PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Favre Tracker"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Fox Sports: Favre to Jets

Maybe it was just because he often seemed to play well against the Pats, but I always kinda like Pennington. I'm not saying that Favre isn't an upgrade, but I'll be happy not to see Chad anymore.

Love all the homers in this thread... The jets have made some moves over the offseason, and Farve just made them instantly better. Someone remind me off Farves numbers from last year. If not for Brady, he would have been in talks for the MVP.

The jets just got a lot better, and some goofs are making it out to be a joke. They may not win the east, but they will give us a run for it

You're damn right we won't admit it. The last time the Pats played Favre he was carted off the field. Most people here were itching to play him in the Superbowl, but he killed his team with one of his characteristic INTs at a critical point in the game and didn't make it to the Superbowl. He's been sitting home retired for the past 8 mos. and now he has two weeks to get in shape and learn a whole new offense, in a town, by the way, that won't hesitate to rip him to shreds if he starts off a little slow. There won't be crowds of happy people waiting for his plane from Hattiesburg in NY - just a bunch of unrealistic cynics who will pick him apart on a daily basis rather than sit at his feet. His need for constant praise will be a problem for him in NY.

Did the NE/Jets rivalry just get a lot more interesting - yes. But don't call us all homers who can't admit anything. This is a big risk by the Jets that could go either way. I, for one don't think they just got a lot better. What about team chemistry? What are they going to do with Pennington & Clemens? How will the Penguin handle being overshadowed at every turn by one of his players?

Does Favre even want to play for the Jets?

We know he had to agree to it.

For some inexplicable reason, the Packers basically gave Favre a no-trade clause in his current contract: basically, if he fails to show up to the other team's facilities, his rights automatically revert back to the Packers, and the trade is null and void. In other words--they can't send him anywhere he doesn't want to go.

Maybe it was just because he often seemed to play well against the Pats, but I always kinda like Pennington. I'm not saying that Favre isn't an upgrade, but I'll be happy not to see Chad anymore.

I can promise you will miss Chad, when farve tosses his first bomb for a long completion...For some reason, people are ignoring Farves numbers last year, and ignoring the fact the Jets have a pretty solid team right now. The jets can run, their line is better, they have a good d, good recievers, and Farve is a gamer. He can scramble, and throw the long ball.......bad news.

Last edited:

The jets will have a good defense, running game and have improved their offensive line. Brett makes them contenders for the division, and as a pats fan, I am sad to see Farve a jet.

He put up big numbers last year, and he can get the ball deep. This is slightly bad news.
Panic. Panic. Panic.

The Jets may be a playoff contender now but they wont be winning the division.

I'm in the middle on this. I agree it makes the Jets better. Duh. But give us a run for it ? I think not. There is one position on the field, DB, where I think the Jets are better than the Patriots. One.

Moving on . . .

i actually agree with this. The jets got a lot better with a QB who can throw deeper than 10 yards now.the hype for the first pats/jets game will be over the top . iam just pissed that pats will be dragged into this storyline as the bad guys at every turn and ESPN will start its hourly 'push' of how the jets will now beat the pats...hope our guys are up to it.

Up to it? You have to be kidding. This is great locker room material for BB?

I can promise you will miss Chad, when farve tosses his first bomb for a long completion vs us....

For some reason, people are ignoring Farves numbers last year, and ignoring the fact the Jets have a pretty solid team right now.
************, just declare your love for Favre and the Jets right now. :rolleyes:

It's good the Pats get that Favre matchup at the meadowlands over with by the 2nd week. Instead of crushing them the usual 41-14, I see 38-24 kind of games with them now. Certainly no reason to panic, it just makes you do a little more scoreboard watching this year. Jets could go 10-6/9-7 this year and get the wild card, that's their ceiling. All this is is caffeine for the Pats, we all just woke up and realize the Pats actually have another TEAM in the division.

I like Pennington too. As I said in another thread, I wish the Jets would cut him and that we could pick him up as Brady's back-up. Not going to happen, I know.

ESPN has apparently pre-empted all other programs, like Baseball Tonight, to give 100% of themselves to a Brett Favre sploogefest. I'd like to see Red Sox game highlights, if you don't mind. Is Brett Favre the second coming of ************?

I can promise you will miss Chad, when farve tosses his first bomb for a long completion...For some reason, people are ignoring Farves numbers last year, and ignoring the fact the Jets have a pretty solid team right now. The jets can run, their line is better, they have a good d, good recievers, and Farve is a gamer. He can scramble, and throw the long ball.......bad news.

You know what, don't make me any promises. I disagree with pretty much everything you've ever said. I love how you suddenly become active in this Jets thread. Now why is that?

************, just declare your love for Favre and the Jets right now. :rolleyes:

Here come the homers. Try to say anything that is not "ball washing" the pats, and you come out in droves. Farve makes the jets a better team. They have a good defense, the improved their line, they have a good running game, and now they have a QB who can throw the ball.Did I say I loved the jets? All i said was that they got a lot better, and there is some reason for concern. Put the pom poms down and be objective.

You tell my why the jets are better off without Farve?

Last edited:

You know what, don't make me any promises. I disagree with pretty much everything you've ever said. I love how you suddenly become active in this Jets thread. Now why is that?

Suddenly? I dont conversate with homers like you. The pats are the greatest, Farve can't help the jets, we are going 16-0...blah blah blah:banned:

Last edited:

The jets will have a good defense, running game and have improved their offensive line. Brett makes them contenders for the division, and as a pats fan, I am sad to see Farve a jet.

He put up big numbers last year, and he can get the ball deep. This is slightly bad news.

The Jets won 4 games last year. The Pats won 18. Farve himself is not going to cut into that very much.

Suddenly? I dont conversate with homers like you. The pats are the greatest, Farve can't help them, we are going 16-0...blah blah blah:banned:

You don't know what a homer is, loser. You've tried to conversate with me before and failed miserably. Congrats, you're the worst poster on this board.

Suddenly? I dont conversate with homers like you. The pats are the greatest, Farve can't help them, we are going 16-0...blah blah blah:banned:
Sal Paolantonio just said "the Packers have to win at least twice as many games as last year, and compete for a playoff spot." Favre, Favre, Favre.

Let me see. The Patriots are supposed to fear the Jets because they picked up a 38 year old QB, who sucked in 2005 and 2006, was decent in 2007, had a tearful retirement at the end of the 2007 season, and then decided to not retire. Yeah right. :rolleyes:
The Jets won the Championship on paper. Good for them. But that's why the games are played. We'll see what happens. Bring on Favre and the Rats. The Patriots NEVER back down from a challenge. Hey guys, the division just got more interesting.

let me go on the record and say we have the upside of a dangerous wild card team, that said I am exstatic

You don't know what a homer is, loser. You've tried to conversate with me before and failed miserably. Congrats, you're the worst poster on this board.

Nice insult......why dont you show the mods ( since you cry to them all the time). You are a huge homer, and thats pretty obvious.

I failed when I tried to conversate with you, because clearly you have no life, and you sit around logged on to this board all day.

Conversation over, homer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes