Welcome to PatsFans.com

Favorite Patriots AFC Championship Moments

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Lifer, Jan 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

1. Squish the Fish in Miami - 1986
    the first was still the best. I kept saying "The Patriots are going to the Super Bowl?" about 1,000 times. Only older Patriots fans would understand
    2. Willie Clay's INT, Otis Smith run back of a fumble for a TD, and Tedy's INT to wrap the 1996 AFC Championship.
    The old stadium. It was still incredible for the Patriots to go to a Super Bowl. The Wizard of Oz guard chant they used to play on the loudspeakers.
    a wonderful night. Bill Parcells last great night here.
    3. Shutting up the Steelers fans in 2001. the moment Bill Belichick had equaled everything Parcells had done here and we wouldnt have to hear about "The Tuna" anymore.
    Didnt much care for Bledsoes "its all about me" crying at the end of the game though.
    4. Pounding the Colts in 2003. Ty Laws brilliant game.
    5. Shutting up the Steelers fans again in 2004. Rodneys INT.
  2. Flying Fungi

Flying Fungi Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Berry the Bears

oh those were dark days
  3. Patsfanaustin

Patsfanaustin Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Have to go with 2003. Ty Law's interceptions were incredible. I still get chills thinking about that game.
  4. FFDan

FFDan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I think I have to say "Big Play" Willie Clay's int then Rodney walking it in.
  5. primetime

primetime Rookie

Ratings:
    +126 / 19 / -8

#18 Jersey

I was at the 1996 game. The best moment was the halftime show (though the hail mary TD beforehand wasn't the best). Anyone else remember the random guy running out and singing "Deyoo... deyoo... I saw mama kissin' dad's banana" while they unfurled a big American flag? It was the most bizarre halftime show I ever saw, and I saw the China Bowl one at the Broncos game with the bouncing Teletubbies. I don't think it was Bruschi who intercepted the ball that game, though... you sure it wasn't Todd Collins? Bruschi was still a defensive end that year.

Troy Brown's return TD against the Steelers was great, as were Ty Law's picks and Rodney's.
  6. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

It was Tedy. Todd Collins had his against the Dolphins the next year in the wild card game.
  7. PatsFaninAZ

PatsFaninAZ Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

If the question is favorite while it was happening, definitely the fish squishage.

It lost its luster after the super bowl. But you never forget your first.
  8. primetime

primetime Rookie

Ratings:
    +126 / 19 / -8

#18 Jersey

Otis Smith also had a 50 yard fumble return for a TD that game. That was the play that sealed the deal.
  9. Sean Pa Patriot

Sean Pa Patriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

The 2 games in Pitt will always last in my memory, no one gave us a chance in Pitt, and there I was sitting at the stadium with Bledsoe at Qb and we were up 14-3 at halftime.. Bledose threw some dumb passes in that game, but he almost completed a long bomb to Patten. But it was good to shut up Kordell and that crew..

2004- Brady was just awesome it was a great revenge game, and Rodney taking it to the house, against the Cheses burger

But this memory coming up of destroying the Chargers will be my favorite...
  10. signbabybrady

signbabybrady Rookie

Ratings:
    +91 / 1 / -1

#24 Jersey

The next one:D :D :rocker:
  11. Seacoast Fan

Seacoast Fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 1 / -0

#75 Jersey

Yes, and the game before that, beating the Raiders out in Oakland, and Matt Millen so pissed off, he hit Pat Sullivan in the head with his helmet
    :violent:
    ya can't make this stuff up!

Alot of my favorite plays were against the Steelers. The blocked punt, and the lateral on the return, and Willie yelling, Cancel those reservations!
    And the second game in Pitt, when Brady looked off the safety and then went deep to Branch.
  12. FreakGoDeep

FreakGoDeep Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I think it's time for a "3 games to glory AFCCG Marathon" this weekend
  13. NoCal Patriot

NoCal Patriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I would have to say Troy Brown's Punt Return for a Touchdown versus Pittsburgh on January 27,2002 after Pittsburgh ran smack all week about stopping Him ranks right up there for Me.The consumate Patriot "walking The walk rather than talking the talk still brings a smile to my face.Does everyone remember, "Cancel Those Reservations" !!! One week later We had Our First Lombardi Trophy !
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2008
  14. Krugman

Krugman Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

The playoff wins against the Steelers ,especially Troy Brown's return of the blocked field goal...priceless....
  15. NoCal Patriot

NoCal Patriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

We can't forget Antwan Harris strut into the endznone either !
  16. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +457 / 5 / -10

#61 Jersey

Thanks for the reminder, I'd forgotten all about that. I remember that awful video screen at the old stadium; someone told me a baseball team in Mexico bought it when they tore the place down.

Remember when they showed two hands coming together clapping in rhythm to "DE-FENSE!" It looked more like two feet than two hands.
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.