PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Favre Tracker"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Fox Sports: Favre to Jets

Ok, I'm trying not to be a ridiculous homer here, and I think this is definitely going to make the Jets tougher. But the knock on Favre these days is that he's a gunslinger who doesn't like to study. Can he really deal with a Belichick defense? Has he face anything like it with Green Bay lately? And what state are the Jets in when this guy finally hits the wall? For a team that actually seemed to be doing a decent job building for the future, this certainly seems like a now or never move with a team that wasn't exactly just a great QB away from going all the way. Yes they will be tougher, but in the long run I feel like the Jets just ensured another 5-7 years of mediocrity.

Tell me week #2 didn't just become a nationally televised game!

No doubt...The Favre Swan Song version 3

In all honesty, I can't see him doing any better than Pennington unless the Jets acquisitions/drafts transform the team.

I hope Favre crashes and burns, and not just because he's now a Jet.

Grade A douchebag.

let me go on the record and say we have the upside of a dangerous wild card team, that said I am exstatic
I'd agree that you have the upside as a wild card team but I highly doubt they will win the division. Maybe take a game from the Patriots but thats it.

Ok, I'm trying not to be a ridiculous homer here, and I think this is definitely going to make the Jets tougher. But the knock on Favre these days is that he's a gunslinger who doesn't like to study film. Can he really deal with a Belichick defense? Has he face anything like it with Green Bay lately?

And what state are the Jets in when this guy finally hits the wall? For a team that actually seemed to be doing a decent job building for the future, this certainly seems like a now or never move with a team that wasn't exactly just a QB upgrade away from going all the way. Yes they will be tougher, but in the long run I feel like the Jets just ensured another 5-7 years of mediocrity.

Last edited:

Let me see. The Patriots are supposed to fear the Jets because they picked up a 38 year old QB, who sucked in 2005 and 2006, was decent in 2007, had a tearful retirement at the end of the 2007 season, and then decided to not retire. Yeah right. :rolleyes:
The Jets won the Championship on paper. Good for them. But that's why the games are played. We'll see what happens. Bring on Favre and the Rats. The Patriots NEVER back down from a challenge. Hey guys, the division just got more interesting.

Decent in 2007? What where his numbers?

Last edited:

Do the jets have a salary cap?

Brett is old but he is still a lock at HOFer - You have to think that its something to give a little respectability to the Jets at the QB position don't you think?

He may throw a dozen or so interceptions this year but I am sure he will throw more TD passes than those 2 shmucks the Jets had before today - I don't think it can be worse and should only improve thier offense more - How Much? - to be seen as the weeks go on.

What a joke will beat him down 2 times a year he is headed the way of joe montanna

FYI...being a Pats fan is ALL about being a homer. That is what home-town football fans do and that's why we have our own board. We're not pure football fans who kinda like the Patriots. We effin' LOVE the Patriots. So most of us are very proud HOMERS.

Fans of the NFL in general typically post on PFT or one of those sites.

Last edited:

Nice insult......why dont you show the mods ( since you cry to them all the time). You are a huge homer, and thats pretty obvious.

I failed when I tried to conversate with you, because clearly you have no life, and you sit around logged on to this board all day.

Conversation over, homer.
Wow nice insult towards Patsjew. Don't even be sarcastic about someones insult when you have a comeback as pathetic as that.

Brett is old but he is still a lock at HOFer - You have to think that its something to give a little respectability to the Jets at the QB position don't you think?

He may throw a dozen or so interceptions this year but I am sure he will throw more TD passes than those 2 shmucks the Jets had before today - I don't think it can be worse and should only improve thier offense more - How Much? - to be seen as the weeks go on.

I mean, they have to be better than last year, right? I think it will make the division alot more fun this year, but I also think it could impede their team's development. Anyway, I like the circus, and it's cool that Pats-Jets will continue to be one.

fyi...being a pats fan is all about being a homer. That is what home-town football fans do and that's why we have our own board. We're not pure football fans who kinda like the patriots. We effin' love the patriots.

Fans of the nfl in general typically post on pft or one of those sites.

You tell 'em P...if visitors don't like it, THEY CAN LEAVE!!

Last edited:

Clearly. However they should still be no threat to us barring a totally miserable game from the Patriots. Like a lot of other teams, the Jets will be an average to above average team trying to compete with a great team.

Agreed. I think it is quite stupid of Patslifer to be calling people homers on a Patriots forum. Most of us are big time homers as are most people on other team forums.

Last edited:

Ok, I'm trying not to be a ridiculous homer here, and I think this is definitely going to make the Jets tougher. But the knock on Favre these days is that he's a gunslinger who doesn't like to study film. Can he really deal with a Belichick defense? Has he face anything like it with Green Bay lately?
Favre was 5-15 while getting hurt last time we played them :

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=261119009

I bet Belichick is in the office right now getting ready for Week 2 :D

Effin Hoo-RAH Rules!!! You got that right. You just point out the non-homers and we'll take care of things around hee-ah!;)

Sorry, kinda wired tonight! I'm sick of waiting for the Patriots season to start. Note, I did not say "football season"?

Favre was 5-15 while getting hurt last time we played them :

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=261119009

I bet Belichick is in the office right now getting ready for Week 2 :D

I totally forgot about that. I know the guy has seen "everything" but the Pats are a complicated defense and if he doesn't study, I feel like he's going to get creamed. Plus he's not going to take his cues from Mangini (is he older than Mangini?)

The more I think about it the more I think Pats-Jets games will be even more fun now. I think:D

How desperate is Favre? How do you go from playing for one of the greatest franchises in the NFL to playing for the Jets and Mangini? Imagine ... Favre is going to be playing for a coach who knows less about football than he does. This is going to be a disaster for the Jets ... and it will be fun to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes