PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fear from the opposition...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
from the Steelers board after the Colts game:

"I tried staying away from this game all week, but it just found me wherever I went. I even stayed away from ESPN (Entertainment & Sports Patriots Network) but it still didn't matter. I have to give them credit (as much as it kills me to do so). They just don't make mistakes, get injuries, get sacked much or turn the ball over very often. Such a classless organization like theirs does not deserve such greatness. One thing that I find interesting is that most of America hates their guts.
Because of the Patriots, it makes me look at the rest of our season as possibly becoming anti-climatic. Of course I want the Steelers to keep winning and getting better and I'll enjoy every chance I see them play. I'll hope like heck that they can somehow beat the Patriots. But there's that constant feeling of 'we're going to have to go straight into the buzzsaw at some point.'”

from Giants.com:

"I don't think that people really hate the Patriots. I think that it is more that the talking head jerks make us hate them, by talking about them non-stop, like they are obsessed ex-girlfriends. The Patriots are actually quite humble during post game interviews, and it dawned on me after they beat the Colts, that they themselves never say anything boastfull or disrespectfull about the team they just defeated. No matter how bad the next opponent might be, Bellichick always says that they will be tough. I think they get a bad rap more out of jelousy than anything else."

from an Eagles board:

"I also would like to express my love for the Patriots "BEAT THE S**T OUT OF YOU AND F**K THE WORLD" attitude. I'd be pissed off too if I worked as hard as they did and still got s**t for it. So I would come out every week pissed the f**k off. They are so much better than everyone in the league, they have worked hard and honestly to get to that point, and they show it by ass pounding the other team week after week. And for those who have sore a**holes, maybe you should play better. How about you STOP the Pats on fourth and one. Ever think of that?!

Theres no possible way you or anyone else can legitimately talk s**t on the Patriots. You just sound like an idiot."

and later his cohort:

"I will agree with you here. This team is so far beyond the rest of the league right now, its as if they need to move up a division. The calls for "sportsmanship" are getting a little tired, you don't want them to score 60pts on you? Stop them. The Pats put together a simply incredible collection of football players, they are going to beat the crap out of just about every team they face. They could start yanking their starters after halftime, but how is that not disrespectful? You can "go easy" on your little brother, but when you are a professional athlete playing against other professional athletes, giving less than your best simply because you don't need your best to win would be the most disrespectful thing for the Pats to do."

and a couple more from the Steelers board this past week:

"I've been trying to deny it and keep hoping Karma will catch up to them but New England has played the best 10 games of any team in history. It's like they're Nebraska playing against the Big 8 in 1995."

"I too am the eternal optimist and have been for 50 years of being a diehard fan of this great football team [Pitt]. That being said,I made the statement that the rest of the AFC could make up an all-star team and they would still have a hard time beating the Pats. I know this is a crazy statement, but New England looks unbeatable."

great board, guys...long time lurker, first time thread starter...bored here at work and thought i'd post some tidbits i've picked up from other forums. I give you my gentleman's word that these are all legit.

Last edited:
Re: Respect from the opposition...

Nice one. Thanks! Welcome abroad!!

from the Steelers board after the Colts game:

"I tried staying away from this game all week, but it just found me wherever I went. I even stayed away from ESPN (Entertainment & Sports Patriots Network) but it still didn't matter. I have to give them credit (as much as it kills me to do so). They just don't make mistakes, get injuries, get sacked much or turn the ball over very often. Such a classless organization like theirs does not deserve such greatness. One thing that I find interesting is that most of America hates their guts.
Because of the Patriots, it makes me look at the rest of our season as possibly becoming anti-climatic. Of course I want the Steelers to keep winning and getting better and I'll enjoy every chance I see them play. I'll hope like heck that they can somehow beat the Patriots. But there's that constant feeling of 'we're going to have to go straight into the buzzsaw at some point.'”

from Giants.com:

"I don't think that people really hate the Patriots. I think that it is more that the talking head jerks make us hate them, by talking about them non-stop, like they are obsessed ex-girlfriends. The Patriots are actually quite humble during post game interviews, and it dawned on me after they beat the Colts, that they themselves never say anything boastfull or disrespectfull about the team they just defeated. No matter how bad the next opponent might be, Bellichick always says that they will be tough. I think they get a bad rap more out of jelousy than anything else."

from an Eagles board:

"I also would like to express my love for the Patriots "BEAT THE S**T OUT OF YOU AND F**K THE WORLD" attitude. I'd be pissed off too if I worked as hard as they did and still got s**t for it. So I would come out every week pissed the f**k off. They are so much better than everyone in the league, they have worked hard and honestly to get to that point, and they show it by ass pounding the other team week after week. And for those who have sore a**holes, maybe you should play better. How about you STOP the Pats on fourth and one. Ever think of that?!

Theres no possible way you or anyone else can legitimately talk s**t on the Patriots. You just sound like an idiot."

and later his cohort:

"I will agree with you here. This team is so far beyond the rest of the league right now, its as if they need to move up a division. The calls for "sportsmanship" are getting a little tired, you don't want them to score 60pts on you? Stop them. The Pats put together a simply incredible collection of football players, they are going to beat the crap out of just about every team they face. They could start yanking their starters after halftime, but how is that not disrespectful? You can "go easy" on your little brother, but when you are a professional athlete playing against other professional athletes, giving less than your best simply because you don't need your best to win would be the most disrespectful thing for the Pats to do."

and a couple more from the Steelers board this past week:

"I've been trying to deny it and keep hoping Karma will catch up to them but New England has played the best 10 games of any team in history. It's like they're Nebraska playing against the Big 8 in 1995."

"I too am the eternal optimist and have been for 50 years of being a diehard fan of this great football team [Pitt]. That being said,I made the statement that the rest of the AFC could make up an all-star team and they would still have a hard time beating the Pats. I know this is a crazy statement, but New England looks unbeatable."

great board, guys...long time lurker, first time thread starter...bored here at work and thought i'd post some tidbits i've picked up from other forums. I give you my gentleman's word that these are all legit.

ROTFLMAO...

i love the quotes from the eagles fan. Harsh but I like it.

THere's a time for harshness. It's about the time the Patriots are about to play your favorite team.

That might be fun to do, after the Super bowl, the Pats would play the ALL Pros...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back