PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Feel-good story: Herzlich made final 53 roster for Giants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patspsycho

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Per RT by Price.

RT @Patricia_Traina: Hearing from a league source that LB Mark Herzlich made the final 53-man roster.

Deep down I wanted him to get cut so that the Pats could snatch him up, but I doubt it would have played out that way. So I'm glad he's latched on with somebody, even if it's the f'n Giants. Good for him.

Good for Mark.

Its a great lesson in perseverence through adversity.

I wish him all the best in his career and hope that Marcus Cannon can follow a similar path.

He would have been good use of a 6th or 7th round draft pick. He has good upside, probably more so than Carter or Williams. The switch to the 4-3 would have made him a better fit but maybe BB hadn't decided to switch at that time.

I was hoping we draft him or at least pick him up as an UDFA; I'm glad to see that he's on the Giants 53 though.

if so I am very happy for him; congratulations

Agree with all of the above. It's just unfortunate that the good players and the feel-good stories seem to always be eclipsed by the bad apples and lousy characters.

Best of luck to him, except when the Patriots are playing the Giants. :cool:

Herzlich made a shrewd decision in picking the Giants to sign with as UDFA. In this sense, not being drafted or locked in to a particular team as a 5th, 6th or 7th round pick is a blessing.

Just look at Lee Smith, Merkell Carter or williams, the Pats late round pick. They were all cut. Just maybe, BB wishes he had tried Herzlich instead.

Yeah, I wonder what was stopping that pick from being made. Couldn't have been the cancer stuff...I mean, hello, Cannon!

Absolutely delighted for an amazingly talented and humble young man. Good luck Mark. Apart from when you play us!

Herzlich made a shrewd decision in picking the Giants to sign with as UDFA. In this sense, not being drafted or locked in to a particular team as a 5th, 6th or 7th round pick is a blessing.

Just look at Lee Smith, Merkell Carter or williams, the Pats late round pick. They were all cut. Just maybe, BB wishes he had tried Herzlich instead.
I doubt it. Nice achievement for Herzlich given what he's had to overcome. Will be interesting to see how his career pans out.

I said it during the draft and I'll say it now, the Patriots made a mistake not drafting him when he was still on the board in the 7th round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes