PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Feds raid Vick's house again

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Mike Vick actually got indicted and went to jail for anything, I'd be pretty angry. Not because I don't think dogfighting is cruel or animals shouldn't be treated fairly, but mainly because the "purrsident" just commuted the sentence for another guy who did something way, way worse.

I beileve the lawyer at PFT puts today's apparently conflicting reports in perspective:

ESPN PLAYING BOTH SIDES OF VICK FENCE

In May, ESPN reported that Falcons quarterback Mike Vick is a heavyweight in the dog fighting world.

Now, on the same day that the federal agents returned to Vick's Surry County, Virginia property for the first time in more than four weeks to search for "more" animal remains, ESPN is reporting that Vick is unlikely to be indicted.

So, basically, the net result of ESPN's reporting is that Vick is a dog fighter, and that he will get away with his crimes.

Frankly, we don't buy it. We've inspected the documents obtained on Friday by the Associated Press, and they outline a dog-fighting operation so detailed and extensive that there's no way any reasonable person would believe that Vick was unaware of the venture, especially if those early reports from Virginia television stations regarding the frequency of his visits to the property are remotely accurate.

In support of its latest premise, ESPN's report seems to emphasize the notion that Vick isn't named in the federal complaint aimed at securing legal possession of the dogs that were seized from the property. But no one is named in the complaint. Thus, under the same reasoning, no one will be indicted.

Also, the presence of Len Pasquarelli's name in the report makes it automatically suspect, in our opinion. Pasquarelli has been the most ardent Vick apologist since news of the apparent dog-fighting operation first broke, due in large part (we believe) to Pasquarelli's friendship with Vick's agent, Joel Segal.

For the past two months, Pasquarelli has been urging folks not to jump to conclusions prematurely. So why should anyone conclude at this point that the guy who owned the property that hosted the dog fights won't be held legally responsible?

ESPN reports that at least three people are expected to be indicted. But that could merely be the first wave of the indictments. Doesn't anyone think that the folks who are charged will receive offers of leniency or immunity in exchange for giving up others who might have been involved?

And why would the feds tell the Falcons, the league, or anyone else that Vick likely won't be indicted? If that aspect of the report is true, maybe the feds are hoping that Vick will let his guard down a bit, perhaps by not focusing his efforts on ensuring that the guys who get indicted won't snitch.

The bottom line is that it's still far too early to conclude that Vick will be, or won't be, charged with a crime. And we still think that the feds got involved in this matter in order to send the strongest possible message to the rest of us regarding the connection between crime and the consequences thereof. The only way to do that is to fully and completely explore whether charges can be pursued against Vick. The only way to know that is to round up the suspects, put their nuts in a vise, and hope that someone will tell the truth about Vick's knowledge of (if any) and involvement in (if any) the dog-fighting operation that was housed on the property he owned.

But, hey, if Vick is never indicted, we will remind everyone that ESPN's report was spot on. The flip side of this coin, however, is that if/when Vick gets charged, we'll likely revisit the subject.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

If Mike Vick actually got indicted and went to jail for anything, I'd be pretty angry. Not because I don't think dogfighting is cruel or animals shouldn't be treated fairly, but mainly because the "purrsident" just commuted the sentence for another guy who did something way, way worse.

I think you're posting your thoughts in the wrong forum. Political forum is two doors over to the left, or right depending on your POV. But for the record, two wrongs don't make a right.

If you listen to him and that Asst. DA Poindexter, yes, it is because Vick is black. Of course, rumors have it that, because Vick was black, Poindexter has given Miachel and Marcus Vick tremendous amounts of favorable treatment over the years...

im talking strictly about this board. every other board i've seen has people saying: Okay well if cops wont indicate Vick..nothing to worry about

let the feds do their work. if they feel Vick is significant in this, they'll indicate him and he'll be seeing time. if they dont(as in right now), then the situation will be over 1 day and Vick shouldnt face problems from it

The papers, filed by federal authorities, give details for the first time about what authorities contend was a long-running dogfighting venture. Vick is not named in the documents.

why would they not indicate him? They already have gone through so much so why would they let him off the hook as of right now?

innocent until proven guilty. Vick isnt in trouble as of now during the investigations so why badmouth him and wish him the worst? For all we know it could be a coincidence that he owns the property but had nothing to do with it. do you really believe the feds are dumb enough to avoid all the points against Vick? Nope. So why arent they busting VICK down and naming him.

Im not saying hes innocent. Theres a lot of investigating going on but until Vick is indicated or until hes proven guilty. Stop being immature pricks and wishing him to break his leg and get kicked out of the league for something that were not even sure he did

as far as Portis..hes right about a point. Mind your business, let the cops do what they have to do. Stop turning on him for "dog fighting" when theres no real evidence of him yet. If he is a dog fighter..what do u have to do about it? your just a fan of the game. if something is done..its done. if not, stop all the mischief towards him

Last edited:
im talking strictly about this board. every other board i've seen has people saying: Okay well if cops wont indicate Vick..nothing to worry about

let the feds do their work. if they feel Vick is significant in this, they'll indicate him and he'll be seeing time. if they dont(as in right now), then the situation will be over 1 day and Vick shouldnt face problems from it....

The term is due diligence and it is making sure that everything is in order to strengthen their case before making an arest.....

why would they not indicate him?
For the record, the correct term is indict, not indicate

innocent until proven guilty. Vick isnt in trouble as of now during the investigations so why badmouth him and wish him the worst?
http://www.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/wb/123479
Can I have what you're drinking? I'm willing to bet that for a guy who 'isn't in trouble ( see the above link) he's spent and is spending plenty on legal fees.

For all we know it could be a coincidence that he owns the property but had nothing to do with it. do you really believe the feds are dumb enough to avoid all the points against Vick? Nope. So why arent they busting VICK down and naming him.
Unlike certain district attorneys (Nifong, Poindexter for example) the feds don't try their cases in the media and let their actions speak louder than words. Before you award Mr. Vick the Man of the Year Award, you may want to see how this turns out.

Im not saying hes innocent. Theres a lot of investigating going on but until Vick is indicated or until hes proven guilty. Stop being immature pricks and wishing him to break his leg and get kicked out of the league for something that were not even sure he did...
I'll ignore the immature part and no one is wishing him to break his leg but we don't have blinders on with regard to seeing that these are serious accusations with some pretty compelling evidence, not 'crap' as you posted previously.

as far as Portis..hes right about a point. Mind your business, let the cops do what they have to do.
That's not what Portis said. He said what a guy does on his own property is his business.....

Stop turning on him for "dog fighting" when theres no real evidence of him yet. If he is a dog fighter..what do u have to do about it? your just a fan of the game. if something is done..its done. if not, stop all the mischief towards him

The fact that you put dog fighting in quotes means you don't believe it's so terrible even though it's a felony in 48. Obviously others don't share that view. As for the real evidence, short of videotape, what do you consider evidence? People are convicted on circumstantial evidence in this country every day when there are not eyewitnesses ( which there may be here)

Last edited:
i have a Portis jersey.

its staying the same. he did nothing wrong..he explained his previous interview.

i swear if this was a white guy in either case..no1 would say ****. Boston is after all 1 of the most racist cities
You bring RACE into it??? No wonder you don't think Portis did anything wrong..you're as dumb as he is...you no zip about Boston my friend....Or of me...if ANY player was making light of cruelty to animals..white black green..he's a total LOSER!! Of course afterwords he had to explain his dumb comments.. Doesn't take an interpreter to see what he said originally was pretty senseless.

I get the feeling that for Remix 6 football is all about unique talent and celebrity, which is kind of odd for a Patsfan. Better a league permeated with evil than one devoid of that which can lead to some pretty ecclectic and expensive jersy collecting and allegiances that could be devalued if all us worry warts persist in stirring up trouble. It's a pretty irrational view, but that's the only sense I can make of some of his posts. Stop dissing my superstar heroes, you're making my stomach hurt and I'm gonna call you racists to make myself feel better. :rolleyes:

You bring RACE into it??? No wonder you don't think Portis did anything wrong..you're as dumb as he is...you no zip about Boston my friend....Or of me...if ANY player was making light of cruelty to animals..white black green..he's a total LOSER!! Of course afterwords he had to explain his dumb comments.. Doesn't take an interpreter to see what he said originally was pretty senseless.

Boston did have a rep of racism if you've read papers..articles..magazines. im only bringing it up because how is it that every other team fans are letting it go while you guys wish nasty injuries to a guy who did nothing wrong yet?

it was the 3rd whitest city and did have racism and segregation for awhile

either some of you are prejudice and think blacks are trouble makers or you just ignore the FACTS out there.

Falcons quarterback Michael Vick is unlikely to be indicted in the federal dogfighting investigation, according to information gathered by the NFL and Atlanta Falcons, sources told ESPN's Chris Mortensen

i dont see what the big deal is right now. besides the Ron Mexico thing..hes clean. dont think Michael is like Marcus. if he was getting in trouble..i would be a hater as well. i have pets..i've had pets and i will continue to have pets. im bot defending Vick for no reason..hes innocent as of right now. face it.

Last edited:
According to this morning's Profootball talk 10 dog carcasses (sp) were found. How many chances do we give people like this. It is a privledge to play in the NFL. As far as Boston being a racist city try living down south.

Just my 2 cents.

According to this morning's Profootball talk 10 dog carcasses (sp) were found. How many chances do we give people like this. It is a privledge to play in the NFL. As far as Boston being a racist city try living down south.

Just my 2 cents.

we still dont know if it's Vick's

for all we know there might be some around your house, buried. forgotten.

and about Boston..i love it as a city. just putting out what media had out. didnt just make it up.

No I agree with you on the published reports. However if Vick owns the house he is ultimately responsible. Isn't He?

we still dont know if it's Vick's

for all we know there might be some around your house, buried. forgotten.

and about Boston..i love it as a city. just putting out what media had out. didnt just make it up.

They found 7 that were killed during April on Vick's property.

"During the execution of a federal search warrant on or about June 7,2007, investigators
uncovered the graves of seven pit bull dogs who were killed by members of "Bad Newz
Kennels" following testing sessions in April 2007."

Here is a link to the case documents about some of the stuff they have found.

Boston did have a rep of racism if you've read papers..articles..magazines. im only bringing it up because how is it that every other team fans are letting it go while you guys wish nasty injuries to a guy who did nothing wrong yet?.
Sorry but I haven't wished any nasty injuries on anyone...if people do, that is just as dumb..he hasn't been charged yet and not convicted...but whether he participated or not, viscious
and cruel things were carried out at his home. Fans quite rightly expect more from any athlete and have a right to be outraged. If he did not know what was going on, one would have expected more from him. Dog fighting is illegal, immoral and nothing at all to be proud of or condone in any way.
it was the 3rd whitest city and did have racism and segregation for awhile either some of you are prejudice and think blacks are trouble makers or you just ignore the FACTS out there.
I do not know about the 3rd whitest city..really what THAT means at all..but what happened 30 years ago was quite a stain on the city's history. Yes, what the school committee did to segregate the schools was pretty sickening and the total racism directed at the solution (busing) was even worse. There is NO doubt that 30 years ago that what went on was absoluetly and totally poor.
Racism was incredibly strong then but there were also many that fought it and opposed it.
As far as sports are concerned, the history of the Red Sox is quite poor, being the last team to bring in a black player...Pumpsie Green. Yawkey ran the team like it was a plantation; one reason I never was a Sox fan. The racism of the Sox is well known. However, the Celtics were just the opposite.
Not only did they draft the first black player in the NBA, but made Bill Russell the first black coach in ANY sport. That was some 40 years ago. The Celts were my team then and were miles ahead of all others at that time. I also remember Willie O'Ree...and hearing all kinds of epithets thrown at him. Racism existed in Boston, but it is not at all the same as it was 30 years ago.
i dont see what the big deal is right now. besides the Ron Mexico thing..hes clean. dont think Michael is like Marcus. if he was getting in trouble..i would be a hater as well. i have pets..i've had pets and i will continue to have pets. im bot defending Vick for no reason..hes innocent as of right now. face it.
Legally he's innocent until proven guilty...but as I said above..he has a lot of explaining to do. Where is the morality..the responsibility?? That is where he is culpable.

Last edited:
if Feds need the explaining..they'll take care of that. who are we to judge Vick based on something we dont know full detail about?

why wasnt he indicted?

and him being responsible for his home...its not really "his house" i mean he did pay for it while his friends/relatives lived there but so far its believed or told that Vick hasnt visited the house a lot of times

if i became a pro and bought my parents or someone a home(common), if theres child abuse or any incident..im responsible?

Actually that property was the site of "VICKS' KENNELS LLC" and those 55 pit bulls and 11 Beagles also belonged to "VICKS' KENNELS LLC".

I suppose it's possible that Vick had nothing to do with hosting dog fights and the dead dogs at "VICKS' KENNELS", it just seems unlikely. I'm just sayin'....

Actually that property was the site of "VICKS' KENNELS LLC" and those 55 pit bulls and 11 Beagles also belonged to "VICKS' KENNELS LLC".

I suppose it's possible that Vick had nothing to do with hosting dog fights and the dead dogs at "VICKS' KENNELS", it just seems unlikely. I'm just sayin'....

where did u read Vick's Kennels?

i only read BadNewz Kennels

if Feds need the explaining..they'll take care of that. who are we to judge Vick based on something we dont know full detail about?

why wasnt he indicted?

and him being responsible for his home...its not really "his house" i mean he did pay for it while his friends/relatives lived there but so far its believed or told that Vick hasnt visited the house a lot of times

if i became a pro and bought my parents or someone a home(common), if theres child abuse or any incident..im responsible?

Wow you are in denial. You have even resorted to the "race card" to defend Vick. (of course you were only pointing out what is said about Boston in the media right?)

NO ONE HAS BEEN INDICTED YET. The filing was only done to take custody of the 53 pitbulls taken from the property. It lists "Bad Newz Kennels" on the indictment and NAMES NO ONE YET. By the way on Vicks web site he had listed as his home town of Newport News, VA as "Bad Newz, VA" wow another coiencidence!! How shocking!

From the article on the indictment..

"The federal document that describes Bad Newz Kennels was filed in court this week so federal authorities could take custody of the 53 pit bulls seized from the Moonlight Road property by local authorities in late April. The dogs were taken to various animal shelters in the region.

James Knorr, a special agent with the U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Inspector General, signed a document vouching for the veracity of the information in the complaint.

The six-page complaint says Bad Newz Kennels was made up of “a number of individuals connected to and operating a dogfighting venture at 1915 Moonlight Road ” but does not give any names. "

http://content.hamptonroads.com/story.cfm?story=128038&ran=14921&tref=de

Wow you are in denial. You have even resorted to the "race card" to defend Vick. (of course you were only pointing out what is said about Boston in the media right?)

NO ONE HAS BEEN INDICTED YET. The filing was only done to take custody of the 53 pitbulls taken from the property. It lists "Bad Newz Kennels" on the indictment and NAMES NO ONE YET. By the way on Vicks web site he had listed as his home town of Newport News, VA as "Bad Newz, VA" wow another coiencidence!! How shocking!

From the article on the indictment..

"The federal document that describes Bad Newz Kennels was filed in court this week so federal authorities could take custody of the 53 pit bulls seized from the Moonlight Road property by local authorities in late April. The dogs were taken to various animal shelters in the region.

James Knorr, a special agent with the U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Inspector General, signed a document vouching for the veracity of the information in the complaint.

The six-page complaint says Bad Newz Kennels was made up of “a number of individuals connected to and operating a dogfighting venture at 1915 Moonlight Road ” but does not give any names. "

http://content.hamptonroads.com/story.cfm?story=128038&ran=14921&tref=de

The law enforcement authorities have privately told league and team officials that at least three people are expected to be indicted but the identities of those individuals were unknown.

so people are actually being indicted

Vick is not.
theres not enough or simply NO evidence of Vick being involved. Maybe he knew about it but never took part in any event. Maybe it is just a coincidence .

let the police handle it. if Vick gets in trouble from it..i too will badmouth Vick. Is there anything as of today? NOPE. so lets leave it @ that

so people are actually being indicted

Vick is not.
theres not enough or simply NO evidence of Vick being involved. Maybe he knew about it but never took part in any event. Maybe it is just a coincidence .

let the police handle it. if Vick gets in trouble from it..i too will badmouth Vick. Is there anything as of today? NOPE. so lets leave it @ that

Oh I see so to you a unnamed source talking to ESPN is good enough for you to spin into your defense but the ACTUAL filing that LIST NO ONE, isn't? NO ONE was listed at ALL PERIOD. IT is a filing for seizure of the animals found on the property ONLY. How have you turned it into a proclimation of lack of evidence against Vick. You will not know about Vick's "charges" or not until the day they decide to file against him. They might file against 17 other people before they file on him or he might be 1st, 2nd or 34th who knows. With the feds they do not file until they have ALL the evidence they need and are done collecting it. They are not even close to done yet and the higher up the food chain they go the later the filing of charges will be so the longer Vick remains uncharged WHEN they start charging people is NOT a good thing for him as it would indicate an "organizer" status rather than a "participant" status.

What about his web site I notice you ignored that, is that convienient or what that he lists the same name of the kennels listed on HIS web site???

Denile is not just the name of a river in Egypt....

Oh I see so to you a unnamed source talking to ESPN is good enough for you to spin into your defense but the ACTUAL filing that LIST NO ONE, isn't? NO ONE was listed at ALL PERIOD. IT is a filing for seizure of the animals found on the property ONLY. How have you turned it into a proclimation of lack of evidence against Vick. You will not know about Vick's "charges" or not until the day they decide to file against him. They might file against 17 other people before they file on him or he might be 1st, 2nd or 34th who knows. With the feds they do not file until they have ALL the evidence they need and are done collecting it. They are not even close to done yet and the higher up the food chain they go the later the filing of charges will be so the longer Vick remains uncharged WHEN they start charging people is NOT a good thing for him as it would indicate an "organizer" status rather than a "participant" status.

What about his web site I notice you ignored that, is that convienient or what that he lists the same name of the kennels listed on HIS web site???

Denile is not just the name of a river in Egypt....

the unnamed source is the same source that talked to the Falcons and NFL and said Vick will not be indicted but 3 others will to clarify where Vick stands in all of this. if NFL and a professional team talked to the "unnamed" source..its got to be credible..they wouldnt just pick a guy off the street and ask him about the situation.

how do u know that the list was even made yet? or that they didnt put any names on it? you dont.

i already mentioned the "Bad Newz" a few times. go back and reread if u please

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back