PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Feel Really Bad for Tony Dungy

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhamz

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I never would have guessed that before a few weeks ago. Obviously today's game was minor compared to what he and his family continue to go through.

The scene of the guy who is by all accounts as respected as any coach in the NFL standing there humiliated as his star player shows him who is boss in front of the entire country by ordering the punt team off the field was downright ugly.

The fact that it worked and it was the call I'd have wanted from the coach of my team in that spot isn't relevant. It should be Dungy's call and his alone. It should be his team. It is pretty obvious it isn't.

Last edited:
I feel sorry for the guy in ONE sense and ONE sense only, that he tragically lost an 18 year old. That much, I have plenty sympathy for the guy. It is a shame when a parent has to bury a child, especially when the death occurs in such a manner as that.

That having been said, I have NO sympathy for his loss today, his team's choke job and the fool he looks like on national TV. No coach should EVER allow ANY player tell him what to do, and put him in that position. He allowed himself to be put in that spot.

EZ76

dhamz said:
I never would have guessed that before a few weeks ago. Obviously today's game was minor compared to what he and his family continue to go through.

The scene of the guy who is by all accounts as respected as any coach in the NFL standing there humiliated as his star player shows him who is boss in front of the entire country by ordering the punt team off the field was downright ugly.

The fact that it worked and it was the call I'd have wanted from the coach of my team in that spot isn't relevant. It should be Dungy's call and his alone. It should be his team. It is pretty obvious it isn't.

A coach loses along with his team whether this play worked or not. It is one person's fault and problem that a player makes that call -- Dungy. He is the coach. He gets paid to be the coach. Never feel bad for him not stepping up and being the coach. Dungy is a great man and a great coach, but you don't see TB telling BB what to do because BB is the coach. Dungy is to blame for not making his call.

BigEZPatsFan76 said:
I feel sorry for the guy in ONE sense and ONE sense only, that he tragically lost an 18 year old. That much, I have plenty sympathy for the guy. It is a shame when a parent has to bury a child, especially when the death occurs in such a manner as that.

That having been said, I have NO sympathy for his loss today, his team's choke job and the fool he looks like on national TV. No coach should EVER allow ANY player tell him what to do, and put him in that position. He allowed himself to be put in that spot.

EZ76

bingo we have bingo

I feel sorry for his personal loss. I don't feel sorry that the Colts lost. In fact, i very happy.

One has nothing to do with the other.

PATSNUTme said:
I feel sorry for his personal loss. I don't feel sorry that the Colts lost. In fact, i very happy.

One has nothing to do with the other.
Totally agree.

Don't feel bad his team lost. Never said I did.

Feel bad his star and alleged team leader embarassed him and because he knows he has no juice to overrule the 110 million dollar man in that organization he had to stand there and take it.

I don't give a crap about Dungy and I surely don't feel bad for him.

I think he quits, but does so late enough in the offseason that all the good coaches are gone, so 68 year old Tom Moore finally gets his shot at being Head Coach.

BigEZPatsFan76 said:

EZ76
You couldn't have said it better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes