Welcome to PatsFans.com

FBI speaks up: "no investigation of Palin"

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Fogbuster, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Guess people like Darryl, his brother Darryl, and his other brother, Darryl, won't be mentioning this today, so, in the interest of feeding "inquiring minds", here's the scoop. Straight from the horse's mouth:

[size=+4]FBI spokesman: We're not investigating Palin[/size]

(CNN) -- The FBI, in a rare response to rampant rumors on the Internet, said it is not investigating Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin on public corruption charges. Alaska's Sarah Palin is stepping down as governor at the end of the month.

"Normally, we don't confirm or deny those kind of allegations out there. But, by not doing so, it just casts her in a very bad light," said FBI Special Agent Eric Gonzalez, who confirmed for CNN the statement he made to the Anchorage Daily News. "There is just no truth to those rumors out there in the blogosphere."

Gonzalez told The Los Angeles Times that there was "no wiggle room" in his comments for any kind of inquiry.

The speculation began almost immediately after Palin's unexpected announcement on Friday that she would step down as Alaska's chief executive with 18 months left in her term.

FBI spokesman: We're not investigating Palin - CNN.com

Whoever said CNN was "all bad"??

//
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +241 / 8 / -26

Should not personalize these threads, wait until tommorrow.. see what news the quitter can muster by then...
  3. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

You're on. Maybe the one you call "quitter" will do something shocking, like tell her constituents and the world that she doesn't want to keep hold of one seat while pursuing another 'cause it wouldn't be fair. You know, kinda like what Hillary and Barry O'Bama did NOT do last year.

Class always rises to the top.

//
  4. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +300 / 3 / -13

Do you actually WANT to find out she was corrupt Darryl? That would be really wierd buddy. Who cares one way or the other? She's out, end of story.

As a life-long democrat, I have no "instant" distaste for a republican gov't official. I see them the same way I see a democratic official. One is not "better" than the other.

I think all Americans who judge an official based upon his/her party are incapable of using their intellectual capacity. How else could it be explained?
  5. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +241 / 8 / -26

No do not care, my response has to do with those who deify her and say what a wonderful person she is and a response to a personal challenge by Rev woman hater ... really do not care all that much, but no one in their right mind has a newsconference on 3 July leaving with more questions than answers, unless the hounds are at the door..
  6. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

i don't believe the FBI is required to bring a federal indictment. Just because the bureau comes out and says it's unaware doesn't mean a U.S. Attorney and/or grand jury hasn't started the process.
  7. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Seems like your reading comprehension skills have suffered badly during your absence. What part of this DON'T you understand:

"Normally, we don't confirm or deny those kind of allegations out there. But, by not doing so, it just casts her in a very bad light," said FBI Special Agent Eric Gonzalez, who confirmed for CNN the statement he made to the Anchorage Daily News. "There is just no truth to those rumors out there in the blogosphere."

Gonzalez told The Los Angeles Times that there was "no wiggle room" in his comments for any kind of inquiry.

The speculation began almost immediately after Palin's unexpected announcement on Friday that she would step down as Alaska's chief executive with 18 months left in her term.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...ks-up-no-investigation-palin.html#post1422964

???? :confused2:

//
  8. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Or that she isn't being investigated by the state attorney general or state police investigation or local police...just the FBI is not investigating her.
  9. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +241 / 8 / -26

Or some publication has the goods on her or Todd, when asked to verify she chose to resign..
  10. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

She's gonna become a Democrat.

:rolleyes:

//
  11. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +140 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Or she was caught burglarizing a 7-11. Don’t you think this baseless speculation is getting out of hand? I asked you the other day what information you were relying on for your “wait till Tuesday” bombshell. Does anyone have anything at all or is this just chumming the water with speculation?
  12. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +241 / 8 / -26

A whole lot of chumming going, the question is why do you forever label yourself as a quitter??... Why alienate your base, alienate your party and many right wing columnists without reason??? Unless it is political suicide... either that or she does not have the gut for it.

This whole thing reminds me of the Nixon in 1962 when he lost the California Governorship..

13. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +488 / 2 / -9

Not tomorrow, tomorrow will be dedictated to FREAKO, BLEACHO, WHACKO, JACKO.

All Palin has to do is step out of the house and the Loony Democrats go Insane, what in the name of God is their obsession with that women, she's even made them forget the Hated Chimp Bush........:confused::confused:

I have never in all my years seen the hatred, jealousy, fear and cruelty directed at one person who has done nothing that any other politician hasn't done including both partys, she's a Governor who whacky McCain picked as his running mate and suddenly drove the Democrat Haters into a Frenzy, the "Standing Ovations" must be the reason, she's "A Big Threat"

THE LIBERAL DEMOCRATS HATE PALIN WORSE THAN THEY DO HITLER/BUSH/JESUS/MY GUN.........:confused:
  14. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +154 / 7 / -13

What makes you think she has alienated 'her base'??? Hint Rove and the inside the beltway conservative pundits aren't her base....

Must be pretty scared of her to be so obsessed and hoping for a sex scandal...
  15. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +241 / 8 / -26

Why is there a need to personalize any of this, nothing to be scared of.. the reality is that most of what I read, there are a lot of columnists do not understand why she did what she did and feel alienated... the people who elected her in Alaska, her base, feel let down.. even the head of the Republican party, Rushbo.. has voiced skepticism..

She is a pretty good politician, even if she is not the sharpest tool in the shed.. there is more to this picture that meets the eye..

From the Alaska Daily News..

Our view: Palin calls it quits: ADN Editorial | adn.com

16. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

also, this wouldn't be the first time the FBI has shielded the corporate right agenda, and its designs for a RW future... I don't need to remind anyone of the Phoenix Memo or Louis Freeh's defense of the Saudis during the Khobar Towers investigation... or a number of other convenient examples.

her hasty and awkward resignation spoke utter volumes... I have little doubt this woman has been skimming off the top of Alaska's coffers for some time. You don't get accused of embezzlement numerous times for mere personal reasons.

As Kat Williams said best regarding allegations of Michael Jackson and little boys: Chances are, if someone calls you a crack head for 20 years, then you ARE smoking crack.
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2009
  17. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

You guessed it. Bummer. Palin's resigned so can become head of OPEC. :woohoo: She knows oil. And Russia is right outside her window. What more do you need.

:p........................................:p...............................:p

//
  18. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +300 / 3 / -13

Once again, if she did something, it will come out. But the only unacceptable thing regarding this issue are people who would like to find out she is guilty of something. That is the wish of a loser...imo

Personally, I don't like the woman as a candidate for POTUS....I never did. She seemed far to "hick" with all her "dontcha" type comments.
  19. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

As I said before, she's simply acknowledged the impossibility of her ever reaching the big chair, no scandal required. So now she's gonna do what she can for her causes and get rich. There's nothing wrong with that as I see it btw. If Sparrow(or whatever the 14 yr old is named) can earn her way into Harvard or MIT, then the Palins will just write a check each September 1st and forget about it. No less important is that the baby will be assured of outstanding care for life.

These are good things. What's not so good is that Caribou Barbie won't be around to be a drag on the serious candidate the Republicans are gonna nominate in 2012. So I really don't understand what you Republicans are so upset about. Its the Democrats that lose here.
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2009
  20. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Running for the Senate.

Today at noon. Read it and weep, some; read it and cheer, others.

//