PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Favre fined $10,000 for Illegal Block (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Favre fined $10,000 for Illegal Block

Good he deserves it.

Favre fined $10,000 for crack-back block | StarTribune.com

Favre fined $10,000 for crack-back block
Associated Press

Last update: September 4, 2009 - 3:30 Pm

NEW YORK - Minnesota Vikings quarterback Brett Favre has been fined $10,000 by the NFL for his crack-back block on Houston's Eugene Wilson in a preseason game.

The league said Friday that Favre hit an opponent below the waist on a run play as the Texans safety was moving toward the ball carrier. The game last Monday was televised nationally and the block caused some uproar in Houston and elsewhere around the league

Last edited:
Re: Favre fined $10,000 for Illegal Block

$10Gs to Brett Favre is like $10 to the average person - Big Deal,He almost cost Eugene not only the season but his career - he should have been suspended but will never happen with him :rolleyes:

Was Favre's block any different then the one thrown on Rodney Harrison in the Titans game a few years back?

I don't think so.

Big deal for Favre. He'll just do another Wrangler commercial and make that $10,000 back. I sincerely hope he gets his because this is just a slap on the wrist.

And obviously I didn't wish any ill will on him because he's one of the boys.

If you're trying to make a point about other players receiving small fines, then very well. But you should remember that Belichick was fined $500,000 for having a camera on the sidelines. Favre maliciously went after Wilson's knees when he simply could have blown him up on a big block up high (considering Wilson wasn't even looking at Favre). I'd say the latter situation was a little worse. If they're going to fine BB $500,000 for what he did, then the NFL should fine guys like Favre and Wilfork just as much for playing dirty. They're both making a considerable amount of cash. They can handle it.

What a joke of a fine...

And obviously I didn't wish any ill will on him because he's one of the boys.

If you're trying to make a point about other players receiving small fines, then very well. But you should remember that Belichick was fined $500,000 for having a camera on the sidelines. Favre maliciously went after Wilson's knees when he simply could have blown him up on a big block up high (considering Wilson wasn't even looking at Favre). I'd say the latter situation was a little worse. If they're going to fine BB $500,000 for what he did, then the NFL should fine guys like Favre and Wilfork just as much for playing dirty. They're both making a considerable amount of cash. They can handle it.

Favre made a play that was perfectly legal last season. He is the first player to be fined for violating that rule since its implementation. He won't be the last.

As for the BB fine and the Wilfork fine about Losman, I was opposed to them.

Last edited:
Favre made a play that was perfectly legal last season. He is the first player to be fined for violating that rule since its implementation. He won't be the last.

As for the BB fine and the Wilfork fine about Losman, I was opposed to them.

Just because it was legal doesn't mean it isn't filthy dirty. Hell, my 9 year old niece could have laid out Eugene Wilson with an upper body block in that situation.

Just because it was legal doesn't mean it isn't filthy dirty. Hell, my 9 year old niece could have laid out Eugene Wilson with an upper body block in that situation.

Take it up with the NFL, since the league allowed it up until last season. Ward has made a career out of it.

Take it up with the NFL, since the league allowed it up until last season. Ward has made a career out of it.

I'm on the horn with Goodell's office as we speak. :cool:

Good. Get that putz to resign while you're at it.

I'll tell him that I have his family tied up in a Jacksonville basement with a couple of gangster MFers ready to go to work on them with nothing but a pair of pliers and a blow torch. I'll let him know that he can stop it from happening if he resigns. :beatingcoming:

Re: OT: Dirtbird Favrequad needs to be fined for illegal hit

We'll wait and see. My gut feeling is $10,000 but I can (and 99.9999% chance) am wrong.

I guess for once my 0.1111% is right on the money. Not that this says much either..... :eek:

Re: OT: Dirtbird Favrequad needs to be fined for illegal hit

Sadly I don't see Duhdell fining Favre enough to really make an example out of him. By that I'm meaning the fine will be some weak $10,000 fine that is pocket change for Favre. Pocket change that he'll easily get back from all the merchandise that is selling like it was water in a freakin desert here in Minny.

Give yourself a pat on the back, D-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey