PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Felger and Mazz Draft talk

Who who who who who who praises the Patriots no matter what they do??!!!?!!

Who?

I seriously get tired of winning a game and having every sports radio do their best to bust my feel-good buzz by harping on all the negatives.

FRED SMERLAS!! He isn't on radio but I think he still does some post-game TV.
MIKE LOMBARDI!! (formerly NFL.com) Sadly he can't publicy praise Belichick anymore since he's officially on the payroll.

Also, Mike Reiss is rarely critical.

FRED SMERLAS!! He isn't on radio but I think he still does some post-game TV.
MIKE LOMBARDI!! (formerly NFL.com) Sadly he can't publicy praise Belichick anymore since he's officially on the payroll.

Also, Mike Reiss is rarely critical.

I consider Mike Reiss to be the epitome of what I want in a sports reporter.

He can certainly be critical, but when he does so it's not a gimmick or a schtick with him... or personal or self-aggrandizing or ego.

He is probably the most (actually) objective of any sports reporter out there.

Is this the Mike Felger who refuses to take calls about the draft. Yet, finds time to ridicule it by throwing darts at a draft board. Literally, to determine what a crapshoot it is. That's fine. We know nothing is written in stone. But, you can talk intelligently about the draft without being called a db. Something he hasn't figured out.

Felger thinks the cap is crap. Pats trade back too much. Won't spend enough money. BB only good because of Brady. Seriously, and you listen to this guy? Oh, and Mazz is even denser when it comes to football.

Lmao-The only reason they would talk draft is because WEEI, for some unknown reason, has decided to talk about it much more and fans are paying attention to it and want to talk about it. Felger absolutely hates talking about the draft to the point where WEEI had him do their draft day coverage about 5 years ago and he opened the Draft show saying he didn't want to talk about it, that it gave him "an ice cream headache," and invited listeners to cll in and talk about the bruins and Sox instead of football. I was working that day and had to listen to it to get draft information and I wanted to punch him in the face for taking the gig when he didn't even want to discuss it.

I love how everyone loves to bash Felger & Mazz but no one points out that they've been consistently dominent in the ratings. Felger can be a contrarian especially when it comes to the Pats, which can be a little annoying at times but I would rather listen to that than to someone who is always praising the team no matter what they do.

This is the most recent ratings article I could find

Sports Hub finishes first, WEEI third in fall Arbitron/Nielsen radio ratings - Touching All the Bases - Boston.com

You are confusing popular with good.

I consider Mike Reiss to be the epitome of what I want in a sports reporter.

He can certainly be critical, but when he does so it's not a gimmick or a schtick with him... or personal or self-aggrandizing or ego.

He is probably the most (actually) objective of any sports reporter out there.

And because of that he gets called the other Kraft son by the two idiots being talked about in this thread.

I remember last year when Reiss called in and owned Felger when Felger said Reiss was in the bag for the Patriots.

And because of that he gets called the other Kraft son by the two idiots being talked about in this thread.

I remember last year when Reiss called in and owned Felger when Felger said Reiss was in the bag for the Patriots.

I clearly remember that too. It was fantastic. Mike Reiss is the best out there in terms of objectivity etc. and it's not even close.

Great guy too. I asked him via Twitter last year for a copy of the Mike Mayock Pre Draft Conference call transcript with the media (was not available to the public) and he emailed it to me personally. We corresponded back and forth about the call for a little bit too. Not many in the media would do that.

I love how everyone loves to bash Felger & Mazz but no one points out that they've been consistently dominent in the ratings.

Feltcher & Spazz are raving, drooling @$$es. The fact that thousands of folks on their Commutes have little to choose from from which to get their daily FootBall Fix hardly changes that fundamental Truth.

Personally, I'd rather listen to an hour of simulated farts. It'd be more intellectually rewarding.

Apparently these guys are going on a "Brady's slipped" rant today.

Last Season-

Poor pass protection
3 rookie WR
Only 1 WR that wasn't injured at some point
Only had a legit receiving TE for 6.5 games
Only had a pass catching RB for 8 games.

Yet Brady's "slipped"

I can't listen to those guys. Everything is negative with them. The sad thing is, Felder knows sports pretty well. He just chooses/can't help whining constantly. I don't know if it's his shtick or personality.

Apparently these guys are going on a "Brady's slipped" rant today.

Last Season-

Poor pass protection
3 rookie WR
Only 1 WR that wasn't injured at some point
Only had a legit receiving TE for 6.5 games
Only had a pass catching RB for 8 games.

Yet Brady's "slipped"

I thought their theme in free-agency was the Brady Window is closing. Need to load up. What is it? Nice to be able to play both sides of the street.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back