PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Favre fined $10,000 for Illegal Block (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OT: Dirtbird Favrequad needs to be fined for illegal hit

116982.jpg

I was pleasantly surprised to see this as a Yahoo headline. WTG, Favre.:rolleyes:

I don't understand the Favre hate. The guy's an inspiration to those of us pushing 40.

I don't understand the Favre hate. The guy's an inspiration to those of us pushing 40.
You having problems retiring too?

Ya know, I don't wish injuries on anyone in this league but I'm going to change that stance now. Call me out for it all you want, but I hope that someone breaks Favre in half and ends his career once and for all. That was filthy and needless. He could have blown Wilson up just fine hitting him up high as Wilson wasn't looking and was, by definition, completely defenseless at the time.

At the very least, I hope Nick Barnett will live up to his word, even if that's not what he was intending to say.

I second that emotion.

Same goes for the Mannings, Worthlessbooger, Rivers & Sanchez, too.

I second that emotion.

Same goes for the Mannings, Worthlessbooger, Rivers & Sanchez, too.

Nope. I don't wish serious injury on any of those guys. When they pull a stunt like Favre did last night, then I will.

You're a kinder, gentler human being than I am, K.

Because my QB suffered a season-ending injury on a cheap shot, I want all the A-Hole QBs to suffer season-ending injuries, too.

I'm still extremely pissed-off that the scum Pereira & Bad-dell never acknowledged that the cheap shot by Pollard was illegal & done with malice aforethought. There is no doubt whatsoever in my mind that had that happened to one of the above mentioned QBs, the league would have issued a "Point of Emphasis" the following day and fined Pollard immediately, and perhaps heavily.

You're a kinder, gentler human being than I am, K.

Because my QB suffered a season-ending injury on a cheap shot, I want all the A-Hole QBs to suffer season-ending injuries, too.

I'm still extremely pissed-off that the scum Pereira & Bad-dell never acknowledged that the cheap shot by Pollard was illegal & done with malice aforethought. There is no doubt whatsoever in my mind that had that happened to one of the above mentioned QBs, the league would have issued a "Point of Emphasis" the following day and fined Pollard immediately, and perhaps heavily.

Probably because it wasn't intentional or malicious. Get over it already.

But did you see his childlike enthusiasm when he hit that guys knees?

Come on guys, he's just having fun out there.

Come on guys, he's just having fun out there.

Yeah. He's just bein' a kid agin. Ah them memories of growin' up in Hattiesburg flingin' that football through that ol' tireswing.

Last edited:

Nope. I don't wish serious injury on any of those guys. When they pull a stunt like Favre did last night, then I will.

Same hit was legal last season. He'll get fined and serve as an example to others. There's no need to wish injury upon him, or anyone else.

I wonder if Favre better have his head on a swivel the next time he throws a pick. Some DB on another team might decide to show him what it's like.

Same hit was legal last season. He'll get fined and serve as an example to others. There's no need to wish injury upon him, or anyone else.

Sadly I don't see Duhdell fining Favre enough to really make an example out of him. By that I'm meaning the fine will be some weak $10,000 fine that is pocket change for Favre. Pocket change that he'll easily get back from all the merchandise that is selling like it was water in a freakin desert here in Minny.

Sadly I don't see Duhdell fining Favre enough to really make an example out of him. By that I'm meaning the fine will be some weak $10,000 fine that is pocket change for Favre. Pocket change that he'll easily get back from all the merchandise that is selling like it was water in a freakin desert here in Minny.

Goodell's been handing out ridiculously high fines as if they were slices of cake at a child's birthday party. I expect Favre to take a decent hit to the wallet.

Goodell's been handing out ridiculously high fines as if they were slices of cake at a child's birthday party.

Is it chocolate cake? If not then can it at least be a Dairy Queen frozen ice cream cake? Because those things are the bomb.

I expect Favre to take a decent hit to the wallet.

We'll wait and see. My gut feeling is $10,000 but I can (and 99.9999% chance) am wrong.

Is it chocolate cake? If not then can it at least be a Dairy Queen frozen ice cream cake? Because those things are the bomb.

I actually prefer Carvel, oddly enough. For some reason, I really like that chocolate stuff they put in between the layers. It's odd, because I'm really not that big a fan of chocolate as a general rule.

I actually prefer Carvel, oddly enough. For some reason, I really like that chocolate stuff they put in between the layers. It's odd, because I'm really not that big a fan of chocolate as a general rule.

Odd. The DQ locations around here also have the chocolate crunchies. Tho from the Carvel website the ones they offer actually look better.

Still no trace of this on ESPN.com

Instead they have the exciting back and forth between Clinton Portis and John Riggans up on the headlines, among other earth-shattering happenings :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back