Welcome to PatsFans.com

FBI still hunting Bulger

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatriotsReign, Jun 13, 2008.

1. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +295 / 3 / -13

In today's Boston Globe, there's an article about how the FBI remains undeterred in their hunt for James "Whitey" Bulger.

I don't know about anyone else, but I've always been one of those who always wants the cops to get the bad guy. In this case I feel that same way X 10. I hate Whitey Bulger because he was given those special priveledges by the FBI. I also hate him because his brother used his position to protect him. And most of all, I hate the man because he cold-bloodedly killed at least 19 people...many of them innocent non-gangster good people.

Other than Bin Laden, he is the one guy I hope they get before he dies so he can spend his last worthless days rotting in a cell.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/ma..._years_later_search_for_bulger_still_intense/
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +480 / 1 / -9

Again, "we agree"------:rocker:
  3. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +295 / 3 / -13

To this day, I can't believe he was able to walk out of this country! Since his flight was a long one to Europe, I can't figure out why we didn't have agents waiting for him when he got there.

He must have had some sort of network set up to help him initially. And that only makes me wonder what sort of people could lower themselves to help a guy like Whitey?
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2008
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +480 / 1 / -9

I worked with many people that knew Whitey from Sommerville & So Boston, the type of people that would help him are "worshipers" and tough guy "wannabees" they would set themselves on fire if Whitey told them to and I imagine there are still a few of them left hanging around over there on Castle Island talking about the good old days.
  5. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +108 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

I have sad news for anyone who is holding out hope that the FBI bags "Whitey". they haven't caught him, because they do not want to. Whitey was an FBI informant, and they basically let him kill people while he was under their control. If captured Whitey would sing a very embarresing tune for the FBI.
  6. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +295 / 3 / -13

Wierd...I've never understood tough-guy wannabe's. To me, either you're a tough guy or you're not. Acting as a wannebe is worse than not being tough.

I guess you have your people with wealth or power who "think" they're somebody and your gangster/tough-guy people who think the same. I like people who are just happy being who they are.
  7. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +295 / 3 / -13

I agree to a degree. First, we already know how corrupt the FBI was with Whitey. Second, there will be some agents who don't give a rats ash about who or what they uncover, they will do their job to the best of their ability. And if they have to "go rogue" a bit, they will.

I don't care about who did what in the FBI anymore. Let them off scott-free...I don't care as long as Whitey is caught.
  8. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +170 / 4 / -4

I agree. I've thought that for a long time. The FBI corruption surrounding Bulger runs deep.
  9. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +295 / 3 / -13

so you think it would be possible that some local police in say, Spain could arrest Whitey & call the FBI and they will say, "Nope, that's not Whitey"

Or maybe they're hiding him?
  10. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Bin Ladin and Bulger have a lot in common, don't they? They kill bad guys (Russians and gangsters), they kill even more innocent people ( Not sure who Whitey killed who was "innocent" - I'm sure there were some, but I'd bet that most of them weren't all too innocent. Osama killed thousands of innocents). They both seem to have some kind of popular support and folk-hero status among some of their own people. And finally, the people pretending to be trying to catch or kill them (our government) seem to be trying even harder to not get them!
  11. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +170 / 4 / -4

No, I think it's possible that some individual FBI agents have some useful information that they are reluctant to share because of Whitey's knowledge about the FBI informant scandal. I don't think the whole FBI is corrupt by any means.
  12. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +139 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

I thought he was playing for the Rams?