PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Favre Decision Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

NE_PATS_FAN_54

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-packers-favresfuture&prov=ap&type=lgns

MILWAUKEE (AP) -- Brett Favre has scheduled a Saturday morning news conference, where he is expected to announce whether he'll return to play for the Green Bay Packers this season.

Becky Stuart, a personal assistant to the Favre family, confirmed that the news conference would be held at Favre's charity golf tournament in Tunica, Miss.

For the good of the Packers and the fans hopefully he will announce his retirement. He has nothing left to prove and they aren't ready to return to the Super Bowl. There's alot to be said of retiring a local hero.

The only bad thing about a retirement is you know he will show up as an analyst or something on some network so he can continue to glorify his massive ego.

Enjoy the one ring Brett.

I don't see why you would call a PC to announce you are reporting to work, so....if he does shame on him. He has become somewhat the drama queen over the last few seasons, so nothing he says tomorrow will surprise me.

When it becomes apparent you aren't going to have the chance to go out on top, it would have been nice to see him at least willingly mentor a successor, considering how erratic he has been the last few seasons and how incredibly loyal Packer fans have been to a guy who QB'ed the team to a lone superbowl almost a decade ago. But he wouldn't do that either. Cost a very loyal coach what was thought to be nearly a lifetime job by NFL standards.

It's funny but he and Bledsoe, though their perceptions and skill sets are very different, shared the early career buzz of that Superbowl appearance. And it was as if in both cases it just entrenched them in the mentality that they could do it their way and the rest of their team should just revolve around them. Neither appeared willing to work on refining their game, or tolerate criticism of their style, I think because gunslinger mentality got them that far that fast. And in both cases when they failed miserably it was always somebody elses fault.

That's the beauty of Brady. He didn't let early success or ego warp his self image and he didn't set out to be a certain type of QB. All he wanted was to be a winning QB, and even after 3 superbowls that attitude hasn't changed - he's willing to do whatever it takes to insure whatever team is assembled around him wins. Including shoulder more than his share of the blame when they don't.

Lord Farve YOUR OUT!!!!!!

I won't be able to sleep tonight. The anticipation is killing me.

This is the biggest NFL story since where will Aaron Brooks sign after the Saints let him go.

I can feel it in my bones! Lord Favre is finally gonna come out and give a firm, solid, unequivocal "Maybe"!!!

:D :D

re

Brett Favre: 'After much deliberation, talking with my family and loved ones, and soul searching about my passion and goals... I have decided to RETURN for another season!!!'
Crowd: < Packers fans in attendance audibly GROAN>

The downside to his retiring would be the national football media frenzy. Would make the months long Jerry Rice-a-thon tributes pale in comparison. After all this is Brett Fav-rah. The upside would be no more Sunday and Monday night Packer games. :D

He had himself a nice career, though.

Didn't the NFL already set some nationally televised games geared to Favre coming back?

Tunescribe said:
Didn't the NFL already set some nationally televised games geared to Favre coming back?

They have 3 prime time games. No one has more than 4. Teams with similar 2005 records to the Packers (Hou, TEN, BUF) have none.

I like Farve..but really..he is so yesterday. Would you take Farve over Brady?

tdw777 said:
I like Farve..but really..he is so yesterday. Would you take Farve over Brady?

I would not take 1996 Favre over Brady. Never. Not in a million years. He was never half the QB Brady is now and was overrated most of his career.

OOOOH I can hardly wait. I might have to set my DVR.

Last edited:
yeah, it's hard to imagine TB not winning a SB on the '97 Packers...

Davis scored with 1:45 remaining, giving the Broncos a 31-24 lead (Holmgren later said he let Davis score to give the Packers more time on the clock for a potentially game-tying drive -- same thing BB did against Carolina)...The Packers returned the kickoff 22 yards to the 30-yard line, and advanced to the Broncos' 35-yard line with 1:04 left in the game. But then Favre threw three incomplete passes, enabling the Broncos to take the ball back and run out the clock for the victory.

That was his prime...Brett had a few great seasons -- but has been average to horrible over the past five years. It's time to stop comparing ANYONE to TB and start realizing just how lucky we are right now.

Add me to the "sick of hearing about Farve" list..... He's jecking around his team by not letting him know his intentions and he's done anyway! He had some good years and a couple of great ones (96). But come on, Brett, give it up already...... sheeesh!

Tunescribe said:

Not only that, butsince the schedule has come out, the NFL network has hyped the thing to death "Brett Favre's final game at Lambau?", etc. Enough to make me wanna hurl.

How I would love to have the Packers make the decision for him. " Forget the press conference Brett, we've decided to go in a different direction. Thank you for your many years of service".

I know it will never happen, but I can dream can't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back