PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fedor signs with Strikeforce.

STFarmy

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Good one Fedor. I know Fedor is amazing and a spectacular fighter, but is it really out of his sphere of influence to make his horrible M-1 Global manager Finkelchtein stop asking for such ridiculous deals from the UFC? White relented on letting Fedor still sambo when he wanted, was willing to let him wear M-1 Global stuff as much as he wanted when fighting, and would given him an instant title shot and MILLIONS of dollars. Fedor hasn't really fought any major players in a few years now. One has to wonder why this didn't happen. I also have to wonder what Strikeforce gave up to get him, as Finkelchtein was aiming to get a good portion of UFC from White apparently. This is disappointing.

Strikeforce signs top heavyweight Fedor - Yahoo! News

One man to blame in UFC-Fedor breakdown - UFC - Yahoo! Sports

I'm losing a little respect for the guy to be honest, as much as I hate Lesnar I hope he starts calling him out and goading him publicly so that Fedor will give in, come over and cave Brock's head in.

I'm losing a little respect for the guy to be honest, as much as I hate Lesnar I hope he starts calling him out and goading him publicly so that Fedor will give in, come over and cave Brock's head in.

Ditto. It's clear to me that there's some part of Fedor that doesn't want to be in the UFC. As that article points out, it's easy to blame M-1 Global, but I really think Fedor could make it happen if he wanted. Who's he going to fight in Strikeforce?

Ditto. It's clear to me that there's some part of Fedor that doesn't want to be in the UFC. As that article points out, it's easy to blame M-1 Global, but I really think Fedor could make it happen if he wanted. Who's he going to fight in Strikeforce?

The UFC needs to go viral with a campaign making it look like he's dodging the elite HWs. I can understand that he doesn't want to be "owned" by the UFC, but it seems like Dana gave him a pretty flexible and very lucrative offer this time, and it's not like he has anyone else to fight. I think it may also be his handlers more so than him too.

The UFC needs to go viral with a campaign making it look like he's dodging the elite HWs. I can understand that he doesn't want to be "owned" by the UFC, but it seems like Dana gave him a pretty flexible and very lucrative offer this time, and it's not like he has anyone else to fight. I think it may also be his handlers more so than him too.

The problem is that we the public don't really know what's true regarding Dana's offer. But unanimously I have seen that Fedor could wear all the M-1 Global stuff he wanted, could still do sambo, would make millions, and would get a title shot. And you might be right, could be Finkelchtein more than Fedor. But I would think that if he wanted it bad enough, Fink would make it happen. Supposedly, M-1 has a thing for getting other companies to do a lot of their promotion for them, so maybe that's where Dana drew the line.

I guess I'm just disappointed :( I like your viral marketing campaign idea though, good thinking. You should ask for a consulting fee from Dana.

The problem is that we the public don't really know what's true regarding Dana's offer. But unanimously I have seen that Fedor could wear all the M-1 Global stuff he wanted, could still do sambo, would make millions, and would get a title shot. And you might be right, could be Finkelchtein more than Fedor. But I would think that if he wanted it bad enough, Fink would make it happen. Supposedly, M-1 has a thing for getting other companies to do a lot of their promotion for them, so maybe that's where Dana drew the line.

I guess I'm just disappointed :( I like your viral marketing campaign idea though, good thinking. You should ask for a consulting fee from Dana.

I'll be happy to charge Dana a few thousand to let everyone know I think Fedor is dodging:D

As snakey as Dana can be I doubt that what he claims he offered is a complete lie, I think Fedor even said he would have signed it if they had offered it to him back in the day and as far as I know he hasn't denied any of the offers Dana has made. He did say that the UFC tried to eff him a few years ago so maybe he just has a grudge, which is understandable but he should really get over it for the sake of his legacy.

Epic failure on both sides of the table here.

Epic failure on both sides of the table here.

I think it's more from the M-1 Global camp than the UFC camp. No one really knows the full story except the two sides, but judging by what's on the internet (not reliable, I know, but it's the best source we have for something like this), Dana made A LOT of concessions to them to get him here. I"m trying not to be a UFC homer about this, but what more could he have done? Given M-1 a stake in his business (which is rumored to be what he wants)? That's idiotic, and I wouldn't want him to do that.

No insult to the people in Strikeforce, but the top fighters are in the UFC. So have fun fighting on the second tier yet again Fedor.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back