PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Favre making excuses already

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMcCartney

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
""It hurts in the back [of the shoulder], hurts down in the biceps and, occasionally, in my neck," Favre said. "Other than that, it's fine."

"It didn't feel like it should, I do know that," Favre said of his shoulder. "Whether or not it requires surgery, depending on what it would be, that's something else I would have to weigh on whether or not, first of all, I would want surgery.

"Second of all, if I need it, would I play or not? It's one of those things. I'm 39, I don't want to have to have a bunch of surgeries to continue playing. I really don't know what it would show."

ESPN - Brett Favre to have MRI, will affect decision to play

The only surgery that would improve his performance is a lobotomy.

Good riddance, don't let the door hit ya in the ass....

Holmgren to the Jets?

The only surgery that would improve his performance is a lobotomy.

Good riddance, don't let the door hit ya in the ass....

Noooooooooooo!

I want the int machine back behind center for the Jets.

Brett you can't retire only four more fumbles and you break Moon's record.

My question is, if it was as bad as he says, why didnt Mangini stand up to his player and bench him?

Hey Brett

baby_middle_finger.jpg

Stick your excuses in a sack

He can make excuses all he wants, but the fact of the matter is, the ability to stay on the field and play well through injuriesis an important skill for an NFL Player. The lack of said ability is not an excuse. He looked like Jeff George on Sunday, playing like he just wanted to not get hit again.

There's been a lot of hypocritical bashing of Favre on this site all season. Now, even with the season over, it continues.

Maybe Patriots fans are no better than Jets fans after all.

There's been a lot of hypocritical bashing of Favre on this site all season. Now, even with the season over, it continues.

Maybe, maybe not.

There must be something wrong with his shoulder, though, especially the way he threw the interception on the screen pass and on the play with the uncovered receiver.....definite lack of arm strength.

Sad.

We should embrace his excuses. If he's able to repair his arm, and play under a coach he actually likes he could be with the Jets again next year.

I haven't bashed Favre, but I can't see how you can apply the term "hypocrital" to bashing a QB whos had a pretty mediocre season. In fact, wouldn't bashing someone for bashing a guy with a mediocre season be hypocritical?

Definition:
–noun 1. a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, esp. a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.
2. a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, esp. one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

I dunno. He'll be in the Hall of Fame, and he probably should be. 22TD's and 22ints is a season worthy of bashing for a Hall of Famer. In his defense, his O-line gave up over the stretch.

Really? Let's see.. Favre plays for the Jets (there's a reason right there to bash the hell out of him).. He was probably the worst QB in the NFL the last half of the season, yet he made the Pro Bowl.. We needed him to come up big and, like usual, he puked on his shoes like the overrated stiff that he is.. The media blows sunshine up this guy's butt every time he's on TV.. I just can't take it.. oh, and did I mention he plays for the J-E-S-T?? He's such an obvious target in NE.. And if he's hurt, why haven't any of his teammates or coaches come to his defense? Just sayin'...

Maybe, maybe not.

There must be something wrong with his shoulder, though, especially the way he threw the interception on the screen pass and on the play with the uncovered receiver.....definite lack of arm strength.

Sad.

That's my point, really. The guy had a clear line of demarcation in his season, where his game was completely different from one week to the next. He's never missed a game and his backup is a stiff, so it's not a surprise that he'd play through an injury. The way people on this board have treated him has been abominable, and Patriots fans should know better given the injury history of players on this team.

That's my point, really. The guy had a clear line of demarcation in his season, where his game was completely different from one week to the next. He's never missed a game and his backup is a stiff, so it's not a surprise that he'd play through an injury. The way people on this board have treated him has been abominable, and Patriots fans should know better given the injury history of players on this team.

PLEASE come back Brett we need you to really screw the Jets next year

I don't like the way he brought up his alleged injury when the train had left the station. I have always been a Favre admirer and defender but, in my mind, his legacy is tarnished more by his actions between these last two games than his on field performance and execution.

What is hypocritical about despising the media fawning over this overrated POS and being sick of his attention whore tactics every year?

He sucks, he has sucked for years and he is probably the most overrated player in NFL history. I have felt this way for years. Through longevity he has broken the records of men whose jockstrap he could never hold.

He also fell heavily on his arm (in the second quarter I think).
The Jets also knew that they had nothing else to play for,their season was toast practically as soon as the game started, 10 minutes after the Ravens-Jags game. Bet if we'd have lost and they had something to play for it would have been different.

I don't like the way he brought up his alleged injury when the train had left the station. I have always been a Favre admirer and defender but, in my mind, his legacy is tarnished more by his actions between these last two games than his on field performance and execution.

See, I don't agree with this line of thinking. People were bashing Vrabel and talking about him being washed up until it came out that he might have a bum shoulder. Once that information came out, people here circled the wagons. Why should we begrudge the same courtesy to players on opposing teams? There was, after all, a huge difference between the Brett Favre who tore up the Titans and the Brett Favre who played the rest of the season.

Whether it's because his injury had such an impact, or just because age has caught up to him and he ran out of gas, we're talking about a 40 year old quarterback who played well enough at the beginning of the season to have the Jets at 8-3 before his struggles began in earnest.

We should embrace his excuses. If he's able to repair his arm, and play under a coach he actually likes he could be with the Jets again next year.
Yeah, he even allegedly pulled an "et tu Brute" about Mangini. "I didn't enjoy playing for him". Wah, wah, wah. :scream:

I used to like this guy, but with his yearly offseason soap opera, he's turned into my most despised athlete. Roger Clemens can rest some. :rofl:

Dear Green Bay:

I'm ready to sign that $25M contract now.

Sincerely,

Brett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back