PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Felger: A truly offensive effort

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fourth and one, mano a mano:

Finally, a fourth quarter to remember for Miami Dolphins' defense - Miami Dolphins - MiamiHerald.com

“We basically out-physicaled them on that play,'' McDaniel said. ``Their guys against our guys. We knocked their offensive line back a couple of yards and, by the time the ball got to the line of scrimmage, Joey Porter -- I think made the tackle -- it was tackling practice for him.”

Now THAT is a tough read....Gettin beat up a the LoS

Re: Felger:ATruly offensive effort

He said it himself. A 3 man rush is killing this offense. You can say all you want about the Brady, who apparently sucks this year according to fans. Maroney, who sucks according to everyone even though he continues to get no blocking. Now I guess Moss is in that group as well?

We can pass the blame all we want or think with common sense. When you have EIGHT guys dropped into coverage with an effective 3 man rush you can't do anything, that's pretty unstoppable for a defense. The fact is, this O line continues to let teams do it. They continue to get bullied week in and out. They were overrated in 07, and have become ****ies ever since. From Koppen, to RG and RT drastic changes have got to be made.

This Patriots team is flawed deeply when it comes to the defensive front 7 and the OL. How in the hell did we expect to win with this? We have a G in Neal, who for the five games that hes ever healthy is a good guard. He just can't stay with it anymore. You have Kazcur who is a turn style. Don't even get me started on Koppen. You know why those QB sneaks don't work anymore? Our center is soft.

There's a reason Brady is running for his life, Maroney is on/off. No player in the backfield has the protection to do so. They need to fix the OLine big time. Do this, and suddenly these players being criticized shine.

I never thought I would say this,but this team has more holes on both sides of the ball to fill in the draft like Detroit or the Rams do.

In the last 3 games, Kaczur was pushed around way too much..

In the Miami game, the very last play, Kaczur got pushed all the way back into Brady. Which was why Brady forced an interception by trying to throw it away.

I don't know why he is still the RT! Put Vollmer there, at the very least. Kaczur must be demoted to 2nd-tier.

As for Brady, he is no longer spreading the ball around. This was the key to success in the superbowl-win years.

Also, the superbowl-win years, the Belichick-Defense was always in the top-5. There were so many leaders, Vrabel, McGinest, Bruschi.

I think it will take another 1-2yrs to rebuild this team as a "defensive team". Defense wins games, not, Offense.

How Steven Jackson runs for 100 yards every game when there is absolutely no doubt to whom the ball is going is beyond me. If they had a real QB, they'd be something.

Re: Felger:ATruly offensive effort

I never thought I would say this,but this team has more holes on both sides of the ball to fill in the draft like Detroit or the Rams do.

I'll give you a mulligan on that one.

Get real.

How Steven Jackson runs for 100 yards every game when there is absolutely no doubt to whom the ball is going is beyond me. If they had a real QB, they'd be something.

If they had a real oline, a real recieving corp and some real DT's they'd be something. the Rams are moving in the right direction but they're still a long way away from being good

In the Miami game, the very last play, Kaczur got pushed all the way back into Brady. Which was why Brady forced an interception by trying to throw it away.

That happened in the Colts game as well. 240 lb. Robert Mathis bull rushed Kaczur and pushed him all the way back into Brady, forcing Brady to alter his throw and causing an incompletion on a critical 3rd down play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes