PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Felger and Curran on Dillon

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Last night on NEST, both Felger and Curran said that they thought that Corey will come back strong next year.

Then Curran said that he noticed that when Corey went to his left, he didn't have the same quickness and burst as he did when he went to his right. That is an indication that his injury was still bothering him. That was a good observation, I thought.

I am surprised that someone else didn't post this today. But, that's why your're lucky to have me.

Last edited:
From John Molori's media blitz:

It’s been a tough week for Patriots tailback Corey Dillon. As a guest on FSN’ s “New England Sports Tonight," Michael Felger stated, “Corey Dillon stinks.â€

I guess if you take both sides of an argument, you are guaranteed to be right, huh?

I say whether Dillon comes back strong or not, Felger is an idiot.

PATSNUTme said:
I am surprised that someone else didn't post this today. But, that's why you're lucky to have me.

There are many reasons why we're lucky to have you.

patriotsrule said:
As a guest on FSN’ s “New England Sports Tonight," Michael Felger stated, “Corey Dillon stinks.â€

I guess if you take both sides of an argument, you are guaranteed to be right, huh?

With each passing day, I'm finding I despise Mr. Felger more........and more........and more......and - well, you get the idea...:)

I've been waiting for the minor operation notice....like the tighten up the strain or the cleanup....Corey has some miles left on him. Even if he slows...I see him as a better situational version of Pokey Smith until he retires. That's probably a few years off so we're good for now.

Also, I don't see Belichick getting rid of Corey. I visualize a cap freindly contract in a year or two that will allow him to retire here. Corey has great value as a leader and blocker to go along with his running talents. Unless he overprices himself...I see a good situation going forward.

One bad, injury plagued, season and some people jump off the wagon. Corey had a sensational year in 04-05 when healthy and I believe will bounce back to that form in the '06-'07 season. However, we do need to think of an eventual replacement because of his age.

flutie2phelan said:
There are many reasons why we're lucky to have you.

I know but I'm a humble guy.

patriotsrule said:
The first nine words are superfluous. The last four tell the whole story.

patriotsrule said:

Ain't THAT the truth!

The way I look at it, you need to draft a top RB regardless, or else sign a kid like Chet Taylor in free agency. You need a backup to Dillon not only because he's older, but because you need someone to fill in for him when he's healthy, and to play a lot when hes injured.

Drafting or signing a top-notch RB doesn't depend on whether Corey will come back strong or not. We need another stud RB regardless. For now AND for the future.

What's new here? Dillon might as well have had a peg leg for the last 3/4 of the season. And forget about Chester Taylor. He's a better back than Lewis and the Ravens will keep him.

patriotsrule said:
From John Molori's media blitz:

It’s been a tough week for Patriots tailback Corey Dillon. As a guest on FSN’ s “New England Sports Tonight," Michael Felger stated, “Corey Dillon stinks.â€

He needed Curran to set him right for this week.

Michael Felger is no longer a journalist. He hosts a radio show.
Everything, he does is skewed to boost his ratings. Not for
accurate analysis. More people listen if you shout and yell. I
tried to listen to the big show on WEEI one day. I couldn't
understand it. Because there are 3 or 4 guys talking over one
another. The proper analysis would have been to point out that
Corey was hampered by injuries and wasn't himself. Imagine that!!
A rb with a nagging injury. But, people don't want to hear that.They
like to hear Felger say he sucks. Our backup rb also struggled with
injuries. Our ol was severely impacted by injuries. I'm extremely
confident that was the reason our running game struggled. Not
the fact that our rb "sucks." Corey will be back. I do want to
draft a backup rb though. 3rd round maybe. We have 2 picks there.
Many good NFL rb's have been drafted outside of the first round.
T.Thomas,C.Dillon,C.Martin to name a few greats.

Dillon is done. Not much tread left on those tires.
Good thing is this draft is loaded with talent at RB and it's the one position a rook can step right into.

Last edited:
ClosingTime said:
Dillon is done. Not much tread left on those tires.
Good thing is this draft is loaded with talent at RB and it's the one position a rook can step right into.

Your wife said the same thing about you.

I think I just hurt a trolls feeling. Didn't think that trolls had feelings.

Lets see, I'm not posting on another teams site. I'm not talking **** about another teams players on another teams site. But, I'm and idiot?:eek:

Did I talk ****?
No, just offered my opinion. And I'll go further. I bet the Pats pick up a RB in the first three rounds and may just release Dillon outright.

PATSNUTme said:
I think I just hurt a trolls feeling. Didn't think that trolls had feelings.

Lets see, I'm not posting on another teams site. I'm not talking **** about another teams players on another teams site. But, I'm and idiot?:eek:
You big bully! :violent:

I've gotta admit, hanging out with those BB-Gal Gangsters has really toughened you up. If you have an old photo of your former wimpy self you could audition for one of those before and after advertisements with the 98 lb weakling who bulked up. :robot:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back