PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

February 5th will be the day Ocho....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pats_AZ

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Ocho Quattro, Ocho Tres, Ocho Uno and Ocho Siete Will have HUGE games! And maybe a nice play by Ocho Cinco too! Haha. Sorry couldn't resist. Lord this will be a long two weeks! :D

Muy bien Senor!

I am expecting a good game from uno dos. Ochocinco may not dress.

I say play him at WR and save Edelman for ST and D.

Actually as improbable as it may seem, maybe this WILL be the day Ocho comes out to play. Mangini made a very interesting point today on Mike and Mike. He said the Giants have given Brady trouble because they squeeze the middle and play the short routes tough and physical. However that leave the Pats outside receivers opportunities deep.

Ocho is much stronger than Branch and a more physical receiver. Maybe for this game they put him on the field to run just 3 routes. Slant - Slant and go - double move deep routes. No reading, no confusion, just those 3 routes to take advantage of the Giants defensive philosophy.

It makes sense - He doesn't replace Branch, just takes some snaps with the regular 2 WR offense.

I can see that, honestly.

I say play him at WR and save Edelman for ST and D.
actually I agree with you. Use Ocho as I stated above and as the 5th WR in spread offenses, and have Edelman concentrate exclusively as a DB for the next 2 weeks. He isn't perfect, but he does fairly well in coverage, and is one of the better tacklers among the DBs, and for this game good tackling is key.

Actually as improbable as it may seem, maybe this WILL be the day Ocho comes out to play. Mangini made a very interesting point today on Mike and Mike. He said the Giants have given Brady trouble because they squeeze the middle and play the short routes tough and physical. However that leave the Pats outside receivers opportunities deep.

Ocho is much stronger than Branch and a more physical receiver. Maybe for this game they put him on the field to run just 3 routes. Slant - Slant and go - double move deep routes. No reading, no confusion, just those 3 routes to take advantage of the Giants defensive philosophy.

It makes sense - He doesn't replace Branch, just takes some snaps with the regular 2 WR offense.

This makes sense. Cue Mo and the other Ocho haters.

Pick One:
1. His last day in a Patriot uniform?
2. The day he finally puts it together
3. Another day just like the last 17 weeks. Maybe he'll figure it out in the offseason.

Pick One:
3. Another day just like the last 17 weeks. Maybe he'll figure it out in the offseason.
I don't think 3 is an issue any longer. I think his lack of production comes in large part because whenever he is on the field he is going to be the 5th option, after Gronk, Welker, Hernandez, and Branch. How many balls does the 5th option usually get in a game. Not many. Its not like Edelman comes on the field and does any better. Not because he suck, but because he's simply the 5th option

Pick One:

4. He doesn't make the game day active roster.

Last edited:
As strange as this sounds, I think Ochocinco played his best game of the season against the Giants (even though he didn't register a catch).

I don't think 3 is an issue any longer. I think his lack of production comes in large part because whenever he is on the field he is going to be the 5th option, after Gronk, Welker, Hernandez, and Branch. How many balls does the 5th option usually get in a game. Not many. Its not like Edelman comes on the field and does any better. Not because he suck, but because he's simply the 5th option

Good call. One aspect that we fans may tend to overlook is that Ocho doesn't have big cames BECAUSE WE DON'T NEED HIM TO. We have other better options to do the heavy lifting. That was not the case with Ocho's previous teams.

In all honestly...I think Ocho could be a great weapon for the Big Game. I say have him line up...take advantage of him on a long pass play IF he is open. This should help stretch the field and keep the defense on their toes even if he doesn't get another ball the entire game. He helps open the middle of the field a bit more and if the giants still aren't too concerned with him after that then just keep feeding him the ball. I admit my football knowledge is not as strong as 99% of posters here, but as an fan and long time Pats fan this is what I can see happening. If he is seen as a deep threat that he could be in the game maybe he forces NY to make some half time adjustments and possibly even start to double him up leaving our other weapons (Wes, Gronkowski, Hernadez, BJGE and even branch) in more favorable coverage situations. My 2 pennies.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down