Welcome to PatsFans.com

Federal Reserve loses suit demanding transparency

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, Aug 25, 2009.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,446 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

Hmmm ... Geitner is going to be in a very foul mood.

Obama can regain his potential greatness by giving this maximum exposure ... let's hope.

Federal Reserve loses suit demanding transparency | Reuters

Last edited: Aug 25, 2009
  2. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +530 / 47 / -48

#50 Jersey

This is a good thing. What I find scary is all the banks that continue to have issues even with all the money available.

I also find it despicable that Wells Fargo has received a lion's share of the bail out money and has done the least with it to help its clients.

3. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,446 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

Bailed Out Banks Threaten Systemic Collapse If Fed Discloses Information

http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/Clearinghouse_Decl.pdf

4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +698 / 7 / -2

While they do have a little bit of a point in what they are saying, I don't think it's enough to block the people (who's money they are actually handing out, contrary to what Patters thinks) from knowing what's up. Good ruling, now lets open them books!

5. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,446 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

these guys talk about competition and yet they are all in on this clearinghouse ... do they really want us to believe they are in competition with each other?

About Board - @ The Clearing House

Last edited: Aug 28, 2009
  6. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

This is convenient. Blame the unstoppable collapse of the global economy on a court's ruling in Manhattan.

The reality? A systemic collapse is coming, with or without the vindictiveness of banks forced to show their books.

Energy IS the economy. Period.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2009
  7. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,446 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

This isn't a thread pointing blame.

It's a big story to the secrecy that is known as the fed ... that's all.
    The accompanying story of support in Congress for an overhaul of the fed is news to follow. A system of banks that profits off paper transactions. That aides s government in spending money they don't have and/or have yet to receive in taxes.

The door cracking on the secrecy is part of the yet revealed story of our paper money system being scrapped ... much more to follow. Barney Frank is supposedly on board with an overhaul - we'll see soon. That we've had this unconstitutional system for years is amazing.

http://www.financialsense.com/transcriptions/2006/1018griffin.html
    The Creature from Jekyll Island -A Second Look at the Federal Reserve

8. efin98

efin98 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It is not unconstitutional...it was created to directly administer their powers over commerce and money as allowed in Article 1, Section 8. Congress delegated the power, they in turn are using their power over the Fed to get them to do what they are supposed to do in the founding law in the first place:
    http://www.llsdc.org/attachments/files/105/FRA-LH-PL63-43.pdf

9. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +454 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

RW....do you actually think that young lady you have attached to all your posts is nice looking? Yuk!! She aint all that...or even some of that. Let's see some nice looking women for once! :D

10. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +698 / 7 / -2

Actually, I don't think she's nice looking. I think she's sultry, and a certifiable zoccola of the highest grade. Everytime I see her, she makes me wish I were a 5 year old boy, in a UN controlled education system, if you know what I mean. ;)

11. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,446 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

The Constituion viewed money as gold and silver - not paper. The Fed is all about paper transactions and transactions where there is no physical money to back anything up. The Coinage Act of 1792 was the implementation of Article 1, section 8. Only Congress can Constitutionally coin money and the Fed isn't Congress.

The Fed is not Federal and they do not have the reserves at all to back up the system ... they do not have gold and silver backing up the supply. They were given the authority by Congress to print paper money and as our problems have recently shown - to create electronic money that does not really exist ... it's a house of cards and unconstitutional.

12. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,446 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

I would also like to add to this thread that Congress shirked their responibilities when they created the Fed. We have run ever increasing deficits as time has gone on as the Fed creates electronic money.

Now - we are led to believe that a Congress that does not want to control money as they were supposed to do according to our Constitution is now going to run healthcare.

They can't or won't control money but they can and will control our healthcare ... nice.

So ... we're always printing money and it flows out of the country. If it ever came back in droves inflation would be similar to that experienced in Germany years ago. Is Congress going to print more money to effectively manage the healthcare system - you bet they will and Obama knows it. We cannot implement any program that relies on the printing of money without reserves (electronic money).

13. efin98

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The coinage act was one implementation of the Article 1, Section 8. The Federal Reserve Act was another implementation of Article.

14. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,446 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

an "Article" is not a Constitutional Amendment - do you always feel the need to get the last word? The Fed is not Constituional - they exist and nobody is going to do anything about it - maybe - we'll see.

Okay ... I give up - you can now have the last word about the Unconstitutional Fed. ;)

15. efin98

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Do you even know what the hell you are talking about here? I was talking about an Article of the US Constitution, you know part of the original 1787 Constitution not one of the 27 additions that do not change the Article in any form that diminishes the part of the Article that deals with the powers to create the federal corporation :rolleyes:

It's unconstitutional because you say it is...while at any point in the last 95 years since the enacting of the Federal Reserve Act the US Supreme Court could have shot down the right for it to exist as unconstitutional

Never mind that...you say it is unconstitutional therefor it must be :rolleyes:

Somehow I doubt it will be the last word from you.

16. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,446 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

The US Supreme Court ruled the Congress cannot constitutionally give its power to another group or body in 1935.

17. efin98

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Calling your bluff...link please.

Scecter Poultry Group v. United State case that shot down the National Recovery Act the one you are talking about?

18. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,446 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

19. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,446 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

20. efin98

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You didn't support your claim, instead you posted an opinion editorial from 13 years ago and another that is jumbled and not providing hard facts just more opinions.

Once again I am calling your bluff: what case are you claiming the Supreme Court declared Congress used powers and actions that were unconstitutional in 1935?

And I am also demanding proof that that ruling invalidates the Federal Reserve's right to exist as being unconstitutional.

No more opinion pieces, no more claims for learned people- actual substance.