PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Favre to Retire!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

letekro

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
per Mortensen. Oh happy day!

Thank goodness - his skills and decision making was slipping but so too was his supporting cast

I feared for his life when watching Adrien Klemm and the rest of the offensive line attempt to protect him.

I am so relieved. Now we don't have to listen to the endless will he or won't he debate. This should have actually happened well before now.

Tickets for that Pats game next year just got a little cheaper. Hope we catch them early on in September w/ a new coach & QB.

finally. no seriously... FINALLY.

are you just reporting what he said the other day that he's "leaning" towards retirement? i cant find anything official that he has anywhere

Chris said:
are you just reporting what he said the other day that he's "leaning" towards retirement? i cant find anything official that he has anywhere

Don't jinx it!!! Damnit! All Farve needs is the slightest doubt to once again begin his patented "waffle dance" for the next three months.

I, for one, really respect Favre, and will truly miss having the game of football without him. A class act through and through and one of the best QBs to ever play the game. We'll miss ya Brett!

Mort said that he expects the retirement announcement will come in the next month, but that he WILL retire. Then again, we've been through this countless times before with other players, not to mention the Rolling Stones and the Who, so nothing's ever set in stone.

letekro said:
Mort said that he expects the retirement announcement will come in the next month, but that he WILL retire.
Misleading title on this thread. It sounds like Favre will retire. Actually, all that has happened is that an ESPN talking head has said he will reitre within a month. I saw the Mortenson interview, and all Favre said is that he isn't sure.

drew4008 said:
A class act through and through and one of the best QBs to ever play the game. We'll miss ya Brett!
I used to feel that way too. Until his selfish, arogant, bulls#it comments about his role in regards to Aaron Rogers. He's a primadonna just like you'd expect if not for the media shoving his "legendary" and "great guy" status down our throats on a weekly basis.

And a pox on your house for getting me excited with the thread title. :snob:

give the guy a break

Brownfan80 said:
Don't jinx it!!! Damnit! All Farve needs is the slightest doubt to once again begin his patented "waffle dance" for the next three months.
brett favre has been a footbaall player since he was about 10 years old, it's been a large part of his life for 25 years. this is the hardest decision he's had to make, probably, in a long time. what has been harder? getting married? having kids? figuring out what to do about his family in kiln, louisiana?
he has several options:
take another year with the packers, perhaps humiliate himself for 16 games and run serious physical risks on every snap (by the way, both adrian and grey ruegamer are reserve OLs out there)
retire, surrender, and actually give up the game that's so much a part of his life
retire and go right into coaching
go somewhere else and become the 2nd string QB/QB coach for some team that has a high-pick rookie QB.
a lot of elite QBs -- Joe Namath, Joe Theismann, Testaverde, Jim Kelly, Boomer -- stayed around that one more year and embarassed themselves. it doesn't seem to have affected their reputations in the long term.
don't be surprised if he wobbles one way and another right up till draft day. if he sticks around past that, he's being selfish.

ilduce06410 said:
brett favre has been a footbaall player since he was about 10 years old, it's been a large part of his life for 25 years. this is the hardest decision he's had to make, probably, in a long time.
Yeah, about 365 days ago.

ilduce06410 said:
a lot of elite QBs -- Joe Namath, Joe Theismann, Testaverde, Jim Kelly, Boomer -- stayed around that one more year and embarassed themselves.
I'm sorry, did you just use 'elite' and 'Testaverde' in the same sentence?
:confused:

ilduce06410 said:
brett favre has been a footbaall player since he was about 10 years old, it's been a large part of his life for 25 years. this is the hardest decision he's had to make, probably, in a long time. what has been harder? getting married? having kids? figuring out what to do about his family in kiln, louisiana?
he has several options:
take another year with the packers, perhaps humiliate himself for 16 games and run serious physical risks on every snap (by the way, both adrian and grey ruegamer are reserve OLs out there)
retire, surrender, and actually give up the game that's so much a part of his life
retire and go right into coaching
go somewhere else and become the 2nd string QB/QB coach for some team that has a high-pick rookie QB.
a lot of elite QBs -- Joe Namath, Joe Theismann, Testaverde, Jim Kelly, Boomer -- stayed around that one more year and embarassed themselves. it doesn't seem to have affected their reputations in the long term.
don't be surprised if he wobbles one way and another right up till draft day. if he sticks around past that, he's being selfish.

i'm sure it is a hard decision. just like it was every offseason for the past five years when the bobble heads blather on and on about it and brett has his annual 'i want to keep playing i have something left in the tank' press conference. I'm just sick of hearing about it is all.

No way he retires yet! He'll have to do one more year so that Lord Favre can enjoy all those standing ovations from Green Bay fans in other team's stadiums as he makes his "farewell" round of appearance at all the opponents sites! All the talking heads will have to have their chance for gushing adulations at the "Legend's" final appearances at these stadiums, with appropriate film of past great performances each and every place. Getting sick just thinking about it.

:bricks:

Chris Mortenson also reported that Bill Parcells would announce his retirement. How's that workin' out for ya, fellas?

how about if he decides to keep his whiny trap shut for once, get in shape, look at a little film for once, and stop being the dumbest effing quarterback in the league?

When they do the gauzy 'Sunday Night Conversation' on that, let me know.

ilduce06410 said:
kiln, louisiana?
QUOTE]

Where is this at?

I feel sorry for poor Brett Farve...YEAH RIGHT.

Joker.

What did he EVER do for humanity?

Alot less than I did...for sure.

He has made PLENTY of dough. Idiots lick his sack on a constant basis (I have no idea why). Just retire already. Media milker.

2 good things to come out of this:

1 - He's ready and he deserves it.

2- It knocks the T.O. story back to 3rd on the hit story list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back