Welcome to PatsFans.com

Felger A Little Over the Top on Cowher?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Hoss, Feb 4, 2006.

1. Hoss

Hoss Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Interested to hear the boards take on Felger's article on Cowher. Saying Cowher has acquired a "loser's Mentality". Not sure he really makes much of a case except to reference a few quotes where the couch tries to keep things in perspective. Sure, he hasn't won the big games, but who were his QBs? Kordell, Neil O'donnell, Tommy Maddox? I wouldn't want to go into a big game with any of those three as my QB. And Cowher didn't lose that superbowl to the cowboys, can't say the Steelers were outcouched, O'Donnell just couldn't stop hitting Dallas DB's in the numbers with his passes.

Not an attempt to turn this into a Cowher love fest, but I fail to see how Cowher has acquired a loser's mentality. One of the biggest differances between Pats and Steelers in the big games has been #12 behind center.

2. SVN

SVN Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +197 / 3 / -0

yeah i heard him over the radio too last couple of days . he says he hates the steelers. i think he is going a little overboard for no reason. probably to garner attention.

3. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,158 / 5 / -19

#61 Jersey

People forget that all three of those QBs made All-Pro with the Steelers.

4. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Cowher can't coach in big games where he's favored. He makes dumb decisions in the crunch, but I think Seattle will put this away early enough where he won't have a chance to blow it.

5. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

I think it's a matter of the Steelers gettting ****y when they are favored. Remember them booking their SB reservations before the game with the Pats?
    I think the worst thing for them was to be favored versus Seattle. While I think the Steelers are a better team, my gut tells me Seattle pulls it out.
    I'm probably wrong (wouldn't be the first time) but........
    Just my $0.02,