PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Felger and The Football Life: Did Felger learn anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FredFromDartmouth

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
It sure did not look like BB was an evil arrogant dictator that we were told he is. Nor did Moss seem like the lockerroom-wrecking monster that Felger would have us believe. Do you think Felgie might wise up?

No he will not wise up. Not ever. I like a lot of his work but when it comes to the moss hating and out of line Belichick critiques I find him detestable. Just the other day he called Bb's comments about Moss's football intelligence Bull****. ( Bb said Randy sees the field like many simply cannot) it made me a little angry, there are plenty of things to bash Randy for but that is not one of them. To say he is a football simpleton just because he was given the freakish ability to run a go route like no other does not mean he is a fool, by all reports that I've heard he was a very smart football player. I think felger personally dislikes Moss and has to bash BB and the patriots regularly to keep up his little persona.

Probably not, why do people still watch that crap?

Felger will argue that Belichick had the thing edited to make him look good. Who cares?!? Just like most of the shows on both stations, he goes overboard to defend a position and probably half the stuff he argues he doesn't believe. Unfortunately, that is the nature of most sports radio shows around the country and talk radio in general.

Felger is the epitome of the very thing he constantly rails against - a phony. He presents himself as the only and ultimate purveyor of the truth in the local media. Frankly, I don't think telling the truth and being a media member are compatible, either locally or nationally. But Mike is the worst kind of phony in that he constantly tells us that he will never tell us anything he doesn't genuinely believe. For a man (and I use that term with more than a little hesitation) who insists that he will never tell a lie, telling us that he won't is the biggest lie of all. What a fraud.

That ..BB has way bigger balls than he does ...LOL

:rocker:

Felger will argue that Belichick had the thing edited to make him look good. Who cares?!? Just like most of the shows on both stations, he goes overboard to defend a position and probably half the stuff he argues he doesn't believe. Unfortunately, that is the nature of most sports radio shows around the country and talk radio in general.
Agreed...

His spin on it was that, BB edited the whole thing, and that even by doing so, he thought BB left some stuff in there that he didn't realize would make him look bad. Like going for it on 4th and 2, he was claiming that even though he told BOB to be ready on 4th down, that BB still couldn't get his team ready and had no control over them and had to use a timeout. Also when BB said to the team, he wasn't going to apologize for going for it and being aggressive. Felger said that BB was an AHole for not accepting responibility/accountability for going for it.

Thats about all I could endure, before I changed the dial.

Agreed...

His spin on it was that, BB edited the whole thing, and that even by doing so, he thought BB left some stuff in there that he didn't realize would make him look bad. Like going for it on 4th and 2, he was claiming that even though he told BOB to be ready on 4th down, that BB still couldn't get his team ready and had no control over them and had to use a timeout. Also when BB said to the team, he wasn't going to apologize for going for it and being aggressive. Felger said that BB was an AHole for not accepting responibility/accountability for going for it.

Thats about all I could endure, before I changed the dial.
Several years ago, Felger asked BB a dumb question during a press conference and BB promptly took a humungous dump on Felger's head which even had Felger's peers audibly giggling and Felger's never forgotten it.

Several years ago, Felger asked BB a dumb question during a press conference and BB promptly took a humungous dump on Felger's head which even had Felger's peers audibly giggling and Felger's never forgotten it.

Is there audio on this anywhere? Or even a transcript? I would love nothing more than to listen to this. And yes Felger seems like the type of spoiled little geeky douche that would cling on to this type of grudge for so long. With that said I think I love to hate him sometimes because i still listen to him and Mazz over Weei's afternoon show.

Last edited:
You're not fooling all of us, "Fred".

What exactly happened? Everyone remembers Parcells, ripping the reporter a new one, when asked if he outcoached the other HC, but I must of missed this one.

everyone does know Felcher is from Indy, right??/

here's how it works...you take doo...combine that with the oosh part of whoosh..and add a bag..and there you have it...Felger

Is there audio on this anywhere? Or even a transcript? I would love nothing more than to listen to this. And yes Felger seems like the type of spoiled little geeky douche that would cling on to this type of grudge for so long. With that said I think I love to hate him sometimes because i still listen to him and Mazz over Weei's afternoon show.

IIRC Felger started a question with, " Correct me if I'm wrong" and Belichick quickly interjected " I can't wait"....

here's how it works...you take doo...combine that with the oosh part of whoosh..and add a bag..and there you have it...Felger

I think hes from Wisconsin, he grew up a cheesehead and has cheese for brains.

yeah..Milwaukee...I knew it was midwest somewhere

love the bio quote.."he revels in being the impartial observer and taking down the local homers a notch..."....Dr. Colostomy DID have a son, and his name is Michael Felcher

What exactly happened? Everyone remembers Parcells, ripping the reporter a new one, when asked if he outcoached the other HC, but I must of missed this one.
My recollection of it is that it was actually more than several years ago. I'm guessing in the '04-'05 time span, but it was when Felger was the beat writer for the Herald. I don't remember the particulars, other than that it was really funny and about the only one who didn't think so was Vulgar, err, I mean Felger.

Wisconsin, but you've got the rest right.

Felger and Borges are the senior members of the "Official Patriots Contrarian Club" and have made mucho dollars off of their POV... Felger, interestingly has become very popular.

Did Felger learn anything, No!!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye