Welcome to PatsFans.com

Feel-Good Story of the Day

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by wistahpatsfan, Aug 4, 2008.

1. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

2. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +552 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

We could use more stories like this everyday. Thanks Wista! Well timed and much needed.

We never really know how'd we'd react to a similar circumstance. I think I'd have no problem helping someone gather their money no matter how old they are. The issue I'm not so sure about is if I found a large sum of money, would I turn it in? Again, I think I would do that, but greed can play funny games with our minds.

I recently purchased a scratch ticket (which I don't do that often) and somehow left it on the counter of the convenience store. When I returned minutes later, it was gone. I was disappointed that someone would take it and even briefly thought about asking to review thier tapes. Then I realized I had to just let it go.

3. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +894 / 7 / -3

Everything you do comes back to you.

I hate thieves. If people only acted as they'd like to be treated, then the world would be a much better place. I once lost my wallet at Orient Heights station on my way to classes. When I got to the station on my way home, I went to the station office, and my wallet was there, but the cash inside it was gone. A couple of years later, I was in a nightclub in NYC with some buds, and we found a fat wallet with lots of cash, credit cards, and ID. Some wanted to use the loot to pay for our night out. No way that was happening. So I took the wallet, and held it, cuz I figured whoever lost it, would come back looking for it. About 20 minutes later I see this dude and a chick looking on the ground. I asked him if he lost something, he said his wallet, and I handed it to him. All the cash inside the wallet wasn't worth the excitement on that kids face when he saw I had it.

Two years later, I was working on my house. I had to pay the floor guy, so I went to the bank to withdraw some cash. I then went to Home Depot to pick up some supplies. I put my wallet on the roof of my car, opened my door, loaded up, and left, forgetting my wallet was on the roof. Doh! Needless to say about $1,300 in cash, plus plastic, was gone. I kept telling myself that "everything you do comes back to you". To have faith (can I say that word in here? :D). Low and behold, about 3 hours later, my mom calls me and asks me if I've lost something. Some old couple spotted my wallet in the parking lot, called information for my phone number, and told my mom they had my wallet. Needless to say I was a very happy camper that day.

4. Bostonian1962

Bostonian1962 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +9 / 3 / -0

I was there when this happened. You should see my new car. :)