PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Feds raid Vick's house again

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I agree with you on the published reports. However if Vick owns the house he is ultimately responsible. Isn't He?

In the eyes of the law, there are three types of knowledge (notice), actual knowledge, inquiry knowledge and constructive knowledge . In actual knowledge, there is direct and clear awareness of the situation. Hypothetically here if any individual went to the property and saw dog fighting going on, he or she would have actual awareness of the situation.

In inquiry knowledge, when the facts are known to an individual, if he fails to ask the questions regarding the situation, he is considered to have knowledge of all those facts that, had he inquired, he would have learned.
Again, in a hypothetical situation if a person went to a property, and saw cages of fighting dogs chained or emaciated with carcasses around and blood trails, he'd be charged (not literally charged but considered to have knowledge of the facts) to inquire about the situation or he'd be considered to have knowledge of the events going on there....
In constructive knowledge, when it is difficult to prove actual knowledge, the law presumes knowledge unless it can rebutted. This is more common in civil than criminal cases.

Disclaimer- above is not legal advice, just one man's opinion.......See your own attorney if you happen to buy property with at least 10 dead dogs buried there......

Last edited:
I wonder why there is not a statement anywhere about Vick's outrage about all of this?? If he REALLY did not know anything about it, I think OUTRAGE would be a minimum. Seems like he may have known something..did nothing OR??? He's NOT blameless in any of it. If he knew about it in any way and did nothing..that might NOT be a crime but VERY poor judgement. It will take awhile for the investigators to get to the bottom of it all...but the stink is there and will be.

the unnamed source is the same source that talked to the Falcons and NFL and said Vick will not be indicted but 3 others will to clarify where Vick stands in all of this. if NFL and a professional team talked to the "unnamed" source..its got to be credible..they wouldnt just pick a guy off the street and ask him about the situation.

how do u know that the list was even made yet? or that they didnt put any names on it? you dont.

i already mentioned the "Bad Newz" a few times. go back and reread if u please

How do you know the "unnamed source" has talked to the NFL and the Falcons...you don't...see how that works? At least I am going off a court document that LISTS NO ONE. I also work with federal prosecutors and have been involved with numerous large federal indictments so I have experience in how a federal case is made and when charges are filed (I am a local officer that has been assigned to a federal task force in the past and current friends that are currently assigned there and deal with the Feds every day) I have no knowledge of this case in particular but your denial and attempt to deflect it as a race issue along with your defense of Portis is telling. You really think Portis had a point?

As far as if thier is a list? What kind of comment is that I already told you they will NOT charge any body until ALL the evidence is in on that person and thier case is COMPLETLEY done for THAT person. When they feel they have ALL the eveidence they will aquire against a paricular person then you will see a filing on that person.

You use that fact they haven't filed as a complete lack of eveidence on Vck. I informed you that is NOT the case what so ever yet you spout off with an unnamed source that people ARE indicted when they aren't. If someone is indicted next week it doesn't mean that someone isn't going to be indicted the week after that and the week after that. Proclaiming that the Feds have NO case whatso ever against Vick is niave and I have explained it to you yet you don't see how despreate your "arguments" are. You threw the race card out yet it has nothing to do with the FACTS out there as an attempt to deflect. You go and label people in this forum with a blanket and all but call everyone racist when probably more than 75% of the people here have never lived in the city of Boston. I also am pretty sure none of us played for the Red Sox so I don't think we are responsible for Yawkey's actions either. Do you even realize how foolish this statement was?

As far as Bad Newz Kennels I see you referred that the indictment only lists it not Vick Kennels...so where have you addressed that VIck himself listed "Bad NEwz, VA as his hometown? You don't think that it quite a coienicdence? (you never addressed that point why don't you?)

So if I get what you are saying is that until Vick is FOUND GUILTY in a court of law we can't look at what we know and have heard and make comments on the case? So by the same token we cannot discuss a football game before hand because it hasn't been played yet. We can't discuss the common sense applications of known facts such as a WR and CB match ups (or 60 fighting dogs on Vicks property and the $$ it would take to run such an enterprise and his unemployed cousin is the one "financing" it??? Or the witnesses reporting Vick being at the dog fights or being seen buying excessive (for more than just a dog or two) amounts of dog food at a local store and neighbors seeing Vick at the property many times after saying he never was there at all).

Lets have Ian shut the site down since we cannot discuss anything until it is over accorrding to the argument you are making. Don't you see the parrallel?

How do you know the "unnamed source" has talked to the NFL and the Falcons...you don't...see how that works? ?

Falcons quarterback Michael Vick is unlikely to be indicted in the federal dog fighting investigation, according to information gathered by the NFL and Atlanta Falcons

so info was gathered by NFL and Falcons who told them.

nuff said.

nuff said.

"nuff said"?? Your kidding right?

Want toput the complete quote in there or continue with the charade?

"Additionally, Vick is unlikely to be indicted in the dogfighting federal investigation, according to information gathered by the NFL and Atlanta Falcons, sources tell ESPN's Chris Mortensen. The authorities have told the Falcons and league that there has not been any evidence that can be tied to Vick with the alleged dogfighting ring, the sources said. "

So the "sources" claim that the Feds are talking to the NFL and Falcons but not to the local DA right? Yeah the Feds are always soooo open to sharing information to outside parties that could jepardize thier case.

This is not a statement from the Falcons or the NFL as you try and portray it, it is a RUMOR told to a reporter. Just FYI the Feds don't share this type of info even to the NFL. They will not keep the NFL up to date with thier investigation and all thier eveidence as that would be held AGAINST them in court so this isn't even a RUMOR.

Or are you saying that the NFL and the Falcons are running the Feds investigation? Are they the ones that will be returning indictments and deciding who to charge? You make no sense.

"Sources" huh? WOW yeah "nuff said" is right, unfortunately your on the wrong side of that comment.

Why do you cherry pick what you respond to?

Last edited:

nuff said.

and we know that when league and team officials tell Mort something, it's gospel.. Let's spin the way back machine for another instance of " Mort tell us what league and team officials assure you now".........

The Texans will select USC running back Reggie Bush with the No. 1 pick in this April's NFL draft, team and league sources told Chris Mortensen," ESPN.com declared in January 2006. The next day, Mortensen added that "no matter what anyone says," Houston was "certain" to draft Bush.

http://216.239.51.104/search?q=cach...is+Mortensen"+wrong&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=33&gl=us
-------------------------------------

Silly me, I thought Reggie was playing in N'Awlins this past year.......

and we know that when league and team officials tell Mort something, it's gospel.. Let's spin the way back machine for another instance of " Mort tell us what league and team officials assure you now".........

The Texans will select USC running back Reggie Bush with the No. 1 pick in this April's NFL draft, team and league sources told Chris Mortensen," ESPN.com declared in January 2006. The next day, Mortensen added that "no matter what anyone says," Houston was "certain" to draft Bush.

http://216.239.51.104/search?q=cach...is+Mortensen"+wrong&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=33&gl=us
-------------------------------------

Silly me, I thought Reggie was playing in N'Awlins this past year.......

maybe they were leaning on that..
1 factor that came in was Reggie's asking $ compared to Williams.

maybe they were leaning on that..
1 factor that came in was Reggie's asking $ compared to Williams.

You missed the point and can't have it both ways. First Mort said that according to his sources that Vick won't be indicted and you ran with it, accepting it as the absolute truth because Mort said it. I presented you with a very similar situation when Mort said that according to "team and league officials" the same type of sources as here, another event was a certainty and it turned out not to be true. Do you see my point?
Why don't we just agree to disagree and accept the fact that none of us know how this will play out and to say with certainty that either he will or won't be indicted is......talking out of his .......hat, yuh hat...

so people are actually being indicted

Vick is not.
theres not enough or simply NO evidence of Vick being involved. Maybe he knew about it but never took part in any event. Maybe it is just a coincidence .

let the police handle it. if Vick gets in trouble from it..i too will badmouth Vick. Is there anything as of today? NOPE. so lets leave it @ that

This thread and the others with similar content demonstrate the inherent problems of a jury system which picks its members from the general public. You are bound to get people who demonstrate the stupidity, illogic and bias of the majority of posters on this thread. We actually know very little of the "evidence" involved in this investigation as reports are based not on "evidence" that has been presented in a legal forum and tested by cross examination but rather from whatever information a journalist happens to present. This is not meant as an assertion that the reports are incorrect but only that the information in those reports have not been independently established as fact (e.g. the dead dogs were "shot....".).

The only FACT established in this case is that Vick owns (owned) the property under investigation for dogfighting. After this sole fact, there are a set of claims that have varying degrees of legitimacy. The evidence used to substantiate the authorities' claims of dogfighting may or may not hold up under cross examination (by an attorney/other experts). However, the most important fact necessary for Vick to be "morally culpable" and perhaps legally culpable, so far consists of "neighbours' claims to local press"? Yet, it is on the basis of this most flimsy of claims that the posters on this board are ready to convict Vick and suspend him from the NFL. :rolleyes: Again..makes you shudder to think that people like these are jury members deciding the fates of others. Also explains why so many innocent people are convicted.

I'll ask the Vick haters to answer the following questions

1. What's the applicable Virginia/federal law concerning a property owner's legal responsibility for crimes committed on his property? I find it difficult to believe that mere ownership confers criminal responsibility for the crimes of another party but perhaps the Vick haters are correct.

2. Show where it has been established that Vick paid frequent visits to that property and that the physical aspects of the dogfighting operation were plainly visible to a casual visitor.

It's possible that Vick is guilty but the reaction on this board has no rational basis in the current established facts.

Lastly, while I don't think race is a significant influence on the Federal investigation, it is obviously a signficant factor in the opinions being expressed on this board. That, as well as a dislike for Vick's popularity that was present on this board long before this case. I also suspect that this racism is in part due to the make-up of this board, both in terms of geography and the type of people. I visit other sportsboards and have not found on them this type of vicious obsession towards Vick. To the silly person claiming that "he's not a racist because Pedro is his favourite athlete", here's a tip. The vast majority of people who buy the jerseys of black athletes are not black but the vast majority of those buyers would have a fit if a close family member entered into an intimate relationship with a black person. One doesn't have to "hate blacks" to be a racist.

This thread and the others with similar content demonstrate the inherent problems of a jury system which picks its members from the general public. You are bound to get people who demonstrate the stupidity, illogic and bias of the majority of posters on this thread. We actually know very little of the "evidence" involved in this investigation as reports are based not on "evidence" that has been presented in a legal forum and tested by cross examination but rather from whatever information a journalist happens to present. This is not meant as an assertion that the reports are incorrect but only that the information in those reports have not been independently established as fact (e.g. the dead dogs were "shot....".).

The only FACT established in this case is that Vick owns (owned) the property under investigation for dogfighting. After this sole fact, there are a set of claims that have varying degrees of legitimacy. The evidence used to substantiate the authorities' claims of dogfighting may or may not hold up under cross examination (by an attorney/other experts). However, the most important fact necessary for Vick to be "morally culpable" and perhaps legally culpable, so far consists of "neighbours' claims to local press"? Yet, it is on the basis of this most flimsy of claims that the posters on this board are ready to convict Vick and suspend him from the NFL. :rolleyes: Again..makes you shudder to think that people like these are jury members deciding the fates of others. Also explains why so many innocent people are convicted.

1. What's the applicable Virginia/federal law concerning a property owner's legal responsibility for crimes committed on his property? I find it difficult to believe that mere ownership confers criminal responsibility for the crimes of another party but perhaps the Vick haters are correct.

2. Show where it has been established that Vick paid frequent visits to that property and that the physical aspects of the dogfighting operation were plainly visible to a casual visitor.

It's possible that Vick is guilty but the reaction on this board has no rational basis in the current established facts..
Firstly...you are asking legal questions here..and frankly I really do not care about the technicalities of that..he may be guilty he may not..THAT is a whole OTHER discussion which the courts will sort out. I do not rest my opinion on whether he is guilty OR not. That is all legal. More facts will I am sure come out over time...but that is NOT what I am concerned with. However you look at the situation, his house was used for very cruel and abusive acts on dogs. That is totally dispicable and inhumane. THAT is a fact..and there is NO getting around that.
Where is Mr Vick's outrage about that?? I have yet to hear anything from him about that?? All I have heard was that he didn't know anything and other CYA statements. There is NO outrage about it at all. I think that speaks volumes for what Mr Vick is about. If he WAS involved in anyway, it's obvious
what he is, but if he did not know, that is just as bad. If you owned a house and found out about dogs being abused there would you be upset and outraged and do all in your power to help the police find and convict the ones responsible?? I know I would CERTAINLY do that and 99% of the people in this country would. Vick has done nada in this situation so that even IF he did not know, his actions show what he is all about. At the mimimum, best case for him, when he found out, he wished to cover the whole thing up and deny the facts. Whether he is covering up for the criminals who did this OR was part of it, either is quite bad and totally poor. He might NOT be convicted, but that doesn't lessen what fans think of him OR where he stands moral scale.
Lastly, while I don't think race is a significant influence on the Federal investigation, it is obviously a signficant factor in the opinions being expressed on this board. That, as well as a dislike for Vick's popularity that was present on this board long before this case. I also suspect that this racism is in part due to the make-up of this board, both in terms of geography and the type of people. I visit other sportsboards and have not found on them this type of vicious obsession towards Vick. To the silly person claiming that "he's not a racist because Pedro is his favourite athlete", here's a tip. The vast majority of people who buy the jerseys of black athletes are not black but the vast majority of those buyers would have a fit if a close family member entered into an intimate relationship with a black person. One doesn't have to "hate blacks" to be a racist.
If you are going to play the "race card"..you need facts and you have presented NONE to back up your assertion. It appears more like excuses and drivel and the typical shallowness of many. It may just be that many on this board hate those associated with cruel treatment to animals.

It's possible that Vick is guilty but the reaction on this board has no rational basis in the current established facts.

Keep it in the political forum.

One doesn't have to "hate blacks" to be a racist.

But one does have to be white to be a racist, correct?

Please take your divisive, envy-based, socialist garbage to the political forum, thank you.

But one does have to be white to be a racist, correct?

Please take your divisive, envy-based, socialist garbage to the political forum, thank you.
I wouldn't call it socialist at all...but if he does have some examples of racism in the forum...I would like to see them. From his very general and shallow charges, I think it would be easy to find a few given how widespread he says it is.

I wouldn't call it socialist at all...but if he does have some examples of racism in the forum...I would like to see them. From his very general and shallow charges, I think it would be easy to find a few given how widespread he says it is.
With all due respect, that would still be fodder for the political forum. If that's the road you guys want this thread to take, cool... but it'll get moved to the war zone known as the Political forum. :)

I agree that we should cool the racism talk and focus on Vick.

As for the "other fans aren't hating" claim, here's a collection of threads from other message boards, one each for the other AFC East teams.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...q=vick+dog+site:www.finheaven.com&btnG=Search
I especially like the one titled "Michael Vick is a piece of crap."

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...vick+dog+site:www.stadiumwall.com&btnG=Search
This one has a thread titled "M Vick is a lowlife."

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...vick+dog+site:www.jetsinsider.net&btnG=Search

With all due respect, that would still be fodder for the political forum. If that's the road you guys want this thread to take, cool... but it'll get moved to the war zone known as the Political forum. :)

T-shirt...if this gets too political...feel free to move...but when someone generalizes and makes charges of racism against the board, I take that seriously and want REAL information proving it. So if that is the road..feel free to. I'd rather discuss the overall implications of it rather than the legality an dall it's many roads.

we still dont know if it's Vick's

for all we know there might be some around your house, buried. forgotten.

and about Boston..i love it as a city. just putting out what media had out. didnt just make it up.

Remix -
There were FRESH carcasses found. Ones that were buried only DAYS before the the search warrant was issued and only days before Vick sold the house. The forensic evidence about the dog-fighting is nearly incontrovertible.

By reports, Vick has already lied about his frequency of visits to the area when he claimed to have been there only once or twice. When this first broke, there was a poster who lives in that area who said they saw Vick numerous times in that area.

Since then, the local cops, who the local DA ignored, have come out and said they have enough evidence to put VICK away. Not put Vick's brother away. Not put Vick's cousin. BUT VICK HIMSELF. The DA was the one dragging his feet. And its why the Feds FINALLY stepped in.

If no charges are filed against Vick, fine. Until then, I do believe he's guilty and I believe that he's a friggin liar who uses the race card for his own benefit, ala Jesse Jackson.

if Feds need the explaining..they'll take care of that. who are we to judge Vick based on something we dont know full detail about?

why wasnt he indicted?
Because NO ONE has been indicted yet.

and him being responsible for his home...its not really "his house" i mean he did pay for it while his friends/relatives lived there but so far its believed or told that Vick hasnt visited the house a lot of times

Actually, It was Vick's word that he only visited there once or twice. However, the reports have already come out that its BS and he was lying and that he's been there dozens of times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back