PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Favorite Rodney Harrison Moment???

Status
Not open for further replies.
My favorite memory of Rodney is the pic vs Pit where he took it to the house, seeing Vrabz put Big Ben on his ass was sweet too.

Rodney just seemed like a genuinely good guy, always with a smile on his face. But when he was playing, he meant business.

What I will most remember about him is when he hugged Belichick after the Super Bowl, and Belichick just had a huge smile on his face, and he said, "I am so glad we got you."

Rodney just seemed like a genuinely good guy, always with a smile on his face. But when he was playing, he meant business.

What I will most remember about him is when he hugged Belichick after the Super Bowl, and Belichick just had a huge smile on his face, and he said, "I am so glad we got you."
Yeah, somewhere between that Belichick moment and when he intercepted McNabb to seal SB 39 and ran around flapping his arms.

That was the year he singlehandedly stitched the "patchwork secondary" together.

All heart, great character, gave everything on every play, never quit, not ever. My favorite Patriot, bar none.

I'm glad he decided to announce rather than ref the games, because that means we haven't heard the last from him.

It's not just about the laundry. Who you are makes all the difference.

Go Rodney.

He's such a warrior and great football player it's hard to pick just one moment, but perhaps I'll never forget him on the sideline with his arm in a sling and tears streaming down his face, as he's covered in red/white/blue confetti!

After beating the Colts in the perfect season "We don't talk. We produce!"

That's actually the first thing that comes to mind for me too.

Not because it get's replayed on TV, but because it was a signature moment of a championship team - and not just a regular season game. But to me the most significant part of all that is that of all the players on the team, it was Rodney Harrison that was with Bill Belichick.

I'm trying to remember his response; wasn't it 'thank you for believing in me when no one else did', or something like that?

Definitely the Big Ben INT in the AFC Championship game. Cheers for the service Rodney, you'll be sorely missed!

This has probably been mentioned, but my favorite was in the 07 game against the Ravens. Rodney mouthing off to Billick, and Billick blowing him a kiss. I loved Rodneys onfield personality. He'll be missed. :(

Definitely the pick-6 against the Steelers in the 2004 AFC championship. That was the dagger.

My favorite Rodney moment was not on the field, but the moment he spend with BB on the sideline. That was great!! It was the moment everyone knew he was a true patriot and everything that comes with that: Passion for the game, the will to win.

I will really miss him, was one of my favorite guys on the team.

I can't remember the game but all I remember is a guard pulling out to lead a sweep and Rodney just comes flying in and takes the guy out. Done out of game thanks for playing.

After Super Bowl 38, Rodney's first Super Bowl. The confetti was falling down all around him, his arm in a sling. He was just standing there in amazement, crying that he had just won a Super Bowl. Shortly after that he walks up to Bill Belichick, gives him a hug and says something to the effect of "Thank you for picking me sir". To me, that shows his love and passion for the game.

Against the Titians in that super cold game. A guard comes out on a toss, halfback following about three yards behind. Harrison comes in kamikaze, blows up the guard so bad that he was launched into the tailback. This effectively ended the play. After the guard was blown up, Harrison was standing over the guard, pointing and clearly chirpin at him. Later read in SI that Harrison said, "You 320, I'm 220, how you feel?". Vintage Harrison.

Last edited:
My favorite Rodney moment didn't happen on the field (although there were plenty of those). It was after the Colts game when we opened the season against them and their liquored-up kicker was running his mouth about how the Pats weren't that good, then he lost the game for the Colts when he shanked a chip-shot field goal as time expired. Rodney was interviewed afterwards and was still hyped up, and said things like, "How do you like us now, VanderJerk! VanderStink!" I just thought it was the funniest thng; he was using all the nicknames that we rabid fans make up for the players.

I also like watching the very end of the Carolina superbowl, when poor Rodney is in a sling from the broken arm he suffered during the game, and he's so emotional, saying this is why he plays football, defense wins championships, then he and BB hug, with BB saying "I'm glad we got you." over and over. Good stuff.

Good luck in the broadcast booth Rodney!

Probably every time he took the field. Point being, I don't remember the exact numbers, but the Pats record since he got here and played versus the time he was out is really striking. I'll try and dig it up.

My favorite moment was when Rodney signed with the Pats... I knew we were getting a special player and he didn't let us down. I just wish they'd been able to get him and Seau a ring together...

Here's one that comes to mind.

Attachments

• rodneyharrison.jpg
    rodneyharrison.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 117
After Super Bowl 38, Rodney's first Super Bowl. The confetti was falling down all around him, his arm in a sling. He was just standing there in amazement, crying that he had just won a Super Bowl. Shortly after that he walks up to Bill Belichick, gives him a hug and says something to the effect of "Thank you for picking me sir". To me, that shows his love and passion for the game.

The thing about Rodney that impressed me was that he didn't come out of the game until the play after the play where his forearm snapped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes