Welcome to PatsFans.com

FBI Agent Slams Bosses at Moussaoui Trial

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Mar 21, 2006.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +527 / 14 / -28

This is pretty much being reported in all of the news feeds this AM, apparently a FBI agent was warning this adm of the impending terrorist actions in NY and DC, however no one listened. When I hear this, I wonder what Sibel Symonds knows and why they want her silenced...I do not understand how GWB can continue to be defended for his and his administrations inactions.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060320/ap_on_re_us/moussaoui

ALEXANDRIA, Va. - The FBI agent who arrested Zacarias Moussaoui in August 2001 testified Monday he spent almost four weeks trying to warn U.S. officials about the radical Islamic student pilot but "criminal negligence" by superiors in Washington thwarted a chance to stop the 9/11 attacks.

FBI agent Harry Samit of Minneapolis originally testified as a government witness, on March 9, but his daylong cross examination by defense attorney Edward MacMahon was the strongest moment so far for the court-appointed lawyers defending Moussaoui. The 37-year-old Frenchman of Moroccan descent is the only person charged in this country in connection with al-Qaida's Sept. 11, 2001, attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon.

MacMahon displayed a communication addressed to Samit and FBI headquarters agent Mike Maltbie from a bureau agent in Paris relaying word from French intelligence that Moussaoui was "very dangerous," had been indoctrinated in radical Islamic Fundamentalism at London's Finnsbury Park mosque, was "completely devoted" to a variety of radical fundamentalism that Osama bin Laden espoused, and had been to Afghanistan.

Based on what he already knew, Samit suspected that meant Moussaoui had been to training camps there, although the communication did not say that.
    The communication arrived Aug. 30, 2001. The Sept. 11 Commission reported that British intelligence told U.S. officials on Sept 13, 2001, that Moussaoui had attended an al-Qaida training camp in Afghanistan. "Had this information been available in late August 2001, the Moussaoui case would almost certainly have received intense, high-level attention," the commission concluded.

2. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,107 / 22 / -13

Disable Jersey

One of the myriad post 911 failures of the Bush administration and the hack laden 911 Commission was their utter and complete failure to assign responsibility to specific responsible organizational leaders and managers who failed in their basic duty to protect the nation. I'm not saying that 911 could have been anticipated in detail nor prevented, but that security organizations and leaders were NOT doing their jobs well enough to keep them.

Instead we've got a ludicrous TSA harrassing folks at airports and providing more govt jobs. I just re-entered the country and passed through security for my to Boston filght without either ID or boarding passes being presented as required. I did not point this blatant flaw out to the screeners because I feared being singled out for exemplary 'investigation'.

3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +829 / 2 / -9

Are you dark skinned, do you have a beard, if so maybe they (security) didn't want to be singled out for investigation, FOR OFFENDING YOU.

4. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

It's interesting that the point you're trying to make is based on an assumption that might very well turn out to be wrong. What if he's whiter than Larry Bird and clean-shaven? That would imply something different, something you don't want to imply.

PWP?

Last edited: Mar 23, 2006
  5. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +829 / 2 / -9

THATS ENTIRELY POSSIBLE I SAID "IF" "IF".

Should he look like Larry Bird than you are absolutely correct.

Again, I said "IF"

Last edited: Mar 23, 2006
  6. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I know you said if, but you have your conception of what the problem is ("the airlines are too afraid to seem like they're profiling") and you make up all these things in your mind that fit with your conceptions.

7. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +829 / 2 / -9

Oh, I see, OK :bricks:

8. PatsWickedPissah

Ratings:
    +2,107 / 22 / -13

Disable Jersey

I am a red-headed, hairless (except on the head) Mick whom many folks mistake for a cop, which I am not.

Funny story, in the eighties I worked in Germany. EVERY TIME I entered Frankfurt airport, I'd get pulled aside by the screeners and asked questions while my co-workers just sailed through. Finally, last year I found out why. Talking to a former babe, senior American Airlines flight attendant new neighbor, she told me that back then, her redhead husband received the same treatment. They were screening for IRA terrorists and guess who fit the physical profile as persons to be investigated. The Krauts used the well proven effective means of engaging suspects (now known as 'persons of interest') in conversation and then carefully gauging their reactions. This method requires training and innate ability but has resulted in a perfect anti-terrorist screen for the Israelies.

For national security reasons, I will not describe how I accidently but easily evaded the US TSA agents ID screen.

9. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +829 / 2 / -9

I'm a Red Head too.

10. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Oh, oh, that's so cool! You must be, like, brothers.

11. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +829 / 2 / -9

I used to have freckles :bricks:

12. PatsWickedPissah

Ratings:
    +2,107 / 22 / -13

Disable Jersey

shoot me now!