PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Feeling like underdogs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or how the Red Sox will live down "Best Team Ever".

I still have not gotten over the above but I think the Eagles actually "marketed" Dream Team and the Sox had that Best Team Ever label attached to them by media and fans if I am not mistaken. For the record I never called the 2011 Sox Best Team Ever...just asking for trouble.

It seems that everybody, including their mother's mother, is picking the Giants. We have the best QB, and the best coach, with a 13-3 record and nobody except a few analysts and the Patriots fans is picking us. I know that the Giants are super hot entering this game with a resurgent defense and lights out passing game, but we are too. 10 straight victories. The Patriots are pretty much getting no respect and I think it's a good thing, because they won't be under a lot of pressure to play well and win, putting less of a mental burden on the players. It'll make this victory super sweet knowing that Eli was gonna beat us again.

If the Patriots win the Super Bowl, the victory will be arguably the sweetest in Patriots history, avenging our Super Bowl loss and our only home loss this season. What do you guys think about the Patriots being put into this so-called underdog role?

if it weren't for new threads like this every day on here I would have no idea who anyone was picking.

who cares?

if it weren't for new threads like this every day on here I would have no idea who anyone was picking.

who cares?

I only care in two ways:

• Was it too much to ask to have some *enjoyable*, evenhanded pre-game coverage to stave off my football pangs?
  • When the Pats win :D,I'll enjoy seeing all the hypocrite mediots acting as if they never made a peep, as another poster pointed out elsewhere.

Last edited:
I don't take it as some personal affront when some random guy I never heard of picks the other team.

you might not want to believe it, but the giants aren't horrible, and actually DID already beat us this year.

I don't take it as some personal affront when some random guy I never heard of picks the other team.

you might not want to believe it, but the giants aren't horrible, and actually DID already beat us this year.

You're missing my first point. Let 'em pick whomever they wish, but the wall to wall Giants love gets stale quickly. For example, the E in ESPN did mean 'entertainment' at one time, right? :D So, entertain me already - I want to hear about something other than how fearsome the Giants D is, or what prayer the Pats O will have if Gronk is ineffective, etc.

If some former player is being interviewed or some such, I'll watch, but when the 'analysis' starts I'm gone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing