PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Favorite Rodney Harrison Moment???

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you go to Gridiron Authentics website they have autographed photos of the interception that you are talking about. I have the same one, and it comes with a Certificate of Authenticity. I would have PM'ed you but I dont have enough posts.

thanks i will check that out . . . I did find it again on the Globe store last night so might buy it there . . . but thanks a million for your tip . . .

Are we talking on or off the field. 'Cause he may have already provided me with my favorite Rodney Harrison vs. Tony Dungy as an NBC analyst moment:

Rodney Harrison wasn't kidding about not holding back in his role as a football analyst.

On a conference call today for NBC -- which officially announced Harrison and Tony Dungy as analysts -- the topic of the Colts' assistant coaching issues came up (Tom Moore and Howard Mudd resigned), specifically in how Peyton Manning publicly expressed his frustrations.

Dungy answered first, before Harrison stepped in and said:

"This is something I've discussed with Coach Dungy and I think it gives Tom Brady the edge over Peyton Manning in terms of leadership. If this went on in New England, it wouldn't come out publicly. He wouldn't make a big fuss over it. So many guys are looking up to [Peyton] that once they sense panic, they get nervous. You have to control your emotions and not allow these things to get outside the walls. I have a lot of respect for Peyton Manning, but this is a guy that needs to control his emotions."

Dungy then stepped back in and said, "I'm not sure I would agree it was panic."

To which Harrison responded: "As a player, it's your job to play football. This is OTAs. It's not even minicamp yet. There is no sense of panicing. These things can be worked out. He's been running the same offense for 11 years, it's not like it's new to him. That disappointed me, for him to publicly come out and say things. I thought it was a sense of panic."

Rodney Harrison football analyst...:youtheman:

Patriots blog - Reiss' Pieces - Boston.com

Amen. There will be no "political correctness." He will be as he played: All In.

Reminds me of what he did to Bingo in his first practice... Hasn't even been on camera yet and he's already kicked two of the NFL most sacred cows, Favre and Manning, square in the nuts...:beatingcoming:

Tommorow is gonna be a sad day for me.....Rodney Harrison is/was truly my favorite Patriot (despite of where he played before his Pats career)

So PatsFans, tell me, what was your favorite Rodney Harrison moment???

On the field my favorite moment was the preseason game against the Titans where Rodney introduced his shoulder to Vince Young's face

Off the field (and my absolute favorite) was when he was commented after the third superbowl win that he had more catches in that game then freddie mitchell did....priceless!
The INT of Roethlesburger in the 2004 AFC championship. Easily.

After one of the '03 playoff wins (maybe Indy?) his exchange with BB that went something like:

BB: I'm glad we have you
RH: Thanks for believing in me, noone else did
BB: Aw you know it

And they hugged.

That one's my favorite[no homo]. You could see how happy Rodney was to be a Patriot.

In light of Rodney's announcement today, I decided to put together a little tribute video for him over at our site 091409.com. Rodney was always one of my favorite Pats, and I am going to really miss not seeing him on the field this year.

def. the interception vs. The eagles in the superbowl I got a lot of sh*t for that game, but took it all with a smile lol especially after the freddie Mitchell trash talk which got alot of coverage here. That year I also worked at Lincoln financial field and imagine a young kid in the linc's uni screaming at the top of his lungs @ rodney during preseason he turns and I go pats!!!! Lol I couldve thought of something more witty to say in hindsight.

The playoof int's of course.

The thing that stuck in my head was the story of why Rodney came to the Pats. HE was all but signed by the Raiders.HE recounts how instead of taking him out for a fancy dinner they went to Charlie Browns and BB told him how he was planning on using Rodney and about how he admired the way Rodney did his pregame warmup. Rodney was impressed that it was about football here, he went for the steak over the sizzle and signed with the Pats.

Love the guy only regret he didn't spend his entire career as a Patriot.

His retirement LOL

The playoof int's of course.

The thing that stuck in my head was the story of why Rodney came to the Pats. HE was all but signed by the Raiders.HE recounts how instead of taking him out for a fancy dinner they went to Charlie Browns and BB told him how he was planning on using Rodney and about how he admired the way Rodney did his pregame warmup. Rodney was impressed that it was about football here, he went for the steak over the sizzle and signed with the Pats.

Love the guy only regret he didn't spend his entire career as a Patriot.

I thought it was the Ground Round?

Anyway, the two that always stand out to me are the interception to ice SB 39 (I still think he deserved the MVP of that game) and the end zone INT against the Colts in the 03 AFC title game.

The pick six against Pittsburgh in the AFCCG. They threatening to score on that drive and get back in the game and Rodney's interception return pretty much killed their little momentum and kept the game in our favor.

That's actually the first thing that comes to mind for me too.

Not because it get's replayed on TV, but because it was a signature moment of a championship team - and not just a regular season game. But to me the most significant part of all that is that of all the players on the team, it was Rodney Harrison that was with Bill Belichick.

I'm trying to remember his response; wasn't it 'thank you for believing in me when no one else did', or something like that?

Yea, and Bill says I'm glad we got you, but we still have one more.

It was the AFC Championship Game, not the Super Bowl.

My favorite Rodney Harrison moments are when he was voted the dirtiest player in the NFL, three years in a row. Also, when he couldn't knock the ball out of David Tyree's hands which cost the Patriots the Super Bowl. Ah, the memories.

Last edited:
My favorite Rodney Harrison moments are when he was voted the dirtiest player in the NFL, three years in a row. Also, when he couldn't knock the ball out of David Tyree's hands which cost the Patriots the Super Bowl. Ah, the memories.

This is very sad. Maybe if my team got to the superbowl four straight times and couldn't win one of them, I'd be trolling winning team's message boards trying to make their fans feel bad too.
Very sad indeed.

The playoff game against the Squealers; we had the game but Rodney absolutely NAILED Ben with a huge INT and ran it:D

That was Rodney- never quit and nail 'em good.

That's my favorite too.

I can't think of the numbers off of the top of my head, but when Rodney was on the Pats he may have had more INTs in the playoffs than the regular season.

ya, that Tyree moment sucked, but I've seen that play over and over (why, I don't know), but everytime I realize that it was just a super-human effort by Tyree. Rodney did everything you could hope for to get that ball out.

The pick six against Pittsburgh in the AFCCG. They threatening to score on that drive and get back in the game and Rodney's interception return pretty much killed their little momentum and kept the game in our favor.

Yep, that is my greatest memory too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing