PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Feb. 2 Walter Football Mock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drafting a first round TE doesn't do much to improve our team. Unless the offence is changed as well. And if we change our offense to use the TE, why would we do it as Watson leaves?

So what is more valuable for our offense; a third receiver or a TE?

Why would the Jets take a DE when they have no WRs under contract right now

Last edited:
We take a TE. Ugh. Jermaine Gresham. Huge, fast kid out of Oklahoma.

WalterFootball.com: 2010 NFL Mock Draft: First Round Continued

I have trouble not shoring up the defense if it goes according to this mock, leaving Brandon Graham, Jason Odrick, or Carlos Dunlap on the board. Even with Ben Watson likely gone, we need to incorporate the talent we have at that position--I still wish we hadn't given up on Dave Thomas, who was injury plagued--and I'd rather use a not-much-later round (2nd or 3rd) for it.

But if Gresham is the next Tony Gonzalez, I'm in. I have no idea.

Do any of you?

I find this selection very possible, if not probable. Next Tony Gonzalez? No. But he could very well be the next Antonio Gates -- and that ain't bad.

^ Just because someone disagrees with our opinion, doesn't mean he doesn't have a clue. I have no problem with Gresham in the first round, because i think this offense has to change now Mcdaniels isn't here. We tried to do too many of the same things from 07 without the depth in our wrs, and without Mcdaniels who was a very good OC.

Bear in mind doing a mock for 32 teams and getting in even somewhat accurate is a impossible task after say the first 10 picks.

I'd MUCH rather have Spiller than Gresham if we are going offense in the 1st round. First of all Spiller would upgrade our run game. Second of all he would upgrade our passing game because he has excellent hands, can split out wide like a Reggie Bush or run routes out of the backfield like a Kevin Faulk. Tight end I wouldn't draft earlier than 2nd round, but I prefer to use a midround choice to get a good blocking tight end with decent hands.

I would love Gresham. Only if it meant they were going to put Brady back under center. Which would also mean they were willing to get back to using a FB and run the ball more.

I would love Gresham. Only if it meant they were going to put Brady back under center. Which would also mean they were willing to get back to using a FB and run the ball more.

and draft mark ingram in 2011;)

and draft mark ingram in 2011;)

If we're talking about adding an Alabama offensive player next year, I'd like one order of Julio Jones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back