PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Favre: Brady best QB in NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Favre is the man.

I don't know if I can hold it against Favre that the media adored him to a nauseating and hypocritical level (I think the media love affair with Favre outdoes PM). He can't control the media, and we know the media is largely a silly, un-serious mass of temperamental illogic. However, couple that absurd level of Favre ball washing with the reported disturbing and over the top behavior he (if media reports were true) pushed on that Jets woman makes his opinion not too worthy of hearing (at least to me it isn't).

With that said, he thinks Brady is the best. This is the opinion of the legendary QB Bret Favre. How could he be wrong :)?

I've always loved Favre. My friends and I used to have a term we used as an inside joke when we bestowed greatness on something. We called it "Favre status."

"That was an awesome movie."

"Favre status?"

"Favre status."

My 2nd favorite quarterback of all time and the only Jet I couldn't bring myself to hate.

I love in his documentary
<-- found here

He pulls a fellow Packer aside and whispers to him, "Coach keeps saying nickel. Nickel, nickel. What's nickel?"

Starting NFL QB didn't even know what a nickel defense was. lol.

Go Favre!

Brett Favre would know what a good QB looks like since he spent so many years being a mediocre one.

Hard to take a site serious when they have 16-1 TD ration - Pretty sure it was 14-0 Before the Denver game and 18-1 afterwards.. The Side Showed there QBs stats ( Manning )

If what we have seen from Favre before is any indication then he will surely change his mind in the next few days just like with his retirement

Brett Favre would know what a good QB looks like since he spent so many years being a mediocre one.

Whaaa'?! That's blasphemy, man.

He held the all time TD record until stat-padder extraordinaire finally beat it two weeks ago after a career of throwing passes on the goal line

Favre is a bad ass.

All of these ball washing opinions 6 weeks removed from the Kansas City debacle show the fickle nature of appraisal in professional sports.

Yeah, no doubt. I give Favre a pass but everyone else except Skip Bayless can F off.

He held the all time TD record

Favre is tough. That's his thing and I don't think anyone will take that away from him. But his per game stats are utterly pedestrian and if you shorten his career you get a decent but forgettable QB. Favre's legacy is due entirely to his toughness and John Madden promoting the 'gunslinger' stuff.

Favre doesn't even crack my top 20 all-time QBs. Toughest all time? Yeah I'll give him that without a doubt, but what does it matter when his toughness lets him throw more INTs?

Favre is tough. That's his thing and I don't think anyone will take that away from him. But his per game stats are utterly pedestrian and if you shorten his career you get a decent but forgettable QB. Favre's legacy is due entirely to his toughness and John Madden promoting the 'gunslinger' stuff.

Favre doesn't even crack my top 20 all-time QBs. Toughest all time? Yeah I'll give him that without a doubt, but what does it matter when his toughness lets him throw more INTs?

He should have had two rings and he was pure intangibles and a total boss. His INT record will never be broken (not that its a badge of honor by itself) because never again in the future history of the NFL will a QB come along that will throw so many of them yet still be so worth it to keep on the field. Very few QB's would I take before Favre. Maybe 5 or 6 all time. I'd draft him over Peyton. People might say that's crazy but I don't think so at all since my goal would be to win real football games and not fantasy ones in September.

Favre is Favre-status. He's an OG.

So much hate!

He held the all time TD record until stat-padder extraordinaire finally beat it two weeks ago after a career of throwing passes on the goal line

Favre is a bad ass.

Favre was Manning before Manning was Manning, they're both stat padders with one super bowl win.

Ah shoot, I fell for it. Now I feel silly!

Favre and P Manning are almost identical. If you needed a QB to give you an INT in a big moment those would be your first two choices.

Favre is a bad ass.
Overrated bad ass...

Favre and P Manning are almost identical. If you needed a QB to give you an INT in a big moment those would be your first two choices.
Nah , I would have to give that honor to Tony Romo. But its close

Favre is a bad ass.

You mean Favre is a DUMB ass.

One of the stupidest qbs in history. Billion dollar ability, ten cent brain.

This proclamation from him means nothing. After filming his comments, he took a swig and proclaimed Schlitz "The Best Beer Ever".

Last edited:
Just a week ago Manning was the best. Indecisive on and off the field. Shut up old man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back