Welcome to PatsFans.com

Favourite Star Trek Series

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by Denism, Dec 30, 2006.

?

How do you feel about this game?

Poll closed Jan 15, 2007.
  1. Yes, I honestly have a good feeling the Patriots will win.

75.3%
  2. No, I honestly feel that SD is just too good for the Patriots to beat.

24.7%
  1. Denism

Denism Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Hi Guys, Which Star Trek Series is your Favourite & Why:D

2. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Anyone who says Voyager should be beaten about the head.

3. Michael

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

OK TOS. Because it is the original (obviously) and more importantly because it was the best written. No, not always. Each series had it's clinkers. TOS had episodes like Spock's Brain, TNG had Firstborn. The mistake with TNG (that carried on to future incarnations of Trek) was it always tried to have two story lines. A main plot and a sub-plot. Which took away from the complexity of the main plot and the sub-plot was never interesting. On TOS they spent 1 hour dealing with one crisis. No side story about Nurse Chapel's emotional problems. TOS also had some of the best SciFi writers there are. Such as Harlan Ellison. Who wrote The City on the Edge of Forever. TOS is often on the same par as The Twilight Zone.Although I enjoyed TNG and DS9 none of the series were on the same level for just pure quality of script and acting. I know the TOS actors take a lot of grief for their some times over the top acting but it was in line with the comic book style of direction, lighting/color and story lines. It could be dark but it was also often quite humorous. My favorite TOS episode remains A Piece of The Action. As I mentioned there were some clinker episodes but, those aside I can watch every episode again and again and again. Like Casablanca is just perfect story telling. My favorite TNG would have to be Inner Light. I use to be much more critical of TNG. But, I find more now that I can also watch most of those episodes again and again.

4. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I like TNG because it wasn't just about future technology; but about how people might think and interact many years from now. It wasn't just about evolved toys, like Photon Torpedoes or transporters. It was also about a complete lack of religion and money for example. Except, of course, for the 'lesser' species, like Ferengies. That's not to say that I don't like TOS, I just prefer TNG.

I'm very disappointed in all of you for not watching Enterprise btw. I thought that show had some possibilities until they got desperate at the end.

5. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,733 / 19 / -12

Disable Jersey

I only watched the 1st series. Spotty but pioneering. Some great episodes (see Michael's post).

Oh and Star Trek fans are Langers.

(I learned it on the Internet)

6. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +269 / 11 / -11

I loved the original at the time, but now it seems so corny and dated. Next Generation wasn't bad, but I thought Picard was too affected and his second was a really bland character. Deep Space Nine I seldom watched, but never found it engaging. Enterprise was pretty good in a very straightforward way, but was the least imaginative. That leaves Voyager. I thought that was the best of the series (Michael's threat notwithstanding ;)). I found it imaginative, a little more sophisticated than the other series, and liked Janeway, Seven of Nine, and some of the other characters as well.

7. Denism

Denism Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

LOL Hey, thats a Cork / Irish curse word so unless your part irish, your not allowed to use it;)

Nice Post Michael, but GR said himself that TNG was the way he wanted to do TOS but because of time & Money Restrictions, he wasnt able to.

8. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,733 / 19 / -12

Disable Jersey

Last edited: Jan 1, 2007
  9. Na_polian

Na_polian On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I will not taunt the Football Gods. Karma, ya know.

10. denverpatsfan

denverpatsfan PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

"Trouble With Tribles" is BY FAR the best ST episode EVER. That includes all these "new" seasons that have apparently been running for the last couple years.

11. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +515 / 13 / -12

#24 Jersey

I voted that we'll lose. Feel free to laugh at me when we win :D

12. Michael

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

They can win this as long as they play perfect. I know that's almost clicheÂŽat this point but, it's true. :D

Just think there is a thread somewhere about Sunday's game that has Star Trek poll over it. :rofl:

13. Patriot Artist

Patriot Artist On the Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Toss TOS and throw in TNG too. I'll take both series as being my favorites.

Never felt as much of a connection w/ DS9, Voyager or Enterprise, although I really tried w/ Archer's crew.

The Patriot Artist predicts the Pats will blow out Chargers, 42 - 17.

14. GO_BRONCOS

GO_BRONCOS Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

NE has no chance against SD...

welcome to offseason..:D

15. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +112 / 2 / -3

As great as the original is, in all its campyness, I think its TNG... Picard was a more refined character that still had his faults... some inventive story lines on time travel and other theoretical sci fi topics ... of course all the Star Treks would try to weave in social issues of the day.

I loved the original series where you had the half black half white guy fighting the half white, half black guy... very subtle guys... think you could hit us over the head harder with your social commentary?

Gotta love the TNG series (or maybe it was Deep Space Nine) where Worf travels back to the original Enterprise where the Klingons - sans head ribs - are fighting... they just avoid the issue of the different Klingon look with Worf saying "its a long story"

Of course, I'll always have a special place in my "heart" for Seven of Nine. She gave a whole new meaning to the concept of "Borg Implants"

16. frankiesfly

frankiesfly Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Star trek hands down is the worst TV show ever of all time in the history of television.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2007
  17. QB12

QB12 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +20 / 1 / -5

#12 Jersey

Unlike before last year's game at Denver, it didn't occur to me until a brief, fleeting moment today, that next week would be any different than this week - namely, that the Patriots will win their game against SD. I really believe we're going all the way for 4 in 6 in '06. We just have that 'look' again. You can see it in Brady's face.

QB12

18. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

TNG had some brilliant writing and story lines. They examined the human condition very deeply IMO. My favorite was the one about the worker robots that were behaving in a conscious, self-preserving way, and it caused a moral dilema about "what is alive?". Jonathan Frakes sucked, though.

The Borg episodes were great, too, even better when mixed with the "Q"...

...OK, I'm a geek!

19. Michael

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Oh please share with us what you consider to be a great or even good TV show. [​IMG]

20. Pat the Pats Fan

Pat the Pats Fan In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

#50 Jersey

She really looked good in the uniform.....