PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

FEARLESS PREDICTION: Moss re-ups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at potential free agents after this season, at worse, wouldn't we put the tag on Randy until we reached an agreement?

Who knows what will happen but I would rather sign Moss and cut Stallworth and Washington.

Thoughts for 08, take the money allotted to Stallworth & Washington and use it for Moss. They combine for a $12M cap hit next year.

WRs for 08 - Moss, Welker, Chad Jackson
- maybe resign Gaffney add a draft pick and the group is very solid

Washington, Kelly 5,760,000 1,960,000 2,460,000 2,460,000 UFA
Stallworth, Donte' 6,373,386 4,873,386 6,373,386 6,373,386 6,373,390 UFA

I am still not sold on Moss willing to take less to stay here. I am not sold that the Pats will want to pay to keep him here after one game. I think people are making too much of one game at this point. What we saw was incredibly encouraging, but let's see Moss stay healthy and happy all season.

As for Moss being much happier here, he is now. Let's see if he is by January. He was estatic to go to Oakland too at first. Granted things will never get as remotely as bad here as they did in Oakland.

I'm not saying he won't take less to stay here and that he won't be the happiest he has been his entire career here, but people are jumping to fast conclusions based on the offseason and one regular season game. I don't think anyone has seen enough yet especially when things aren't going all Moss' way to determine how Moss or the Patriots are going to feel come February about an extension.

Hope that yesterday was the start of many great things to come for Moss and the Patriots, but it was the first game of the season. I guess I am still a wait and see type of guy and we still have a long season ahead of us and many things can change.

Looking at potential free agents after this season, at worse, wouldn't we put the tag on Randy until we reached an agreement?

You don't reward a wide receiver who took many millions less to come play for you by slapping the franchise tag on him - especially when the biggest question mark is his attitude.

You don't reward a wide receiver who took many millions less to come play for you by slapping the franchise tag on him - especially when the biggest question mark is his attitude.

Or couldn't the franchise tag be seen as the biggest compliment?

"Go ahead NFL, take all the rest of our free agents, but you can't have Randy!"

Think it's best for the team and player to see how it goes over the first half of the season. If Moss is really committed to winning and wants to prioritize winning environment over salary, then there's a way forward. Each party needs some time to be certain that this is a good match.

I am still not sold on Moss willing to take less to stay here. I am not sold that the Pats will want to pay to keep him here after one game. I think people are making too much of one game at this point. What we saw was incredibly encouraging, but let's see Moss stay healthy and happy all season.

As for Moss being much happier here, he is now. Let's see if he is by January. He was estatic to go to Oakland too at first. Granted things will never get as remotely as bad here as they did in Oakland.

I'm not saying he won't take less to stay here and that he won't be the happiest he has been his entire career here, but people are jumping to fast conclusions based on the offseason and one regular season game. I don't think anyone has seen enough yet especially when things aren't going all Moss' way to determine how Moss or the Patriots are going to feel come February about an extension.

Hope that yesterday was the start of many great things to come for Moss and the Patriots, but it was the first game of the season. I guess I am still a wait and see type of guy and we still have a long season ahead of us and many things can change.

But we can be sure Moss will be happier with the forced discipline that is required of any Patriots player to remain on this team.

He WILL be happier with the forced Humility that is required to remain on this team.

And he WILL be happier playing uner the TEAM system that is required to remain on this team.

You see, ALL these things make ANY player happier because they are more rewarding ways to live life. These things make anyone happier...yup, us too.

It's not rocket science that says Discipline, Unselfishness & Humility lead to a happy life for ALL humans...no exceptions.

So of course a guy like Moss who had NONE of these things in his life is going to be esctatic under this system. It made Rodney Harrison cry realizing these simple facts.

I commented on Moss re-upping about a month ago. Why wouldn't he. Where else is he going to go and find the happiness he has here as a football player.
He's not going to go to a bad team that offers him megabucks, been there, done that. How about a good team with a good qb? Sorry, he's got Tom. So that leaves a very good team with a very good qb, and offering a lot of $. The money is not an issue and he already has everything else.

My point EXACTLY.

I see more Ted Wahington than Corey Dillon in Randy Moss.

I see more Ted Wahington than Corey Dillon in Randy Moss.

Actually I see Moss as his own case. I think the only similiarities between Dillon and Moss are that they were two marquee names not happy in the situation they were in. Even their bad reputations were for very different reasons for the most part. Most of Dillon's bad rep was for problems in the past with the law while most of Moss' bad rep had to do with being considered selfish and lacking motivation.

That is why I am not ready to buy whether Moss will want to stay here or not. There are other places where he can play and win and get the structure and camradery. The question is whether he is willing to take less to stay here because he thinks this place is special and we haven't seen enough to know that yet.

Actually I see Moss as his own case. I think the only similiarities between Dillon and Moss are that they were two marquee names not happy in the situation they were in. Even their bad reputations were for very different reasons for the most part. Most of Dillon's bad rep was for problems in the past with the law while most of Moss' bad rep had to do with being considered selfish and lacking motivation.

That is why I am not ready to buy whether Moss will want to stay here or not. There are other places where he can play and win and get the structure and camradery. The question is whether he is willing to take less to stay here because he thinks this place is special and we haven't seen enough to know that yet.

He can be sure that regarding the Patriots organization....

Accept no substitute...cause there aint any!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back