PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Favorite scoring/non-scoring play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Just curious . . . what were your favorite plays (so far) this year?

For non-scoring plays, my favorite HAS to be Brady faking out Urlacher.

For scoring plays, I've got to go with Chad Jackson's TD scamper into the end zone (afterwards, you could see Brady asking him, "What the **** was that?").

I liked Maroney's run against Cincy where he chucked the db aside. Power and speed. Good days ahead with this kid.

Non-scoring. Have to agree with you there.

Brady's spinning catch and throw off his back foot for a TD has to be my favorite touchdown-called-back-by-obvious-penalty play of the year.

The Brady juke on Urlacher is the play of the year, scoring or not.

Honorable mentions:

1. Samuel's pick to seal the Bears game. That was right out of Deion Sanders' playbook circa 1994.

2. Reche Caldwell's 62yd TD vs. Tennessee. Finally the Pats hit on a long one in a tight game.

3. Dave Thomas' TD vs. Jacksonville. Perfect pass over the linebacker and right inbetween the safeties.

4. Maroney's long TD run vs. Cincy. Beware the stiffarm!

Regards,
Chris

Cant remember which game it was but 1) Maroney took a screen pass from Brady and juked the DB out of his jock for a TD,
2)Caldwell caught a pass at around the 10-15 yd marker and slipped two defenders that should have had him to score.(That was in the home game against the Jets)

My favorite scoring play, that has to be "12 roses $57, candlelight trap leftovers, rocket." :)

My favorie non-scoring play, I'm not sure I have one of those...:(

My favorite scoring play, that has to be "12 roses $57, candlelight trap leftovers, rocket." :)

My favorie non-scoring play, I'm not sure I have one of those...:(

I said scoring play, Box, not scoring ploy. :D

My favorite plays all year, scoring or not, are when LoMo gets a head of steam going and just churns upfield for about 30 yds. We're always yelling, "There he goes again!!" A couple of those on Sunday would be sweet!!

P.S. - Box, does your wife say "Priceless" after you put those moves on her?

I enjoyed the fake-out of Urlacher, but I think my favorite non-score was a penalty: Wilfork tossing Pennington to the ground during the first Jets game (roughing the passer). T-shirt put a pic of that in the Wallpaper that week, I believe.

My favorite score was the D. Thomas TD catch v. the Jags.

My favorite plays all year, scoring or not, are when LoMo gets a head of steam going and just churns upfield for about 30 yds. We're always yelling, "There he goes again!!" A couple of those on Sunday would be sweet!!

P.S. - Box, does your wife say "Priceless" after you put those moves on her?
Now Deb, you should know from the antipathy you often feel for me that I'm flying solo in life. ;)

For the sake of something different, Corey's td vs the Bengals was my favorite scoring play. You could see how much that meant to him.

My favorite non-scoring play was Maroney's kick off return @ the Bills where the Bills had just scored and had all the momentum. He changed field position and momentum. The pats went right in and scored and that was more or less the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes