PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Felger and Reiss go at it over Welker

Status
Not open for further replies.
You Patriots koolaid drinkers, my team can do no wrong fans need to go and observe other teams forums as an outsider looking in. You will see the same koolaid drinkers, their team can do no wrong fans who continue to defend their teams every move, right or wrong and it's just plain funny!! Then read the other fans posts who question some of the teams moves, who has different ideas for the team and they really make a lot of sense. You clearly get an understanding that people wear rose colored glasses when it comes to their team.

It's okay to question your favorite teams moves if they don't seem like good moves. It's okay, it really is. It doesn't make you less of a fan.

You know what's funny. People who repeatedly are critical of other fans because they are not as critical as you are.

Those other fans of other teams that you talk about, has their team put up 10+ wins for well over 10+ seasons? Is it all TFB? Well he is a big part of it but football is the ultimate team sport. All 11 have to be on the same page and execute. The greatest QB in the history of the game would not stand a chance if that did not happen.

You talk about rose colored glasses. Well perhaps people like you should open your eyes and see the whole picture and the record before being critics of others.

The Patriots coaching and management is not perfect but they are as good as any in the NFL- the record says that.

I don't get what you are saying. Either you are over thinking your remark or you are really trying to dig up something, anything to make it look like I am contradicting myself. Um, ok!! Well done! But it didn't work. :rocker:

I'll put it this way: earlier, in your anger over the loss of Welker, you said the Patriots "bully" players. Then you say they could have kept Welker by forcing a restructure or something, even a release, of other players.

That's contradictory - which is it?

In reading over your posts, I get the feeling you want them to have their "stars" at the expense of the rest of the roster, but then you talk about injuries with only mediocre back-ups available. Which is it?

You also said that we need stars like Welker to win, so I pointed out that we had Welker for years, but didn't win.

I don't think the Ravens were more talented than the Pats this year, by the way. But they were HEALTHY when it counted. The Pats were not. And how'd they do in keeping that talent this year?

Bottom line is that this front office puts an elite team on the field year in and year out, better than anyone else in the league. Doesn't make them infallible, certainly, but certainly makes me give them the benefit of the doubt.

A fairly easy interception by Samuel in '07, and we're 19-0.
A fairly easy pitch and catch to Welker in '11, and we've likely got another ring, even with Gronk hurt and a non-factor in the game. So one play in those 2 Superbowls would mean 5 rings in 12 years...I remember the days when, if the Pats were even in the hunt for a playoff spot after mid-season, New England went crazy.

Regarding the Belichick era: Where are all these more talented teams to which you refer?

Are you going to argue that Denver, who told Dumervil to take a $4 million CUT, despite him living up to everything expected when he signed the contract, is treating star players better?

I'm not happy about losing Welker, either, by the way. He was my favorite Pat. In a weird way, though, I think his departure might force Brady to quit icing out any other WR on the field over one or two mistakes, and that might be a good thing come playoffs.

I'll put it this way: earlier, in your anger over the loss of Welker, you said the Patriots "bully" players. Then you say they could have kept Welker by forcing a restructure or something, even a release, of other players.

That's contradictory - which is it?

In reading over your posts, I get the feeling you want them to have their "stars" at the expense of the rest of the roster, but then you talk about injuries with only mediocre back-ups available. Which is it?

You also said that we need stars like Welker to win, so I pointed out that we had Welker for years, but didn't win.

I don't think the Ravens were more talented than the Pats this year, by the way. But they were HEALTHY when it counted. The Pats were not. And how'd they do in keeping that talent this year?

Bottom line is that this front office puts an elite team on the field year in and year out, better than anyone else in the league. Doesn't make them infallible, certainly, but certainly makes me give them the benefit of the doubt.

A fairly easy interception by Samuel in '07, and we're 19-0.
A fairly easy pitch and catch to Welker in '11, and we've likely got another ring, even with Gronk hurt and a non-factor in the game. So one play in those 2 Superbowls would mean 5 rings in 12 years...I remember the days when, if the Pats were even in the hunt for a playoff spot after mid-season, New England went crazy.

Regarding the Belichick era: Where are all these more talented teams to which you refer?

Are you going to argue that Denver, who told Dumervil to take a $4 million CUT, despite him living up to everything expected when he signed the contract, is treating star players better?

I'm not happy about losing Welker, either, by the way. He was my favorite Pat. In a weird way, though, I think his departure might force Brady to quit icing out any other WR on the field over one or two mistakes, and that might be a good thing come playoffs.

Now that is how it's done! Bravo!! Good post and you make some very good points here.

Yes, The Patriots put an offer out there and won't budge. They expect them to either take the offer or go pound sand. I would call that bullying, wouldn't you. It's not like they couldn't afford to pay him, it's that they wouldn't budge. I don't get why you think that's contradictory?

Your going to have to quote me from a prior post on what you are talking about in the 2nd question.

Yes, you need more stars (Welkers) on the offense to win. Just because they didn't win with Welker doesn't mean anything. Look who they had out there... An old Ocho and Deion Branch, bless is soul, i do like the guy, but he was done at that point of his career, same as Ocho. You can't make chicken salad out of chicken ****! Seriously this team has so many mediocre players on it that end up being signed then released, new players brought in, it's a merry-go-round on who starts any given week. If they would just bring in a few talented players instead of a handful of mediocre players for the same position they would be better off. Heck, they probably end up spending more on those 5 medicore players to fill one position then they would signing a top player and a backup to begin with.

There are many more talented teams then the Patriots. The reason the Patriots are as good as they are year in and year out is TFB. He makes up for the lack of talent. But he can't make up for it game after game. Sure there are talented players on the team which help but as a whole, there are far more talented teams roster wise. 49'ers, Seahawks, Broncos, yes, the Ravens were, Falcons.

I'm not commenting on the Broncos question, I haven't followed it much.

As for Brady "icing" out other receivers.. He doesn't have much choice. Gronk and Hernandez have been busy swapping seats on the bench. Lloyd had a nice season last year but Ocho the year before? Branch who can't get open. The only dependable WR for the season was Welker.

I just don't get this board. We're dwelling on the past. It's over, welker is gone, get over it! How did we win SB's? The O if fine IMO, guys will step up and prove to us they aren't injury prone. The whole pats organization wants a ring and they are fixing what has stopped us, our D. We will have a explosive O, but our D has held us back. Time to get a friggen D and win some championships.

I just don't get this board. We're dwelling on the past. It's over, welker is gone, get over it! How did we win SB's? The O if fine IMO, guys will step up and prove to us they aren't injury prone. The whole pats organization wants a ring and they are fixing what has stopped us, our D. We will have a explosive O, but our D has held us back. Time to get a friggen D and win some championships.

I'm sure most would be happy with that approach but the only addition they have made to the defense is Adrian Wilson.

I'm sure most would be happy with that approach but the only addition they have made to the defense is Adrian Wilson.

Not for nuttin', but considering how bad the Pats' secondary has been for several years, I would say that a veteran pro bowl caliber safety is a pretty significant addition. As is signing a legitimate NFL CB (Talib) who will now be with the team on opening day (with the benefit of training camp).

I wanna say this...
Felger and his sock puppet Mazzoratti are the leading edge of contrarianism.
So typical to these two yahoos, they denigrate when someone's opinion is "Fan-based" but they side with players like the ultimate fans, when given the opportunity to berate the team.
Welker is just the latest example of their agenda.
They constantly create scenarios that line up with their agenda which is usually based on nothing more than their own perception.
When the Pats were readying for their game vs the Ravens, Felger, in his usual ratings grab, wore a Ravens jersey during his show...not because he's a huge Ravens fan...no...he wanted to cash in on his D-Bag persona to get listeners.

These guys hear Bob Kraft explain the team's side about Welker, and seconds later, they start picking away at his message with unfounded claims and stuff they have no way of knowing, let alone be some sort of reference for.
Frankly, Mazzoratti is a blowhard baseball writer who defers to Felger's antics because it's clear that he knows so little about the NFL.
Felger plays into the typical sports radio ploy of taking the opposite side of issues just to rile up listeners who'll call in and improve ratings.
We all know that nobody really knows exact elements of the Pats and their dealings with players are.

Personally, I think that after hearing all the days of Welker talk, I truly believe that the Pats wanted some sort of kickback for the franchise tag of 9.5Mil that they felt he forced them to pony up last season, to be included in a new deal with Welker, and Welker rejected that premise...even though it became pretty obvious that the market has diminished significantly for him.

I suspect further that if it wasn't Peyton and the Broncos who he had a deal offered from, he would have been much more likely to have forfeited his reluctance to deal with the Pats offer.

But oh well...he's gone and I think that the Pats will be fine without him.

FelgerRavens_zps39423553.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back