PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Favorite Rodney Harrison Moment???

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is very sad. Maybe if my team got to the superbowl four straight times and couldn't win one of them, I'd be trolling winning team's message boards trying to make their fans feel bad too.
Very sad indeed.

No, very sad would be a come back that's 20 years old. Try looking in the visitor forums at the Bills bashing threads. My slant is playful compared to what goes on in there.

Last edited:
My favorite Rodney Harrison moments are when he was voted the dirtiest player in the NFL, three years in a row. Also, when he couldn't knock the ball out of David Tyree's hands which cost the Patriots the Super Bowl. Ah, the memories.

Ahhhhhh.

That's a little look under the hood of the Jealousy that flows rapidly thru the rest of the leagues fan base.

What Peekaboo? No Spygate or HGH reference to round out the hate? Come on, we expect better.

Last edited:
Ahhhhhh.

That's a little look under the hood of the Jealousy that flows rapidly thru the rest of the leagues fan base.

What Peekaboo? No Spygate or HGH reference to round out the hate? Come on, we expect better.

Nah, Harrison had nothing to do with spygate and the HGH was done by several players.

I'm having a hard time singling out a great individual moment, but I remember BB telling him several times after an AFC Championship victory: "I'm glad we got you..." My sentiments exactly.

The pick six against Pittsburgh in the AFCCG. They threatening to score on that drive and get back in the game and Rodney's interception return pretty much killed their little momentum and kept the game in our favor.

Yeah, that was a great play by Rodney, baiting the Rookie QB into that throw to the Tight End. Classic Rodney play for sure.

Not my most painful Steelers moment, that goes to Neil O' and always will.

The playoof int's of course.

The thing that stuck in my head was the story of why Rodney came to the Pats. HE was all but signed by the Raiders.HE recounts how instead of taking him out for a fancy dinner they went to Charlie Browns and BB told him how he was planning on using Rodney and about how he admired the way Rodney did his pregame warmup. Rodney was impressed that it was about football here, he went for the steak over the sizzle and signed with the Pats.

Love the guy only regret he didn't spend his entire career as a Patriot.

BINGO!!!!

The story also goes that BB was showing him around the facilities....just opening doors to room sthat had the lights off saying things like..."Here is the weight room" then shutting the door..."here is the film room" etc.

rodney couldn't see any of it, but knew that none of that was important when after BB told him, he could care less about his knee, he saw how rodney played on film, and they wanted him.

Last edited:
After Super Bowl 38, Rodney's first Super Bowl. The confetti was falling down all around him, his arm in a sling. He was just standing there in amazement, crying that he had just won a Super Bowl. Shortly after that he walks up to Bill Belichick, gives him a hug and says something to the effect of "Thank you for picking me sir". To me, that shows his love and passion for the game.

anyone know where i can find this video on the net??? :confused:

I'll add another vote for the pick six against the Steelers in the playoffs. I have a autographed photo of the moment, I love seeing Belichick in the background with his hand ups in the air as Harrison starts to run with the ball...:D

04SBHarrisonRodney_small.jpg

Rodney's "wing flap" up the field after the SB XXXIX sealing interception off of Donovan McNabb. Rodney should've been the MVP of that SB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes