PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Favre retires

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course he retired. Now he can enjoy his offseason without needing to work out or attend mini-camps. Then come early July he can announce his return and demand his unconditional release.
Bingo, you got bingo!!!

Like the tides and tulips in Spring. I wil shed a single tear, as I did last year, and as I will do again next year too. :cool:

Did Favre shed any tears this time?

The bigger question: what wil become of all the No. 4 Favre jerseys that Green Beans fans bought?

Which is why I'm happy we Franchised him even in the unlikely scenario that we're stuck with him for a year.

Stuck with him, ha ha, kind of like being "stuck" with the SI cover girl!? :D

Aww, come on, Brett ole' buddy. This isn't the Brett Favre we all know and love! We're counting on you to drag this out in a frenzy of narcissism, causing off-season chaos for the Jets like you did so reliably for the Packers. Go out with guns blazing, you grizzled gunslinger!

I wish the best of luck to Favre in his future endeavors.

No, for the 33rd QB ranking in the league, for 5 TD/10 INT, for a 52% completion%. For sucking. I know he's young and could improve and that Jets' fans like Ratliff as the flavor of the month but while Favre was up and down, if you need a big 3rd down conversion, I don't think Clemens or Ratliff is who you want in there.

Ratliff is an unknown so no one can make any definitive comments on him. Im just curious as to how great it was playing against Clemens (the Pats) in 07 like you said which prompted me to say "for what one quarter in game one and one play in game 2;)"

Last edited:
Does it say for how long? :confused: :D

I'll believe he's retired when September rolls around and he's not playing.

Last edited:
Saw this on PFT:

Coach Rex Ryan, who never actually coached Favre, also chimed in. “It was an honor to coach against Brett over the years. If he’s not the best quarterback ever, then he’s certainly in the conversation. I have great admiration for him as a player and a person. I wish him only the best in his life after football.”

This dude is the head coach of our arch-rivals? *snicker*

Aww, come on, Brett ole' buddy. This isn't the Brett Favre we all know and love! We're counting on you to drag this out in a frenzy of narcissism, causing off-season chaos for the Jets like you did so reliably for the Packers. Go out with guns blazing, you grizzled gunslinger!

You overlook the possibility that Brett's professed "fondness" for Mangini may imply he is seeking his release from the Jets to follow his hero to Cleveland and thereby scuttle whatever possibility Mangini has to redeem himself there. Favre is likely torn between disrupting the Jets organization and disrupting Mangini's existence wherever he goes. You have to admit - given the choice of those two options you do not want to make a hasty decision. Make the wise choice of announcing retirement but don't file the papers.

I'll have to hit the 'mute' button on ESPN for the next couple of weeks.. Oh, and Peter King, too... UGH..

I thought Ian had put a stop to re-opening old threads. This was discussed more than a year ago.

The question is whether the Jets release him or put him on the reserve/retired list. Sounds like the latter. So the Jets could have a head ache come May or June.

Favre should have retired last year. The guy is a shell of his former self. He is still capable of a handful of All Pro games, but he will average or mediocre most of the rest of the year.
Though Favre would certainly prefer to be released, leaving him the option of signing with Minnesota, which he wanted so badly last year, it would make far more sense for the Jets to place him on the reserve/retired list. That way if or when Favre changes his mind, they could try to get something in return for him.

You overlook the possibility that Brett's professed "fondness" for Mangini may imply he is seeking his release from the Jets to follow his hero to Cleveland and thereby scuttle whatever possibility Mangini has to redeem himself there. Favre is likely torn between disrupting the Jets organization and disrupting Mangini's existence wherever he goes. You have to admit - given the choice of those two options you do not want to make a hasty decision. Make the wise choice of announcing retirement but don't file the papers.

I thought Ian had put a stop to re-opening old threads. This was discussed more than a year ago.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Posts of the day! :D

If official this time, it saves the Jets a ton of money, really helping their 2009 season.

It also puts one more team in the "demand" side of the QB supply/demand market.

From everything I've read, the Jets are still $10M+ over the cap.

Didn't believe it last year and I don't believe it this year.

Still too much of a media whore.

He'll graciously accept all the "he was one of the best" accolades again.

And then when he figures he's safely past the "having to bust his *****" preseason workouts he'll have the sudden epiphany that he really still wants to play football - - - just like last year and try to get on another team (preferably one that plays Green Bay at least once or twice).

Same old ***** again. Once again too stupid to know he's done and will continue to tarnish his already tarnished career.

He's a buffoon. :bricks:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye