PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Felger: A truly offensive effort

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Felger:ATruly offensive effort

I'm used to taking Felger with a grain of salt, but this sounds pretty accurate to me. And he sums up nicely "most of the Pats' flaws on offense: the lack of fight from Moss, the lack of third and fourth options, the problems in pass protection (right) and lack of a consistent running game." And I agree with his conclusion that "For as many issues as the Pats defense has had, I still see a bunch of young guys out there who could, and should, get better. The offense? It's getting worse." We're certainly not getting better, and for this late in the season, that's equivalent to getting worse.

I also thought Moss' effort on the Davis INT in the end zone was terrible.

I'm used to taking Felger with a grain of salt, but this sounds pretty accurate to me. And he sums up nicely "most of the Pats' flaws on offense: the lack of fight from Moss, the lack of third and fourth options, the problems in pass protection (right) and lack of a consistent running game." And I agree with his conclusion that "For as many issues as the Pats defense has had, I still see a bunch of young guys out there who could, and should, get better. The offense? It's getting worse." We're certainly not getting better, and for this late in the season, that's equivalent to getting worse.

I also thought Moss' effort on the Davis INT in the end zone was terrible.

I begrudgingly must agree with Felger....:mad:

What were the other options on that play? What happened to throwing to the TE once in a while in the EZ. Brady threw right to Moss like he had no other choice. Is that coaching, play-calling or execution? BB, Obrien or Brady.

What were the other options on that play? What happened to throwing to the TE once in a while in the EZ. Brady threw right to Moss like he had no other choice. Is that coaching, play-calling or execution? BB, Obrien or Brady.

as i saidin another thread, we used to score so many TD's with play action to fauria or Daniel graham. Right now they just try the jump ball to moss.

Looked to me like Welker was open right in front of Brady.
The defense does not get a pass for being young, at least not the pass rush. The DL are seasoned veterans.

Who really CARES what teh carpet bagger from cheese land thinks says..He loves every moment of it because the fanbase is all riled up..he will get a lot of calls and spew his garbage more and more.. There MAY be some truth to what he says.. BUT I could care less about reading anything from this smug self promoter..

Not the worst thing I've ever read, but the Moss stuff is the same stuff people have said for the past 10 years.... and guess who the most productive WR for that time has been? You think Welker is open underneath without Moss going deep?

The lack of effort on the Davis pick was simple... it was an awful throw. Just awful. Under thrown and to the inside. Moss had no chance.

What's really scary about this is that Felger is nailing a lot of points dead on, and his partner in crime is actually making sense as well.

The end of the world may, in fact, be upon us.

Last edited:

He's is just reiterating what was said here last week after the NO game and I agree with him. Its been true for a while now that its easy to pressure Brady up the middle with 3-4 man fronts. Additionally, I agree that this team is getting worse, not better, like they should as the youngsters gain experience and we get healthier. We are not missing that many guys right now, the most significant being Vollmer and Taylor, and this team has succeeded in years past with far more guys out.

A simple question might be "how did we manage to win with Troy Brown" playing DB and can't win now? And a point he left out was the 22 points Miami (sans their best player) scored could have been more. Henne made some nice plays but he also missed ridiculously wide open receivers on multiple occasions that I still can't believe he missed. The score could have been worse. More blown coverages. yikes!

Hey, even a broken clock is right twice a day :rolleyes:

not sense make this does

Oh I get it

I overthunked it

Last edited:

not sense make this does

Oh I get it

I overthunked it

Probably I should have been more specific like analog clock, with 2 hands not working anymore ... :D

Probably I should have been more specific like analog clock, with 2 hands not working anymore ... :D

yeah

that's what got me

OK, now Felger's gone on a rant against Moss that is just epic in its stupidity, so all is right in the world again.

take moss out of the field andsee how much welker works. As much as i love ww..he will be doubled and tripled without randy getting double coverage.

He said it himself. A 3 man rush is killing this offense. You can say all you want about the Brady, who apparently sucks this year according to fans. Maroney, who sucks according to everyone even though he continues to get no blocking. Now I guess Moss is in that group as well?

We can pass the blame all we want or think with common sense. When you have EIGHT guys dropped into coverage with an effective 3 man rush you can't do anything, that's pretty unstoppable for a defense. The fact is, this O line continues to let teams do it. They continue to get bullied week in and out. They were overrated in 07, and have become ****ies ever since. From Koppen, to RG and RT drastic changes have got to be made.

This Patriots team is flawed deeply when it comes to the defensive front 7 and the OL. How in the hell did we expect to win with this? We have a G in Neal, who for the five games that hes ever healthy is a good guard. He just can't stay with it anymore. You have Kazcur who is a turn style. Don't even get me started on Koppen. You know why those QB sneaks don't work anymore? Our center is soft.

There's a reason Brady is running for his life, Maroney is on/off. No player in the backfield has the protection to do so. They need to fix the OLine big time. Do this, and suddenly these players being criticized shine.

We can pass the blame all we want or think with common sense. When you have EIGHT guys dropped into coverage with an effective 3 man rush you can't do anything, that's pretty unstoppable for a defense. The fact is, this O line continues to let teams do it. They continue to get bullied week in and out. They were overrated in 07, and have become ****ies ever since. From Koppen, to RG and RT drastic changes have got to be made.

There's a reason Brady is running for his life, Maroney is on/off. No player in the backfield has the protection to do so. They need to fix the OLine big time. Do this, and suddenly these players being criticized shine.

Could not agree more. On offense there are always gonna be some bad reads, bad throws, bad breaks, etc. It's just that when given the time, Brady usually keeps these to a minimum which is what makes him great. The OL playing like a bunch of little b****es is holding the unit back big time. The only chance of success going forward is to get (from left to right) Vollmer-Mankins-Koppen-Neal-Light healthy at the same time. End of story.

Fourth and one, mano a mano:

Finally, a fourth quarter to remember for Miami Dolphins' defense - Miami Dolphins - MiamiHerald.com

Starks stood up Koppen and Logan Mankins, then dumped Koppen into Sammy Morris' path. With Soliai also down there, that made two huge bodies in front of Morris and forced Morris to slide over behind Matt Light. Meanwhile, McDaniel was in the process of bending Light back into a C-shape. Joey Porter arrived to stop Morris for no gain.

“We basically out-physicaled them on that play,'' McDaniel said. ``Their guys against our guys. We knocked their offensive line back a couple of yards and, by the time the ball got to the line of scrimmage, Joey Porter -- I think made the tackle -- it was tackling practice for him.”

Im interested in seeing how this Oline protects Brady with Neal, Light and Vollmer all on the field at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes