PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

favourite match of 2007/8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Muhozi

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
there has been quite a few threads which have made you just wana say WHYYYYYYY?!?!?!?!!!

well just like the name of the thread i want to know what is your favourite match of 2007/8 season and why, it can be patriots or non patriots match, lets just get back to talking about football not who would win in a (insert stupid idea here) (insert 2 people here) situation

for me my favourite match of last season was the last game of the regular season, patriots vs giants, it was a beautiful game, that just had you on the edge of your seat, especially since what was at stake for us, the records of 23, 16-0 and 50, the fact the giants actually made a game out of it is what surprised me, and i really did enjoy it, heck i was even surprised my eli's performance, overall that was my favourite match of 2007/8

what about you people

Patriots vs. Colts.

a why would help too :D

Because it was the two best teams in the NFL (at the time), at full strength, playing the hardest football of the season.

Plus:
-Blocking Vinatieri
-Shutting the Colts down in the red zone when it mattered
-Randy's one-hander over the middle
-Donte's pushout on the sideline
-Overcoming a team record in penalties (questionable ones, too)
-Randy hauling in the long bomb
-Faulk diving to the endzone
-"WE ARE NOT FINISHED"
-Rosie spiking the ball on the horseshoe
-"YOU ******* SUCK"

Last edited:
a why would help too :D

Patriots vs. Colts is 'nuf ced. But of you must, Pats - Colts is probably the most heralded rivalry in sports after Red Sox - Yankees, both teams are good every year, Brady vs. Manning, Belichick vs. Dungy, etc., winner may have inside track to home field in AFCCG...

Pats v Cowboys

The fact that I went to big D for the game helps, the fact that I was with a cowboys fan helped, the game was great, and it had the two greatest non impact plays I have ever seen.

One Moss made a ridiculous attempt at a catch in the endzone, he only kept one foot in and caught the ball but didn't maintain control to the ground but it was the most spectacular attempt at a catch that didn't wind up as a reception I have ever seen.

two Marion Barbers 3 yard run that lasted forever, taking him thru all four corners of the end zone and wound up as a three yard gain when we all thuoght we had a sure safety. Marion is a beast of a back.

The first Pats/Chargers game.

Moss first home game as a Pat. The week long spygate BS. LT running his mouth all over the place all week long and all offseason really.

Gilette was absolutely electric that night. After the Pats players were introduced they introduced BB as head coach and the place just went crazy. Then the blowout commenced.

Vs. Ravens

A match that everyone thought would be a pushover & blowout ended up being one of the hardest fought victories in the season with the D stepping up when we needed it most.

I remember I made myself a drink to watch the game but never touched it while it was on since every snap & play ended up being crucial for the pats.

Moss first home game as a Pat. The week long spygate BS. LT running his mouth all over the place all week long and all offseason really.

Gilette was absolutely electric that night. After the Pats players were introduced they introduced BB as head coach and the place just went crazy. Then the blowout commenced.

I did not like that game very much

I have two - the regular season and playoff games against the Colts:

1) Regular season, nobody was giving us a chance. Sproles returns a kickoff and punt for touchdowns. And of course, intercepting Peyton 6 times was priceless.

2) Playoffs, again, nobody giving us a chance. Nothing like shutting up the loudest stadium full of red-necks.

As for the Pats, the final regular season game against the Giants was epic - one of the most exciting games I've ever watched.

Last edited:
Chargers @ Colts
-The 13-3 defending Super Bowl champs/rivals fall to Billy Volek and the LT-less Chargers at home. Loudest I cheered all season for a non-Pats game

Colts @ Chargers
-Manning 6 INT/ AV missing the game winning chip shot / Cromartie being a BEAST

Dallas @ Buffalo
-Romo 5 INT / Comeback despite being down big + Romo / Insane ending / 2007's Bears-Cardinals

As for the Pats games...

Holy **** I was just trying to think of a list and it's really tough. I guess I'll go with...

1) Pats/Colts (Most anticipated game of the year lives up to it all)
2) Pats/Chargers (Spygate RAGE)
3) Pats @ Bills (This was just a ******* party, straight up)

Pats v Cowboys

The fact that I went to big D for the game helps, the fact that I was with a cowboys fan helped, the game was great, and it had the two greatest non impact plays I have ever seen.

One Moss made a ridiculous attempt at a catch in the endzone, he only kept one foot in and caught the ball but didn't maintain control to the ground but it was the most spectacular attempt at a catch that didn't wind up as a reception I have ever seen.

two Marion Barbers 3 yard run that lasted forever, taking him thru all four corners of the end zone and wound up as a three yard gain when we all thuoght we had a sure safety. Marion is a beast of a back.

I was at this game as well and yes, that Moss non-catch was incredible. One of the best catches I have ever seen. Too bad the refs said he was out-of-bounds.

I was at this game as well and yes, that Moss non-catch was incredible. One of the best catches I have ever seen. Too bad the refs said he was out-of-bounds.

Where were your seats?

I was in the front row in that endzone...it was also the endzone that the near safety happened in too. Our seats were awsome(although the action was on the other side more). It was so cool when they were right there it was like watching the game from the prospective of the QB, to see a reciever down field you had to kinda peer thru the line, you cuold really see the holes develope in the run game.

My seats at Gillette are sideline at about the 30, which normally I perfer, but it is nice to change things up and see the game from the endzone perspective. I usually sit endzone on the road because its cheaper.

If I remember correctly, he was ruled in bounds but basically dropped the ball right when he landed. I was under the impression that if he had held it, it would have been ruled a catch.

I'm not trying to nitpick, just saying that it really was an incredible non-catch due to the fact that he got his toetips in.

Because it was the two best teams in the NFL (at the time), at full strength, playing the hardest football of the season.

Plus:
-Blocking Vinatieri
-Shutting the Colts down in the red zone when it mattered
-Randy's one-hander over the middle
-Donte's pushout on the sideline
-Overcoming a team record in penalties (questionable ones, too)
-Randy hauling in the long bomb
-Faulk diving to the endzone
-"WE ARE NOT FINISHED"
-Rosie spiking the ball on the horseshoe
-"YOU ******* SUCK"
Lol.. Wow, if you really think we were at full strength that game.. We were very banged up. Not making excuses for losing, but just saying, we weren't at our best. We had a couple big time guys out for the game.

and LT on the sideline saying, "What are you all laughing about? We are getting our butt kicked out there!"

Lol.. Wow, if you really think we were at full strength that game.. We were very banged up. Not making excuses for losing, but just saying, we weren't at our best. We had a couple big time guys out for the game.

And the pats hadn't had their bye week yet, plus Sammy Morris was done. It sure sounds to me like you're making excuses for losing. The two teams were as close as they were going to be all season. Is this really what you want to turn this thread into?

Week 1 at the Jets....before all hell broke loose.

My favorite game :)D) of 2007?

I don't have one.

The games were either:

(A) Blowout wins
(B) Close wins with poor play
(C) Close losses with poor play

This is the first year of the dynasty that the playoff wins weren't the best games of the season. Thinking back on previous years where the Pats went to the Super Bowl the play off games would've by far been the most popular(Oakland, Pitts x2, Indy x2). Those games were all so epic. This year the playoff games were snoozers.

My favorites were San Diego and Indy. Baltimore was a great one too...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes