Welcome to PatsFans.com

Federal Judge forces Gov Patrick to comply with Immigration Laws!!!

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatriotsReign, Jun 7, 2011.

1. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +149 / 1 / -9

Why on earth would any govenor NOT want to comply with our LAWS??? That's the big question here, isn't it?

"The US government will force the state of Massachusetts to join a controversial federal program to detect and deport illegal immigrants, despite Governor Deval Patrick’s refusal to endorse it, a senior Homeland Security official said yesterday."

As a citizen of Massachusetts, I'm very grateful Gov Patrick doesn't get the last word. Hell, if he did, Massachusetts may have become a Sanctuary State....yuk!!

US overrules Patrick on immigration - The Boston Globe
  2. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +108 / 7 / -10

The enforcement will be half hearted at best IMO. Some view illegal aliens as a source of votes....
  3. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

The stance of some on this issue absolutely amazes me. Deport people who shouldn't be here. It's not complicated.
  4. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +108 / 7 / -10

As we see many don't even want to deport convicted illegal aliens from the jails so we get to pay for them inprisions and they are released rather than deported to commit more crimes.

Totally insane.
  5. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +145 / 2 / -1

Do you want them deported while serving their sentences, or only upon completing their sentences?
  6. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +108 / 7 / -10

As soon as arrested they should be sent home. If course anyone who is currently in prision who is here illegally in the first should be deoported right away.

I also think any employer who didn't foolow the proper steps to confirm their citizenship should be fined and I agree with the court ruling upholding the law in Hazelton fining landlords who rent to illegal aliens.

BTW I am pro legal immigration.
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2011
  7. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

...or cheap labor.:cool:
  8. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

OOPS! I guess this turns the states rights debate all upside down and backwards for libs and cons:singing:
  9. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Deported after serving sentence.

None of this matters, though, does it? Neither the government nor it's Owners want to stop the tide of illegal immigrant workers. They serve two purposes: Lower wages that drive down wages in general for native Americans and a distraction while our nation's wealth and resources are looted by the Owners via Wall Street "free markets". Jokes on us.
  10. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

It's anything but uncomplicated.
  11. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I like this thought process...good point(s)!
  12. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +108 / 7 / -10

See post #6 :)
  13. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

The Owners are the larger employers. There's a reason these laws aren't being enforced.

See post #9
  14. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +145 / 2 / -1

The problem with that is that you're essentially freeing criminals who can then return.

If we're talking about minor crimes, I have no problem with avoiding the expense at the risk of thm possibly coming back and possibly committing crimes again, since I'd want them deported at the end of their sentence anyway.

Murder and other serious crimes? Keep them in prison. Much rather pay that expense than have them come back and commit their crimes again.
  15. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +149 / 1 / -9

Since there is no argument that the United State of America is for Americans only, why not get rid of them BEFORE they commit crimes?

Round em up and kick em out...pretty simple to me.
  16. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +149 / 1 / -9

It's not complicated at all if viewed by the laws of our land. We let people just walk in...let's stop this idiocy now.
  17. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +145 / 2 / -1

I don't know what "the United State of America is for Americans only" means, but "simple," sure... good luck with that plan.
  18. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +149 / 1 / -9

It means that this is our country and Mexico (or any other nation) isn't the United States. It means this country is for American citizens only. I should not have had to explain that.

Aside from corporations and politician who want to use the issue to gain votes, Americans don't want illegals here...so tell me, what's the issue?
  19. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +145 / 2 / -1

Actually, you do need to explain it still, because what you're saying is meaningless. When I take my dogs out, I'm likely to see plenty of foreign tourists. Is America for them? Plenty of immigrants come here legally but aren't citizens. Is America for them? Foreigners on various forms of visas?

And you're wrong about Americans not wanting illegals here. many want them all gone, but some of us realize the issue isn't so clear. Personally, I have no problem with a guy wo's lived here 15 years, has a family and is law abiding other than his immigration status. I don't see a need to split up his family, send them all to a country they have lived in for years, etc. if he's contributing, I say some form of amnesty, with penalties, is the best plan -- along with somehow tightening our borders to limit future illegal immigration.

(and you're also ignoring the many people who, knowingly or not, do in fact want the lower prices illegal immigrants offer them, be it directly or indirectly)

and "what's the issue?" again, I'm not sure what that means. are you referring back to your "round em up" "plan"? If so, maybe you could offer some idea of how, exactly, that would work.
  20. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +149 / 1 / -9

America is for Americans only. I'm referring to the fact that this nation is comprised of legal US citizens. Some foreigners can stay or visit, but they do via proper LEGAL procedures.

Look up "Legal vs. Illegal" and understand it...then you'll have all the answers you're looking for Chico.

Why defend people US citizens don't want here?