PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Favre fined $10,000 for Illegal Block (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OT: Dirtbird Favrequad needs to be fined for illegal hit

How about this - leave the childish namecalling to the children. I don't like Favre anymore than anyone else but that sort of ad hominem name poetry only serves to detract from the reason most of us come here, the occasional compelling or informative post about the Patriots.

man fnord, you're as annoying here as you are on SA :p

fnord is a pretty known member here on patsfan....(at least by my standards)....

i would recommend u let this go, its no big deal....

however, i do agree with teh idea of an eye for an eye in this scenario

How about this - leave the childish namecalling to the children. I don't like Favre anymore than anyone else but that sort of ad hominem name poetry only serves to detract from the reason most of us come here, the occasional compelling or informative post about the Patriots.
You say ad hominem, I say descriptive...and in your case peevish. Now, if you truly can't tolerate my calling a dirtbird a dirtbird, please place me on ignore and spare your poor inflamed eyes.

Which are you again?

:confused2:

From what I'm informed, I'm apparently both and either, depending upon the day, my mood, and the alignment of the stars.

Last edited:

:confused2:

From what I'm informed, I'm apparently both and either, depending upon the day, my mood, and the alignment of the stars.
You and your stars, you'd think by now you'd find a garage that could keep them aligned.

You and your stars, you'd think by now you'd find a garage that could keep them aligned.

Well, from all I read around here, the problem is apparently that Maroney has been dancing with them.

Well, from all I read around here, the problem is apparently that Maroney has been dancing with them.
Maroney has been dancing with garage mechanics? That would explain your alignment issues.

Maroney has been dancing with garage mechanics? That would explain your alignment issues.

But it would disappoint all the posters here that think he's been dancing with stars.

Maybe one of the mechanics is from a reality show like American Chopper?

But it would disappoint all the posters here that think he's been dancing with stars.

Maybe one of the mechanics is from a reality show like American Chopper?
What's so real about chopping Americans? Unless you think the anti-Maroney crowd are Al Queda operatives!

All the more reason to despise Brett Favre.

Im amazed you hav'nt been banned with that surly attitude. Moderators I hope you dont let this guy get away with this crap. It makes people want to avoid these forums.

Heh, 19 posts and you're already telling the mods how to do their jobs. If you think that's ban-worthy, then you should probably just leave now, because that's minor. And besides, fnord made a good point.

Back to the main point: that was a dirty block. Just weak all around, although it's a little more forgivable because Favre was obviously out of his element, being a blocking QB and all. He also tweaked his throwing shoulder on the block, so I think it's safe to say that it was at least partly him just being totally inept at blocking, which isn't really surprising. Doesn't change the fact that it's just flat-out unacceptable though.

I'm honestly kind of surprised that no Houston defenders tried to get retribution on Favre. Demeco Ryans absolutely blew some guy up a couple plays later, and things definitely started getting chippy, but nobody seemed to go after Favre at all (probably knew that that was a season-long suspension waiting to happen if they did).

Last edited:

Heh, 19 posts and you're already telling the mods how to do their jobs. If you think that's ban-worthy, then you should probably just leave now, because that's minor. And besides, fnord made a good point.

Back to the main point: that was a dirty block. Just weak all around, although it's a little more forgivable because Favre was obviously out of his element, being a blocking QB and all. He also tweaked his throwing shoulder on the block, so I think it's safe to say that it was at least partly him just being totally inept at blocking, which isn't really surprising. Doesn't change the fact that it's just flat-out unacceptable though.

I'm honestly kind of surprised that no Houston defenders tried to get retribution on Favre. Demeco Ryans absolutely blew some guy up a couple plays later, and things definitely started getting chippy, but nobody seemed to go after Favre at all (probably knew that that was a season-long suspension waiting to happen if they did).
Good, VERY good IMO....all of it.

What was fnord's point?

Give Favre a break...he set up his ballwashers for the night by sharing he MIGHT have a cracked rib incase looked like **** and then he took his best shot at being a warrior (albeit a dirtbag warrior) so his teamates would warm to him...

He has to do some things designed to maintain the focus on him as the season approaches or what was the point of unretiring again... He could give a you know what about how he impacts anyone elses career in the process. This NFL season is all about him...

His Lordship should've indeed been made to pay for his cheapshot. This is the only way to ensure that dirty hits from dirty players are kept to a first-time offense. The NHL used to be fairly effective at this brand of frontier justice, until the infestation of Eurotrash, esp. the Eastern Eurotrash, arrived.

I was pleasantly surprised that the MNF announcers showed their disapproval of what Favre did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes