vessel.

If you are going to repeat the incident with Willie, you gotta preface it with the question that p*ssed Willie off in the first place.

Felger said something like, "are the rumors true that you are retiring?" And Willie responded with, "well are the rumors true that you're gay?"

So it did have something to do with credibility but I was annoyed with Willie at the time for saying something that borders on homophobia.

As for Felger, he was getting reamed on his show for printing the rumor about Moss. He took it good naturedly and said it's the way things go sometimes.

I was listening to him on the way home from work the other day and iy was after everyone learned that the packers were saying that they have no intrest and Felger was saying that The Boston Herald reported Moss to Packers immenent and didnt even say it was his mistake. one of the guys on his show called him out on it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes