PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Favorite place to sit for football games?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Where do you like to sit for football games

• At home, with HDTV

Votes: 32 58.2%
  • Lower bowl, between the 40s

Votes: 9 16.4%
  • Fidelity Club or like section, between the 40s

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Upstairs, between the 40s

• End Zone

• Friend's house or a bar or somewhere else not at the game but not my house

• Somewhere else; specify

Votes: 6 10.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
- No long line to the bathroom. - Hold it

- Air conditioning when it is hot, heating when it is cold, and a roof when it rains. - Man up

- Better food. - Tailgate

- Less expensive beer. - Tailgate and get hammered there

- zero risk of getting arrested for DUI getting home after the game. - if you get wasted before the game you should be good by the time you're driving

- more comfortable seats - Man up

- able to post on patsfans.com during the game. - You wanna read all the chicken littles/extreme homers posts all game?

My wife buys advertising so I'm lucky to get suite tix most games. Boston Globe's box is twice the size of the Herald's, and is smack on the 50, opposite Kraft's box and one level lower. WCVB, Channel 5, shares a smaller box with NStar on the 35. Gatehouse Media (own about 30 small papers around NE) have a box on the corner adjacent to Bill Bellichick's personal box. His girlfriend's a looker, quite the milf. I've been in a couple of others, but those are the notables.

What's not to like? Scam a parking pass and you park right at the suite entrances, and get to zip right out to Rte 1 past all the humanity at game's end. All you can eat clam chowder, lobster rolls, burgers, chicken wings and fingers, loaded nachos, sausages and peppers, ice cream sundaes, brownies, beer and wine, bloody mary's and more. Private baths, a replay and live redzone flatscreen, wide open windows with heat blasting overhead. Not too shabby guys. And it does spoil you, because I'm really just a upper deck kinda guy.

Last edited:
I'm in my 50's with a bad knees so the long walks in and out and standing the whole game just became unenjoyable for me. Thankfully a vendor for the company my wife works for invites us to one or two games a year in their Fidelity seats. No traffic in or out, elevators, wide padded seats with lots of leg room, and a great view from the 40 yard line.

Last edited:
Let's see...my favorite place to sit for home games WAS in my seats in 312 (and in my seats in 223 in the old stadium), complete with pre and post game tailgate and gigantic amounts of beer. But since I've gotten older and now have two little kids, the whole tailgating/going to the game deal takes way too much time. Twice a season is plenty for me. For road games my friends and I had a great tradition of gathering at one of our favorite townie bars and watching the Pats - great memories there! This usually turned into watching the 4 pm game, and the night game out at a local watering hole as well! As you can imagine, Monday mornings were ALWAYS rough from about '95 to '06 :D.
But now, my favorite place to watch the game is at home in peace and quiet - BUT that never happens....thanks kids! :D Actually, the game at Miami was good because both kids were asleep by kickoff and I just sipped beers throughout the game in the living room - not bad at all....

My wife buys advertising so I'm lucky to get suite tix most games. Boston Globe's box is twice the size of the Herald's, and is smack on the 50, opposite Kraft's box and one level lower. WCVB, Channel 5, shares a smaller box with NStar on the 35. Gatehouse Media (own about 30 small papers around NE) have a box on the corner adjacent to Bill Bellichick's personal box. His girlfriend's a looker, quite the milf. I've been in a couple of others, but those are the notables.

What's not to like? Scam a parking pass and you park right at the suite entrances, and get to zip right out to Rte 1 past all the humanity at game's end. All you can eat clam chowder, lobster rolls, burgers, chicken wings and fingers, loaded nachos, sausages and peppers, ice cream sundaes, brownies, beer and wine, bloody mary's and more. Private baths, a replay and live redzone flatscreen, wide open windows with heat blasting overhead. Not too shabby guys. And it does spoil you, because I'm really just a upper deck kinda guy.

I really hate you Vinnie,

All people are not created equal, I suppose.:mad:

All depends onthe box and the facility, I suppose. I haven't been to the boxes in Gillette, but I've been to many boxes that don't have their own bathrooms, so while the bathrooms tend not to be as crowded as the more public ones, they're still subject to lines.

Food has always been overrated at them, I've found. (This may vary depending on what the owners want to spend.)

Parking is a huge advantage at many places IF you have a pass -- which isn't a given.

Biggest issue I have is who you're with. Too often these are business contacts schmoozing who don't know or care much about the game, and you're separated from the real fans. Huge drawback for me.

DVR for slow-mo and rewind.

- HD view - OK your HD view is not better than my real view

- Chance to have sex during the game or at half time - OK you got me here

- Lack of a 6-9 hour experience - OK I am spoiled here with access road for foxboro residents but tailgaiting is part of the experience for those who do it.

- More control over the environment -- invite friends- meet new friends there and there are other seats for friends too generally always see some friends at the game

- No travel time - again I am spoiled...foxboro resident but I here there is a commute to go to aruba yet its still better than my livingroom.

- No long walk up to the Stadium- this one sux but the foxboro lots not to bad

- No chance of bumping into fans of the Jets or whatever other skanky team is visiting---Harrassing and joking with opposing fans is fun

- Replays- technology is catching up and you can do this with a good phone

- Seeing aspects of the game that you just don't get in person with the various angles etc- this is a two street except I am the one who decides what I see instead of the huys in the truck

for the record we haven't always been in Foxboro and have done the long waits pregame and route one traffic and the in stadium experience is still so much better.

In the past few years as the Pats entered their first playoff game,I think most fans would like to have sit in an Electric Chair...the pain would be less than watching the team folding its tents for the year. :rolleyes:

All depends onthe box and the facility, I suppose. I haven't been to the boxes in Gillette, but I've been to many boxes that don't have their own bathrooms, so while the bathrooms tend not to be as crowded as the more public ones, they're still subject to lines.

Food has always been overrated at them, I've found. (This may vary depending on what the owners want to spend.)

Parking is a huge advantage at many places IF you have a pass -- which isn't a given.

Biggest issue I have is who you're with. Too often these are business contacts schmoozing who don't know or care much about the game, and you're separated from the real fans. Huge drawback for me.

I can only speak of the boxes at Gillette, Fenway, and TD Garden, all of which have private in-suite bathrooms. The larger Gillette suites have 2 bathrooms each.

Food. Yeah, it's stadium food but hard to call it overrated as no one is claiming it's gourmet. I can say that a free hamburger tastes a whole lot better than a $9 one that was cooked an hour before. And the chowder is actually quite good from Legal Seafood as are the lobster rolls. For that matter the coldcut sandwhiches, loaded nachos, chix wings are all tasty. Deserts are decadent too.

Seat mates? Most folks are clients and regular fans just like me or you. There are usually a few to several business types who are hosting, but they leave you alone and know enough not to talk shop or try to sell you.

To me, it's the best of both worlds. All the comfort of your living room and then some, plus the experience of seeing a live game in stadium.

I can only speak of the boxes at Gillette, Fenway, and TD Garden, all of which have private in-suite bathrooms. The larger Gillette suites have 2 bathrooms each.

Food. Yeah, it's stadium food but hard to call it overrated as no one is claiming it's gourmet. I can say that a free hamburger tastes a whole lot better than a $9 one that was cooked an hour before. And the chowder is actually quite good from Legal Seafood as are the lobster rolls. For that matter the coldcut sandwhiches, loaded nachos, chix wings are all tasty. Deserts are decadent too.

Seat mates? Most folks are clients and regular fans just like me or you. There are usually a few to several business types who are hosting, but they leave you alone and know enough not to talk shop or try to sell you.

To me, it's the best of both worlds. All the comfort of your living room and then some, plus the experience of seeing a live game in stadium.

I've just heard so many people rave about food in boxes when the main advantage I've experienced is that it's free (and sure, free is nice -- but it strikes as similar to people who rave about buffets, I guess).

My experience w/the folks in boxes has been far too many non-fans. people who are there for the sake of going when invited -- because, hey, it's free and it's a box.

But if you're with real fans, have the parking pass, in-suite bathrooms and pretty good chowder and lobster rolls? Yeah, that sounds pretty good. :)

In the late 60's and early 70's as a kid I used to look forward to the 4:00 Sunday game. I would take my small color TV (rabbit ears) into the bathroom ... set it on a small table and watch the 1st or 2nd half of the game in a steaming hot tub. So relaxing ... used to love it. Then later in the 70's i discovered beer ... watching the games in the tub was over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back